DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

22 hours ago, D.Z said:

50 percent chance Muto will win.  Anyway either Muto or Go however will drop the title to Kaito, the young trueborn ace. Eventually they will have to "Tanahashi" Kaito, keep pushing him until he is a draw with good matches. We don't need anymore start 'n stop pushes like the last decade.

I think it means more if Kiyamiya dethroned Go, whose gimmick is "I am Noah" but I think Muto is winning. I hope I am wrong. 

Weren't there ideas bandied about pre-COVID about a DDT/NOAH Cyberfight super show?

Staying in the ring and never leaving it and some submissions holds and strikes by Funaki, and keeping the match short and Royal Road build to the spots, lack of Irish Whips and Marufuji gets his NOAH based offense in as well throughout the match.

Similar to Jun Akiyama vs Masa Funaki.

• 2 weeks later...

From purolove

NOAH "NEW SUNRISE 2021", 04.01.2021
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
680 Fans

1. Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge, Junta Miyawaki & Yasutaka Yano besiegen Hajime Ohara, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka & Kai Fujimura (9:48) nach einem Diving Elbow Drop von Harada gegen Fujimura.
2. Yoshiki Inamura & Daiki Inaba besiegen Manabu Soya & Tadasuke (8:04) nach einem DDD von Inaba gegen Tadasuke.
3. Kazuyuki Fujita besiegt Masao Inoue (0:06) mit einem Front Necklock.
4. Shiro Koshinaka & Akitoshi Saito besiegen Mohammed Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi (8:35) nach einem Running Sickle of Death von Saito gegen Taniguchi.
5. Osamu Nishimura besiegt Kinya Okada (4:36) mit einem Ground Cobra Twist.
6. Haoh & Nioh besiegen HAYATA & Yuya Susumu  (7:44) nach einem Horizontal Cradle von Nioh gegen HAYATA.
7. Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba & Kazunari Murakami besiegen Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya (17:10) durch Referee Stop (Murakami besiegte Kenoh mit einem Sleeper Hold).
8. Yoshinari Ogawa besiegt Kotaro Suzuki (7:33) durch DQ.
9. Go Shiozaki, Hiroshi Hase & Kaito Kiyomiya besiegen Naomichi Marufuji, Keiji Muto & Masato Tanaka  (22:36) nach einer Moonsault Press von Shiozaki gegen Muto.

Anyway some notes:

Go pinned Muto, that's a big deal. Booking wise that could mean Muto is probably winning the GHC.

Masato Tanaka has joined M's Alliance.

The Masked guy with Nosawa was revealed to be Ikuto.

The Great Voyage branding comes back as two big shows this year. 

Weekly Pro Wrestling will cover the return to the Budokan with special book.

English commentary will be available for the Budokan show.

Marufuji wants to team up with Jun Akiyama at the Budokan show.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 2

From Purolove

NOAH "DESTINATION 2021 ~ BACK TO BUDOKAN ~", 02/12/2021
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

- GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title : Daisuke Harada (c) vs. Seiki Yoshioka
- NOAH GENERATION : Naomichi Marufuji & Jun Akiyama vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
- GHC Heavyweight Title : Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Keiji Muto

Probably expect Marufuji or Inamura to get pinned.

Card could be maybe from 8 to 11 matches.

Muto doesn't want to do the NOAH style or long match length. Also he believes in inflation of tech and not deflation of tech, as in your moves and simple moves are good enough without excess. He got that from Hogan in Japan. Still Muto wants to use new death technique like Tenryu did in the post split AJPW, but the 58 year old.

I expect Go to introduce a new move to counter this and still try to go longer length wise.

The main could be very much modified Shitenno Style vs modern Muto-ism. As with Muto matches don't expect much back n forth dueling strikes.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1