DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

I don't expect the Budokan show to fully sell out and neither does NOAH. Renting the building this time around is for tradition, novelty purposes, NOAH got the money to spend considering they're money Puroresu now.

What would really help jump NOAH's business is either new national terrestrial tv deal or at least local tv in Tokyo. CyberAgent has the money for those options but I am not sure whenever they will get around to doing something as I just mentioned.

Edited by D.Z

Purolove

NOAH "DESTINATION 2021 ~BACK TO BUDOKAN~", 12.02.2021 (PPV)
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue vs. Kinya Okada & Daiki Inaba
2. Atsushi Kotoge, Junta Miyawaki & Yasutaka Yano vs. Hajime Ohara, YO-HEY & Kai Fujimura
3. Mohammed Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki  & Masato Tanaka 
4. Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba, NOSAWA Rongai, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kazunari Murakami & Kendo Kashinvs. Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke
5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA (c) vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Ikuto Hidaka
6. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Harada (c) vs. Seiki Yoshioka
7. NOAH GENERATION: Naomichi Marufuji & Jun Akiyama DDT vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
8. Double Main Event I - GHC National Title: Kenoh (c) vs. Masakatsu Funaki
9. Double Main Event II - GHC Heavyweight Title: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Keiji Muto

Also new NOAH logo debuts on that show.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 2

Hideki Suzuki is America bound.

The Budokan show will be cut into two on the same day. 4 matches for the first part, 5 for last. The show will be available on ppv with all the matches or just the last 5 on youtube for free. Also Legend commentary can be selected for PPV , could be Taue, Chono, Kawada or whoever. Unknown yet.

EtC6v_AU4AENyLX?format=jpg&name=small

EtDEYNBUwAAQMCK?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by D.Z

On 2/1/2021 at 12:09 AM, D.Z said:

3. Mohammed Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki  & Masato Tanaka 

Oh. Yes, please! Yone and Mochizuki punching and kicking each other should be Battleartsesque.

It's also nice to see my boy Harada fairly high up on the card in the Budokan. I'm sure Kotoge and Tadasuke are both pretty psyched to be wrestling in that building as well.

• Like 1

Go has mentioned 4 pillars style alot and going longer with main events like Kobashi would sometimes do in 90s AJPW. 

The new NOAH of now is expected to still carry on both AJPW 90's and Old NJPW. They mentioned several periods of NJPW and AJPW history on commentary or in interviews.

Edited by D.Z

Kobashi said Shuhei should do the half nelson suplex. He hasn't done it so far but who knows if he ever will.

Tenryu wants NOAH to end NJPW's solo run as top promotion. It's important to have two on top someday.

Masao is off the Budokan card due to Covid 19 and Junta is off the card too for surgery reasons(appendicitis related) No replacements for both named yet.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1