DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I hate time limit content in general when it comes to MMO-ish games so I am sure I would not miss the Infinite Forrest runs if I were still playing.

I think the only exception to the rule was the Ascendant Challenges.  For some reason, I loved those things and completing the time trials is still a source of pride for me.

There seems to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about dungeons being behind paywalls after Witch Queen is released.  Should I continue to rejoice that I had the wisdom to quit this game, or is this the chorus of the usual overreacting, misinformed, and eternally miserable D2 community members reaching my ears?

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There seems to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about dungeons being behind paywalls after Witch Queen is released.  Should I continue to rejoice that I had the wisdom to quit this game, or is this the chorus of the usual overreacting, misinformed, and eternally miserable D2 community members reaching my ears?

It is a little from Column A and a little from Column B

Basically Cozmo said that the two new dungeons would only be available to those who buy the Deluxe Season Pass of Witch Queen (or whatever the official name is)

Basically (and I am doing this from memory at the moment so I might be fucking it up) - it is pay $100 to get the 30th Anniversary, Witch Queen and the 4 seasons. And while you can still buy each season individually - the dungeons are only if you buy the whole thing at once (Like if you buy each piece individually its something like $145)

So the bitching is coming from two fronts

A) the usual "everything should be free, I should never have to pay for a single thing ever, gimme gimme gimme". I am taking a little creative license here but this seems to mainly be the folks who usually bitch about the Eververse store fall too OR ones who stopped playing a long time ago and just generally bitch about all games being money grabs now.

B) is probably where I fall (though I am old and don't have the energy anymore to get too outraged) where it is they want us to pay basically $100 for everything that is coming out WHILE taking away extra stuff we already paid for (since they are vaulting Forsaken stuff). Also folks have pointed out that even the items you get from the Season Pass aren't as good and more (the weapon and armor are less frequent and it is just lots more materials and bright dust). (It also leads to smaller points like - I am gonna spend another $100 yet you cant just let me transmog anything I fucking want?)

This is how I know I have changed because it is basically an even worse version of the way Destiny 1 turned out that lead me to rage quit instead of getting Rise of Iron and instead I am kinda like "Yeah I guess I will just ask for gift cards at Christmas to pay for it". For me - Group B has a lot of valid arguments. Group A to me - are usually the loudest on the forums.

I have seen more than one person point out that Bungie needs to finally just make a fist and either choose a subscription model or go full on free to play instead of this weird hybrid model that pisses everyone off.

The subscription model would probably be better in the long run as every paying player would help subsidize the cost of future content.

They should also probably think about sticking a fork in D2 and develop D3 so that everyone gets a fresh start.  Tons of horrible decisions have tanked D2.

I'm kind of annoyed with the decision because I don't like paying that much at once. Otherwise I don't have too many complaints. I would prefer the dungeons just being a part of the game as they have in the past yet in reality I don't really play dungeons that much other than pinnacles and exotic quests in the first few weeks. Honestly, thinking it might be best for me to leave it alone this time around.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Fallout makes a vid about avoiding douchey Hunter builds while having the one of the douchiest load-outs imaginable.

Well that's part of the joke

He had a video the other day about a load out he and his team was using (it was an absurdly complicated one that I don't think too many people will bother with) that was getting him hate Tweets so that is always entertaining

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well that's part of the joke

He had a video the other day about a load out he and his team was using (it was an absurdly complicated one that I don't think too many people will bother with) that was getting him hate Tweets so that is always entertaining

Well, I meant douchey in a good way.   It's not his job to play to the weakness of the enemy team and to his credit, AFAICT he's not using uber merc weapons from content that a casual could not participate in.  It's meta that anyone can exploit if they put the time in to get the gear.

Even I was able to eventually get a Mountaintop while running solo.

This just reminds me of the vid he did complaining about how OP he thought Spectral Blades was in Comp, while running a Nova Warp Warlock running Chaperone / Luna's Howl / Hammerhead.   Really, Fallout?

Edited by J.T.

I think you might be conf

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This just reminds me of the vid he did complaining about how OP he thought Spectral Blades was in Comp, while running a Nova Warp Warlock running Chaperone / Luna's Howl / Hammerhead.   Really, Fallout?

You might be confusing Fallout and Datto on this last point - at least that is the way my old ass memory remembers it

I definitely remember Datto doing a video complaining about something (possibly Spectral Blades) while running a Titan build that basically was infinite grenades

It also reminds me that Fallout, the guys he was playing with and Fallout's Twitch chat where having a discussion during their Grand Master Nightfall clear about what was the worst Destiny meta throughout the years. And it was generally decided that Mountaintop/Recluse was the one that people hated the most (not that it necessarily was the worst)

Nah it was definitely Fallout, but Datto also kills me when he makes videos complaining about meta while having as toxic of a build as he can devise.

Mountaintop / Recluse was a pretty vile load-out.  Not the strongest build, but you could hold your own against most meta or at least you could until autos were buffed through the moon.

I think people hated that build because it was around the time that win traders helped make Ritual Weapons more common in other player's load-outs.  They started to lose their special place in the game.

I think that Revoker / Luna's Howl is the load-out I despised the most.

I got a lot of hate PMs after I got really good with the Jade Rabbit while chasing after the RTK.   I remember getting reported on at least three times.

Edited by J.T.

Ugh... for some reason I lost track of time and now i have to go hard to get enough candy to buy this last mask and get the last pages of the lore book

Stupid everything

I have done practically nothing for the Halloween event. I only have two mask and the first half a dozen or so pages of the lore. Maybe I will go hard today. I just haven't felt a strong need play knowing there are 3 more months in the season and with me going through ME:LE.

That is pretty much where I am at - I am not really doing the daily/weekly stuff

I was basically doing all the daily bounties around the Halloween stuff and that was it.

I don't have much more to go - only need 3 more lore pages and like 1500 candies

So a few Haunted Sector runs along with some bounties should get me there.

I missed this in the TWIB originally but Bungie confirmed that November (well actually the next 5 weeks) will be "catch up" month and that outside of one Iron Banner - nothing new will be happening

Everything starts back up when the 30th Anniversary stuff becomes active

I am thinking it will either be the later or it will work completely differently (it would be kinda weird to be exactly the same since they added Truth and Eyes of Tomorrow)

I ended up doing nothing for Festival at the end. Kind of sad since I actually like the Haunted sectors. Just not a great time for a lax event like that with me.

No idea how Gally was before, but I'm thinking i will be different and/or more balanced like most returning exotics have been.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I ended up doing nothing for Festival at the end. Kind of sad since I actually like the Haunted sectors. Just not a great time for a lax event like that with me.

No idea how Gally was before, but I'm thinking i will be different and/or more balanced like most returning exotics have been.

D1 Gally was absurdly good.  If enough people on your Control team had one and all of you were smart about your shots, you could literally wipe the enemy team over and over again during the Everyone Go Grab Heavy part of the match.

It was also a good weapon to have for Atheon in the boss stage of VoG.

In terms of how it mechanically worked - it was like Eyes of Tomorrow is now (Rocket Launcher that fired multiple rounds that all tracked). The only difference was Gally had less rounds but did more damage per shot.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I see that the annual Nerf The Chaperone campaign is in full effect again.

Well folks need to keep themselves busy somehow during the month.

I didn't realize that last week was the 1 IB of the month. Hopped on Sunday night and fucked around enough to complete two of the bounties