DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Clearly I need to play more Astral Alignment. I only cough the stuff about Mara learning how Spider treated Crow and clearly wanting him dead after hearing it.

The Spider thing was hidden in lore (shocker).

I need to play more AA just because I still haven’t gotten my catalyst

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I assume you are talking about Crow learning the truth.

Yeah - I only finished that this morning

That is because yesterday, again in the same fucking shattered realm as last time, I got trapped and had to quit out.

This time was when I was doing the weird witches thing with the portals. I am at the end fighting the last witch and I got booped off the ledge. I some feel onto this tiny ledge like 100 ft below where there was nowhere to leap up and I just kept respawning basically under the map.

So Savathun broke Bro Code and told Crow who he really was?  He knows he was a douchebag and he knows that "we" had to take him down, then.

Can't imagine that went over well.  So this whole thing will either end up with Crow doing some sort of noble sacrifice shit to make amends for his past misdeeds, or he will redeem himself and still manage to stay alive.

Has our Ghost ever had a chat with Crow's Ghost and been like, "You know you are a dumbass right.  Of all of the people to resurrect, you brought back Cayde-6's killer?"

Isn't it early in this season for big news like this.  This fucking season will last until the beginning of next year.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - its interesting because Crow has asked Ikora to reassign him (she apparently is gonna have him work with Empress Caiatl) which would work a lot better if this season was ending in Nov - instead he is still gonna awkwardly stand around till fucking Feb I guess.

I am appreciating the twist and turns so far but I am also good if I don't have to deal with emo Crow for like 6 months

I am curious but too lazy to do the deep dive into how many Guardians learned of their full pasts

45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So Savathun broke Bro Code and told Crow who he really was?  He knows he was a douchebag and he knows that "we" had to take him down, then.

She conveniently left out the detail of who put a bullet in his head, but yes, he is now aware he was an insane asshole before and that Petra had completely valid reasons for being a dick to him.

47 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Isn't it early in this season for big news like this.  This fucking season will last until the beginning of next year.

Its a big piece in the seasonal story, but with still have to deal with freeing Savathun and the forces of Xivu Arath. Beyond that, they are presumably relying Festival of the Lost and the Anniversary event for content before Witchqueen.

Technically - we still don't know if we actually killed him. Yes - there are some folks (in game) who say we did but there are others who are all "it doesn't matter who pulled the trigger" (I think Drifter is one of them)

Plus in rewatching everything via BYF as above - they definitely leave it a little murky as to if he was told who pulled the trigger (of course was it the true or not is a different matter)

I'm pretty sure our guardian killed Uldren. I have a hard time seeing Petra do it if only because she loves Mara too much to kill the only thing she know Mara loves for sure. Honestly, I'm not sure why they left any ambiguity there. I figure most of the player base probably prefer the idea they shot Uldren.

I am not sure what is amusing me more

A) That they are doing the "We are ready to have the worm ceremony... when the time is right" bit so that they don't unlock the final mission till... whenever

or

B) That they are doing the "When Crow returns" bit despite them needing him to be around as a vendor still

I will say that I don't think they are gonna wait till like January to drop the final mission but at a minimum they will probably wait till whatever was supposed to be the second to last week of what the season was supposed to be

Or maybe at least till after Festival of the Lost

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Watching Aztec's guide for didn't make it seem too difficult. Feels like the Glassway is still harder.

Fallout has it as the worst (though one of the folks running it with him still thought Proving Ground was harder)

Datto thought it wasn't the hardest but was in "the top tier" - of course Datto was also doing that thing where he goes "and you just kill some stuff and move on" like everyone can do what his group does

No matter what - the general consensus is that the mini screebs are the fucking worst (partly because their AI seems to be fucked. I am seen some folks theorize that it is because they just used the code for The Colony grenades)

They are vaulting the Tangled Shore come Witchqueen. I'm ok with this. I like Spider, and the area was generally neat. Still, it hasn't really felt important in a while, even with Season of the Hunt. Warden of Nothing is sticking around. 

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

They are vaulting the Tangled Shore come Witchqueen. I'm ok with this. I like Spider, and the area was generally neat. Still, it hasn't really felt important in a while, even with Season of the Hunt. Warden of Nothing is sticking around. 

It explains why they laid the ground work for Spider fleeing via Drifter's help (at least in the lore)

BTW - it is also all the Forsaken campaign stuff that is getting vaulted (sans the Dreaming City). Also the Presage and Harbinger missions are going away (that definitely is not surprising)

Also a lot of the Season 4 stuff is getting vaulted.

I can see this is where folks will start to get pissed about the vaulting (if they weren't already) since now you are now vaulting DLC stuff

It sure seems like it is all at once

Beginning on February 22, the Forsaken campaign and the Tangled Shore destination will enter the DCV (Note: The Dreaming City destination will continue to be available), along with Year 4 Seasonal content, including the Presage and Harbinger Exotic missions. We understand the unique value of these definitively Destiny experiences and are investigating ways to reprise and create new exciting Exotic special missions within Destiny 2 for the future.

• Like 1

I haven't done much yet with this year's Festival of the Lost but it is at least different

I am not sad that there is no more running through the fucking Infinite Forest