DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

What has Lakshmi-2 done that will get her killed because Bungie doesn't want to pay Shohreh Aghdashloo for voice work anymore?

To be fair - it was more to have a kayfabe reason for removing all the factions from the game since they announced a bit ago that Faction rallies were never coming back.

So rough summary

Spoiler

Lakshmi - being corrupted by the corrupted Osiris - decides that the Eliksni are gonna steal the Light, opens a portal that lets Vex into the Last City. So technically her prophecy was fulfilled just by her own doing. Of course - the second the Vex show up, they kill Lakshmi.

Guardians do their thing. Saint protects the Eliksni. At the very end, Ikora shows up unleashing the mother of all Nova Bomb's (plus Zavala and the aforementioned Holliday show up.

Osiris is shown watching from a distance. Ikora refuses to believe he is evil despite Lakshmi being all HE HELPED ME OPEN THE PORTAL~!

Dead Orbit makes "good on their promise" as Ikora says and leaves the Last City. FWC and New Monarchy (who were helping Lakshmi) also flee the city because they don't want the flak. (Ikora does goes out of her way to say that some FWC folks warned her that Lakshmi went off the deep end)

I forgot to read the last lore page so there is probably a little more there

All of that convoluted plot just to get rid of factions?  That's totally stupid.

I'm guessing that the Witch Queen's first order of business will be to obliterate the Dead Orbit fleet as it heads out of the solar system the same way her pops took care of the Reef Awoken armada at the Battle of Saturn.

I'm guessing that the Last City still has Elksini refugees as allies and also has a peace treaty with the Cabal so the it isn't in this shit alone.

Edited by J.T.

Have to say it does disappoint me that they finally do something interesting with the factions just as a way to get rid of them. Feels highly unnecessary. New Monarchy went with Dead Orbit. FWC is dead as an organization, but I do believe their survivors stuck around. Its also weird to say the factions are dead when it was just those three who happened to have the highest power. Minor factions still exist. Ones like the crazy cult level light worshipers are still around. Honestly, kind of surprised the haven't had them try to kill guardians who use darkness powers yet.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So the final season mission dropped today and apparently there is an Easter egg of a character returning just not as we knew them

Hide contents

Apparently Asher Mir downloaded his consciousness into a Vex Harpy

At a minimum it is using the Harpy to communicate

Where the hell was this?

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

What has Lakshmi-2 done that will get her killed because Bungie doesn't want to pay Shohreh Aghdashloo for voice work anymore?

This is another thing that makes me sad about them killing off the faction. I liked hearing her voice. That woman is so damn good, even in a video game I doubt she gives much of a crap about.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm guessing that the Witch Queen's first order of business will be to obliterate the Dead Orbit fleet as it heads out of the solar system the same way her pops took care of the Reef Awoken armada at the Battle of Saturn.

I'm guessing that the Last City still has Elksini refugees as allies and also has a peace treaty with the Cabal so the it isn't in this shit alone.

Dead Orbit and New Monarchy getting wrecked at the beginning of Witch Queen feels almost like a certainty. 

The Eliksni are straight up are part of the last city at this point, or at least the House of Light is. Party of the point with the Cabal treaty is the war with Witch Queen so its kind of given they show then. Caiatl even warned Zavala some shit like what happened this season would go down. She pretty much smelled the stench of coup from Lakshmi-2 & Hideo.

Edited by Eivion

Apparently as soon as your start Override Last City - Hop up on one of the blasted-out buildings, just to the right of the building you start the activity in

Aztec has been mentioning a warmind cells nerf was coming for a few months now so I expected it. Just looking at his vid, it was a bit more than I was hoping/expecting.

I'm not really bothered by the scavenger mod nerf.

Its nice to see them give Lucky Pants and Bombardiers an update and buff. Still not sure I will use either. I quite like my Assassin's Cowl, and I got a good roll on whatever pants I'm using right now. Lucky Pants might be worth it in a future season where hand cannons have artifact mods. Graviton Forfeit has some nice changes too with longer invisibility and some healing.

The new IB armor sets look alright. Don't care for the Hunter's helm, but I might use the rest.

Edited by Eivion

I am in the middle of my two week hell period at work and I just realized today that the new season starts next week.

Granted this is gonna be a never ending season but still

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am in the middle of my two week hell period at work and I just realized today that the new season starts next week.

I was on 7 days a week day shift for nearly a month, took off a week, and am now halfway through a week and a half of swing shift.

My bio clock is a mess and my kid leaves for college this Saturday.

The long awaited Anarchy nerf was finally announced but it is less than people expected.

Primary ammo is going away - all weapons that fire primary will now have infinite ammo (due to this a handful of perks and mods will have to be modified)

Fusions are getting their long promised buff

Machine guns are getting a damage increase

Also posted a long list of definitions so everyone was on the same page when changes are discussed

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

OH! Totally forgot to mention that they are introducing legendary stasis weapons which has everyone (rightly) in a panic

I found this interesting since it looks like Darkness class weapons will be in the primary slot instead of energy.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I found this interesting since it looks like Darkness class weapons will be in the primary slot instead of energy.

Kinetic and Power - they said there wouldn't be any in the Energy slot

Season 15 introduces Legendary Stasis weapons, and we’ve seen some concern about how these are intended to work, particularly in PvP, so here are some details: 
Stasis Power weapons are in the Power slot, but all other Stasis weapons are in the Kinetic slot. This is to avoid overcrowding the Energy slot, and so that it’s reasonable to use one in match game content. The Kinetic slot won’t be renamed at this time. 
Stasis weapons don’t intrinsically do anything differently from weapons of other damage types, but they are the only weapons that can roll with Stasis perks. 
We generally intend Stasis perks with slowing or freezing effects to have a kill trigger, this being easy enough to trigger in PvE and fun to use but not obnoxious to play against in PvP. 

Interesting that they teased renaming the Kinetic slot

• Like 1

Basically what the leaks said

Savathûn can wield the light so the Hive (at least select ones) have ghosts now

Some sort of weapon crafting will be introduced

Oh and Season 15 that just started is "Season of the Lost"

Fighting Guardian Hive sounds interesting, especially with them having their own ghosts.

A new weapon type was unexpected but neat. Wonder how they are going to balance it with it being in the energy slot and melee.

Weapon crafting was a surprise.

A six month season is disappointing. I assume they had no choice, but holy fuck is that long. I hope they at least added some extra story to Season of the Lost to make it worthwhile though I suspect they are mostly going to rely on Festival and Solstice post-story content. The story for Lost looks decent at least. Just hope the long time of the season itself doesn't sour people on it if the story is any good.

Am I crazy or is Gina Torres back as Ikora? The new actress sounds similar, but you could hear some difference.

So the 30th anniversary is giving us some extra content to pass the time? Sounds fun though I wish it was all free. Hopefully they don't do a full season charge for new dungeon.

More new dungeons to come next year though locked behind the deluxe edition. Guess they want dungeons to pay for themselves now.

Also seems like Lightfall or maybe more whatever comes after it will be the end of Destiny 2.

Edited by Eivion

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Am I crazy or is Gina Torres back as Ikora? The new actress sounds similar, but you could hear some difference.

I was wondering the same thing

Though the new voice actor they got for Mara Sov... ooof.