DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I think with the armors it is more just so folks can unlock them and have the look available in transmog. The armor itself won't break Gambit anymore than it is already broken

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Really? Its pretty much the same as Crucible and Gambit.

Oh I know

I more meant that it exists - seeing a rank circle show up after each strike is weird

• Like 1

Spent far too long grinding the weapon kill IB bounty. God did I hate life last night.

I had finished the IB quest fairly early and I will admit using the Lorentz Driver slowed my progress at the start but once I got my 50 kills with it, it should have been quicker.

Nope. Now some of that was due to having matches that always ended quickly. (Both good and bad). Saladin is a little quick on the trigger to mercy rule a match.

The Lorentz Driver sounds like a pro wrestling finisher.

And yeah, Saladin has been calling squashes too fast for a while now.  It used to be fairly possible to battle back from a mercy defeat (I've been in three mans that have done it a few times) but right before I quit, Saladin would call a match right when my team was starting to rally.

During one of those matches where my team rallied to win, I got my first 20 kill streak medal but it was the IB version.  I was chasing the RTK and was having an epic series of matches.  i got really good with the Jade Rabbit.   After I got the RTK, I got the We Ran Out of Medals medal.  I didn't realize how well I was doing until the medal popped.

Edited by J.T.

So, Savathun's big strategy is to gaslight us?  Like no one's tried that before?

Good to see that they are sticking with the whole moth thing since her wing patterns specifically call back to the Death's-head moth from Silence of the Lambs and there's the whole meta thing with moths being attracted to bright light.  Namely, the light of the Traveler.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

So, Savathun's big strategy is to gaslight us?  Like no one's tried that before?

If I were to hazard a guess, Savathun pissed off the Darkness and went on the run. She probably chose eventually hide in Osiris to understand the Light and how to get its power. Also guessing she had the Vanguard gather allies probably to fight her sister and the Darkness in her stead.

It is still so interesting to me that still lingering out there is the whole Rasputin becoming an Exo storyline.

There was the tease and then after that first season of Beyond Light, Ana Bray just fucked right off

I mean, fuck.  The Ahamkara gaslit Uldren into setting Riven free and then we had to shoot him in the chest.  not that he stayed dead or anything.

No one in the Destinyverse has a healthy set of mistrust?  Are we all marks getting worked?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

No one in the Destinyverse has a healthy set of mistrust?  Are we all marks getting worked?

The Drifter

And he has been making subtle comments the whole last year that are basically "I told you so"

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Petra doesn't remotely trust Crow and likely wants to shoot him dead again. Mara Sov is dealing with Savathun pretty much knowing she is going to try to screw them someway. Mara is just trying to figure out how and a way to counteract. 

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Petra doesn't remotely trust Crow and likely wants to shoot him dead again. 

Oh man - that reminds me of the hysterical line Petra says to Crow's ghost where after he says he was searching for his Guardian for a really long time and Petra just goes "You couldn't have search a little bit longer?"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Drifter

Let me rephrase.  Is there anyone in the Destinyverse who is not a cliche renegade douchebag have a healthy sense of mistrust?  And as Eivion said, that answer seems to be Petra.

Mara Sov is an idiot.  You don't make peace deals with the Taliban, homegirl.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Mara Sov is an idiot. 

This might be the most shocking thing you have ever sad

Your Destiny hate has consumed you and you are no longer saying things you mean

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This might be the most shocking thing you have ever sad

Your Destiny hate has consumed you and you are no longer saying things you mean

Come on, dude.  Mara clearly thinks she can manipulate things to her advantage and we all know that she is out of her league.  The book about art of deception is located inside Savathun's wheelhouse and she writes new chapters every day.

Mara's pride is going to get everyone killed.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Mara is gonna be so sad when she learns all the nice things you used to say about her were a lie

She is still my crazy boo.   I just think that trying to match wits with Savathun is a losing proposition.  The best way to deal with the Hive is bombs.  

Lots of them.

It might also be a good idea to search the Gunsmith's corpse to see if he still has the schematics for that Ghost killer bullet he made. I have a feeling you're going to need lots of them.

Again - this is why making allies with some of the Cabal was a good thing since their crazy asses are taking the fight straight to everyone.

That being said - I have convinced myself that all of this is a Red Herring and that the Witch Queen is gonna reveal a bigger bad. The thing that has even Savathun spooked.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Again - this is why making allies with some of the Cabal was a good thing since their crazy asses are taking the fight straight to everyone.

That being said - I have convinced myself that all of this is a Red Herring and that the Witch Queen is gonna reveal a bigger bad. The thing that has even Savathun spooked.

The most surprising thing that the devs could do would be to have Savathun actually be sincere.

As you say, I think the Darkness pyramid fleet has Savathun spooked and we're just pieces on the chess board that she will move around to either destroy the Darkness controlled Red Hive or bring them back under her control and then wipe out the rest of her enemies.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Come on, dude.  Mara clearly thinks she can manipulate things to her advantage and we all know that she is out of her league.  The book about art of deception is located inside Savathun's wheelhouse and she writes new chapters every day.

Mara's pride is going to get everyone killed.

To be fair this is more of they didn't really have a better choice type of situation than anything else. Dealing with Savathun is the only way to rescue Osiris and multiple Techuans if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

To be fair this is more of they didn't really have a better choice type of situation than anything else. Dealing with Savathun is the only way to rescue Osiris and multiple Techuans if I recall correctly.

That's if Osiris is still alive.  He doesn't have a ghost anymore so the old bastard may already be dead.

Ironically - the conversation with Mara this week is basically Mara saying that the thing that has Savathun spooked is the entity that is controlling the Black Fleet and Mara saying that it isn't evil because it uses the Darkness but it is evil because it does evil things.