DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

More new dungeons to come next year though locked behind the deluxe edition. Guess they want dungeons to pay for themselves now.

I believe the Deluxe Edition is basically how they do the Season Pass now. If I am remembering correctly - I had to "upgrade" the Deluxe Edition when I wanted last year's season pass (I had waited because I had gotten a season free due to all those server fuck ups a few years ago that made the game unplayable).

So, at least me for, it is the same money I would have been spending on the game anyone.

Having to pay extra for the 30th anniversary pack is a little irritating but I will wait till I hear the price point before fully raging.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Having to pay extra for the 30th anniversary pack is a little irritating but I will wait till I hear the price point before fully raging.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

GJALLARHORN BITCHES~!

As if PPV weren't fucked already.  

The Hive have always been looking for ways to corrupt the Light so Savathun cracking the code sounds like a fairly logical and interesting progression in the meta.

I am digging the Silence of the Lambs egg of Easter by giving Savathun the wings of a Death's Head Moth.

It's too bad I hate this game and am so far behind.  This turn in the lore might have urged me to keep playing if I were still grinding and held my nose every time there was a cutscene featuring Crow.

Edited by J.T.

This one cracks me up because they put that first tweet out and people were all "umm... but you have to destroy all the wisps to complete the activity" so Bungie clearly has no fucking clue

Yeah the 30th Anniversary pack is $25 is... something

I agree with Datto (and I am sure others) - in that it sure seems like Bungie trying to recoup money due to not having a new release this Winter

That being said asking for $25 when a single season costs $10 and then suckering people in with the promise of Gjallahorn... well I guess I sorta respect the grif

So they finally confirmed new Darkness subclasses were pushed back from Witchqueen. They instead shifted their focus to bringing the Light Subclasses up to snuff first. Its called Subclass 3.0 even going back to when they were working on Stasis. They will have aspects and fragments just like Stasis. Void up is first. I think we are getting the up date in December alongside the anniversary stuff.

I'm a little disappointed we have to wait for Corruption and whatever the third one will be, but it will also be nice to want to actively use Light subclasses again w/o feeling like I'm limiting myself.

Edited by Eivion

I still haven't been able to play this season (my work schedule not Bungie's shitty servers)

I finally will be able to dive in this afternoon (in theory)

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, did the Chosen make another Riven?

No

Spoiler

Savthun revealed that she was Osiris this whole time (well whole year) and she cut a deal with Mara. Remove Savathun’s worm and she will return Osiris.

So that has already lead to a lot of teasing of Mara vs Ikora which I don’t think my pants could handle.

Plus it seems like this season is going to flesh out a lot of Mara and Uldron’s backstory. Not to mention Crow showing up and being all “do I know you?” to Mara. And Petra clearly wants to shiv Crow

And that isn’t even touching the side stuff that is showing up in the lore where Caiatl and the Cabal have started a major offensive against Xivu Arath

On 8/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, RIPPA said:

And that isn’t even touching the side stuff that is showing up in the lore where Caiatl and the Cabal have started a major offensive against Xivu Arath

Only seen one part, but they are pretty much the ones keeping Xivu Arath from invading the Reef completely right now, correct?

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Only seen one part, but they are pretty much the ones keeping Xivu Arath from invading the Reef completely right now, correct?

It certainly seemed like it

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, RIPPA said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Savthun revealed that she was Osiris this whole time (well whole year) and she cut a deal with Mara. Remove Savathun’s worm and she will return Osiris.

So that has already lead to a lot of teasing of Mara vs Ikora which I don’t think my pants could handle.

Plus it seems like this season is going to flesh out a lot of Mara and Uldron’s backstory. Not to mention Crow showing up and being all “do I know you?” to Mara. And Petra clearly wants to shiv Crow

That may be the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.  Between that and Savathun creating Hive Ghosts, Byf's brain must be good and melted by now.

Nothing like IB to remind me why I despise PvP. The IB quests are too damn long and require too damn much. I resent being forced to use weapons I don't like in PvP and that require specific maps to get real use out of. I resent being forced to make ability kills with a class they very purposefully have made it hard to get ability kills with inside PvP in Hunters. Then of course there is the new meta where they seem to purposely overdo at least one or two weapons every season. This time its the new exotic Fusion rifles in Vex Mythiclast and Lorentz's Driver. The implosion area of effect is so damn large and stupid in PvP for the latter.

Edited by Eivion

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - Datto had a video today that was basically "Settle in for 6 months of nothing but Fusion Rifles"

I caught that video last night. I knew Vex Mythoclast would be a beast. I didn't realize how bad Lorentz would get till I went up against it multiple times today.  I feel like it was meant to be a PvE weapon and some jackass forgot to temper things down a bit on the PvP side.

Saw a vid from Aztec talking about weapon crafting interviews. Sounds interesting though potentially grindy. In general though it feels like its more the final nail in sunset and mostly to get people to finally get rid of shit in their vaults. I suspect they don't want to expand any them further. Have to admit I have like 450+ things in mine. Its mostly weapons I don't even use but have past godrolls of. Some of it is just the collector mindaet I have as well.

You know me - I am always up around 470+

I only recently started deleting my sunset weapons (not the "known" ones however)

Why I am keeping the random Black Armory shit is beyond me. I guess I keep thinking they will bring back the forges and I can finally do all the special challenge shit

However - I did start deleting all my Gambit Reckoning shit as fuck all that nonsense if they bring it back

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Why I am keeping the random Black Armory shit is beyond me. I guess I keep thinking they will bring back the forges and I can finally do all the special challenge shit

Hammerhead was my favorite heavy when machine guns still mattered.

Just saw a Datto vid on Vex Mythoclast. Its interesting. You can tell he realizes they went overboard on the buffs, but at the same time he is clearly having fun with the weapon. He fears any nerf on the PvP side will screw up the PvE aspect of the weapon. I don't really care if a nerf screws it over a bit, but I also will likely never have it since I don't play raids.

Also saw a Houndish vid going over Xur's sales for the season. Apparently he will be selling playlist weapons including the Nightfall and Trials weapons like Palindrome and Summoner. I did not expect this. With some of this its presumed its because they no longer drop from their original sources. I'm mostly surprised about the Nightfall weapons since they are available still. Older armor will be available as well including Gambit Prime armors. Kind of wish they would leave those alone since they helped to break Gambit a bit though not as badly as some of the changes and exotic heavies added over the past 2 years.