DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Stasis is getting nerfed a good damn deal across the board next Thursday. Apparently this update was actually planned for next season, but the general bitching was enough for them to move it up.

Kind of annoyed with the coldsnap grenade change since I liked it for pve and it was ok at best in pvp. 

Apparently Expunge will reward high stat armor for the weekly mission the first four weeks then weapons.

Hopefully, but it sounds more like they are changing the nature of several fragments and coldsnap grenades.

Personally I'm kind of annoyed with Stasis bitching. As annoying as it is I still find the vast amount of Titan/Warlock abilities that either one shot me or practically one shot me just as annoying along with roaming supers. It was hard not to want to tell Datto to go fuck himself for whining about the Hunter's stasis super that you can easily run fuck away from unlike the shit Titans and Warlocks use with the ability to chase your ass down be it with Stasis or a light subclass. Abilities in PvP have always been broken.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You should have found some randos on LFG.

No - it was that I haven't been around to play not that I was unable to complete it.

I literally haven't had the time to even start it

Finished the weekly mission/story. Expunge was slightly better this week. Those data shortcuts help the ever so slightest though not much. 

The story bits post-Expunge were pretty juicy with Saint learning an interesting story about how the Eliksni see him. I think his silence spoke volumes. What was more interesting to me was reading the this and last week's bit from the lore tab and realizing some major shit is goign on in the background.

Spoiler

I heard spoiler/rumors about Lakshmi-2 being compromised by the Vex, but its pretty obvious now her campaign against the Eliksni has nothing to do with the that and is more about the brewing coup. We are so losing the main factions when this season ends. Dead Orbit was apparently about to run the fuck away before Lakshmi-2 & Hideo brought Jalaal in. Guessing Lakshmi-2's device somehow opens a way into the city for Vex and she gets her dumbass killed there. 

One thing I do continue to think and agree with Datto on is how they do lock way too much away in the lore tab. The bit I mentioned here absolutely should have been in the damn game.

Did Expunge this morning.

Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. I think I only had one death to an enemy. The rest of my deaths were platforming.

Good news is that it looks like Bungie changed it this season as as soon as I completed Splicer III (since that required the basic clear) it gave me Splicer IV.

Hopefully that means I will be able to do Styx this week and be up to date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why has it taken them so long to figure out how to nerf Stasis for PvP only?  It is their game, right?  They should know how it works.

Well it was more that they didn't want to make it so a class played differently in PvE vs PvP. So they tried universal changes first and that quickly proved to do nothing.

They also have - rightly or wrongly - been reluctant to make wholesale changes to gameplay mid-season. That is why they were originally gonna drop it with the start of the next season

The bigger issue is that it seems like they didn't do any playtesting in PvP before releasing Stasis into the wild and just went "Oooh... it is fun to freeze things!"

I agree.  Three seconds of inactivity lasts an eternity, but PvE is far more forgiving than PvP. 

Unless you are attacking from long or extreme rage with a sniper rifle or scout rifle, no player should be getting uninterrupted damage time on another player.

Stasis was a terrible idea or at least importing it wholesale into PvP was a terrible idea.

Edited by J.T.

24 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I agree.  Three seconds of inactivity lasts an eternity, but PvE is far more forgiving than PvP. 

Unless you are attacking from long or extreme rage with a sniper rifle or scout rifle, no player should be getting uninterrupted damage time on another player.

Stasis was a terrible idea or at least importing it wholesale into PvP was a terrible idea.

Well yeah - but that is a different story

I was watching a video Fallout put out the other day and currently a Warlock Shadebringer could freeze someone in a Crucible match, it was either 5 or 6 different ways consecutively without the other person being able to move.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well yeah - but that is a different story

I was watching a video Fallout put out the other day and currently a Warlock Shadebringer could freeze someone in a Crucible match, it was either 5 or 6 different ways consecutively without the other person being able to move.

People in clans can fire up Private Matches with their friends to test things like this and get their timing down.  Dirty Solo Casuals will not.

Well obviously because obviously in a regular match you want the person dead

But still - the fact remains that a coordinated fire team can just troll the other team anytime they wanted to do with ease

The dirty solo players are more still trying to find wall hacks etc...

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well obviously because obviously in a regular match you want the person dead.

Well, I guess my point was that these guys use Private Matches to practice the techniques they will eventually unleash on poor unsuspecting casuals.  Causals just go for what they know and don't realize that PvP guys that are really good have run those routines until it is second nature. 

They're not just out there winging it.  They know how to get those consecutive chain freezes like the backs of their hands.

Most of the folks I watch as just in Private matches to do the testing for their videos and that alone is a reason I will never be a streamer.

Constantly waiting for your powers - especially your super - to return just to detect half second differences. Shoot me in the head please

Watched Aztec's test of Stasis pre and post nerf.

Titans were stupid good before and will still be solid-good now, just less ridiculous. Warlock's shit is more reasonable as well. Hunters kind of got fucked over with a melee ability that couldn't actually kill people in even two shots getting a damage nerf. The tracking and slow properties of shuriken were rather worthless before the nerf and seemingly will be even more worthless now. On the flipside it does look like Hunters will be able to dodge Warlock and Titan abilities that were rather bullshit before now.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean they are kind of fucked for many reasons. Which one do you think it is?

That they are all (or at least all the Future War Cult folks) are under Savathun's influence

• Like 1

Yeah I think tis been theorized only maybe Zavala, Ikora, and a few others aren't under Savathun's influence to some degree at this point. If Lightfall wasn't a year and half away I honestly would think the city was losing the war with Savathun. 

Well if fucking over The Last City is their justification for starting over from scratch, I might be back in.

D2 is trashed beyond belief.  They need to roll with D3 if only to reset everything back to ground truth.

Edited by J.T.