DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I really hope they get rid of the ability kills bounty for IB when they adjust in the future. It is annoying as fuck to do as hunter. I'm also just better at gunplay in general.

Edited by Eivion

Speaking of which - I have been chipping away at the IB seasonal bounty

Stuck on machine gun kills because I can never get heavy ammo

Finished the IB bounties - only got 2 pinnacle slot repeats this time

Still need one machine gun kill.

Might wait till the next time to chase it.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, RIPPA said:

Speaking of which - I have been chipping away at the IB seasonal bounty

Stuck on machine gun kills because I can never get heavy ammo

You're going to have to be a dick, dude, and camp the heavy ammo.   Everyone will be sprinting for it since all of you have the same bounties to knock out.  It doesn't exactly contribute to a team win when everyone hogs the purple but then again, there aren't too many PvP related bounties that work to the benefit of the team as a whole.

Yeah - it is stupid how many of the steps of this quest required kills with weapons that required purple

And it only spawns three times max

Also doesn't help that machine guns currently suck

I suppose you could always use Xenophage if it hasn't been watered down, but I preferred to use Exotics as my primary or secondary weapon.  Using an Exotic heavy in PvP always felt like a waste.

Xenophage was merking dudes in PvP right before I quit.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - all the special stuff this season is A LOT of platforming (though you can unlock shortcuts to make life easier)

But this week they added the magic words "Corrupted"

So time to get booped off ledges

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it is stupid how many of the steps of this quest required kills with weapons that required purple

And it only spawns three times max

Also doesn't help that machine guns currently suck

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I suppose you could always use Xenophage if it hasn't been watered down, but I preferred to use Exotics as my primary or secondary weapon.  Using an Exotic heavy in PvP always felt like a waste.

Xenophage was merking dudes in PvP right before I quit.

Xenophage is still pretty powerful/useful. I wish I thought it during that part of the quest. What pissed me off was the fact that I was actually using the machine gun often and successfully before that part of the quest which of course means its the only part of the quest that isn't retroactive. Sometimes I feel like Bungie is giving me the finger personally. I know they aren't but still.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - all the special stuff this season is A LOT of platforming (though you can unlock shortcuts to make life easier)

But this week they added the magic words "Corrupted"

So time to get booped off ledges

To be fair the platforming is just in the Vex network and strangely makes sense to me though I still hate it as a hunter. The Override activities aren't so bad. Its Expunge where it really sucks, partially because the shortcuts aren't nearly as good as they are in Override. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh the flip side - Ikora and Lakshmi are gonna throw down and I am here for it

You can just feel Ikora wanting to tell Lakshmi to shut the fuck up before she ends her half the time they speak together.

Yeah - he is definitely playing both sides against each other right now (probably under the Witch Queen's orders)

Poor poor Saint - his partner is gonna betray him and it is gonna be so sad

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - he is definitely playing both sides against each other right now (probably under the Witch Queen's orders)

Poor poor Saint - his partner is gonna betray him and it is gonna be so sad

Osiris needs to watch who he fucks with.  He doesn't have a Ghost anymore and Saint-14 does.

Saint-14 also has Perfect Paradox... well.... everyone has it, but it was his shotgun first.

Edited by J.T.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Osiris needs to watch who he fucks with.  He doesn't have a Ghost anymore and Saint-14 does.

Just because I am not sure you realize it is officially canon  - when I say Saint's partner I mean partner

So I am giggling because if you drop the word "with" it actually becomes far more accurate than you realize

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just because I am not sure you realize it is officially canon  - when I say Saint's partner I mean partner

So I am giggling because if you drop the word "with" it actually becomes far more accurate than you realize

I wish I could say that it did not bug me, but it does a little.  Does their sexual relationship really have to be canon?

It's not like I am a homophobe or anything.   I always assumed that either Ikora, Sloane, or Holliday would eventually confess to being a lesbian at some point and I was good with those revelations.

And truth be told, I honestly thought that Uldrin was either gay or was the bottom in an incest thing going on with his sister.  There is an inside joke I have with myself about how Uldren has a foot fetish for his sister since he seems to be equal parts boot licker and toe sucker.

Edited by J.T.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I did not realize this. It kind of makes sense and goes a long way in explaining Osiris's effort into bringing Saint back, but yeah had no idea.

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I did not realize this. It kind of makes sense and goes a long way in explaining Osiris's effort into bringing Saint back, but yeah had no idea.

It was only confirmed right at the beginning of Lightfall

Brookes is the Destiny 2 narrative designer. He said elsewhere that he always assumed they were a couple and when he got his current job he found out that he was correct. (that is why he said "always have been")

It has only started showing up recently - and very subtly - in lore tabs

For example - the most recent one where Lakeshmi goes to try and get Saint on her side. She refers to Osiris as Saint's partner. So obviously without knowing you would think it is just the platonic version. But with the context it takes on a different meaning.

• Thanks 1

Did a GM Nightfall last night and got my first Adept weapon in Hung Jury. Have to say as hard an annoying as GMs can be they oddly don't bother me near as much as I thought they would though the Glassway is hell. Might end up doing it again once or twice if only because I want a Hung Jury with Firefly.

• Like 1

I did not though I can't say I'm exactly excited about it. The Hunter armor is the worst looking one they have done so far from what I recall. With that being the case I may not bother with it.