DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

CSC is deeply amused by the freak shows I have collected on my island

And I add another one tomorrow as my namesake - Phil - joins. He is an ostrich ?

I have an alligator named Del visiting the camp today but I didn't ask him to join because he is grumpy which is the same as Murphy and I already fucking hate Murphy

I demand to know how you started the game after me, and already had your KK concert. My island rating is horrible and I can't seem to get out of the 1 star ranking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I demand to know how you started the game after me, and already had your KK concert. My island rating is horrible and I can't seem to get out of the 1 star ranking.

A) I play it far too much

B) I am still not sure how I jumped from 2 to 3. I was at 1 stars because we didn't have enough people so I went hard on max capacity. That put me at 2.

Then Isabelle told me that I needed to decorate more. I literally put out like a bird bath and suddenly it was THREE STARS! (My only other real "decorations" was I made a playground type place since I got like three items from trees that fit the theme)

C) I should note that I did have a bunch of fencing out already since Mark had complained a bunch about having to add fencing so that might have sped up the process

On the flip side - I still don't have the fully upgraded Nook's Cranny since I barely ever buy anything. I only befriended the 2nd Able sister today and I have no idea where the 3rd one is. Oh and I still only have one fucking art piece

The third Abel sister is one of the rotating NPCs.

i know someone who had been grinding 3 stars and thought he had gotten to 4 but was actually 5.  I guess it all depends on the point values of your items. 

Edited by odessasteps

I have yet to get Label, Kicks or Flick on my own island yet (Kicks was on someone's island once when I went)

And I haven't had Gulliver on my island since the very first day

Of course, I have only been playing for two weeks

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Have you had the ghost? I had him 2 days in a row this week. 

Oh yeah - I have gotten Wisp like three times already.

Which is really funny because I almost never play at night

Morning update

turnips 124

i have Redd. I already bought my painting. 

gates are open. I will leave it open when I go to work but if there’s an issue, I can’t fix until late tonight. 

Oh thank God your Redd was selling two real paintings because I couldn't buy Girl With a Pearl Earring because you already bought it

Of course your Redd sells two real ones - mine never has any

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Got Octavian as my new villager, after passing on Olive and Cole.

Did Octavian say they came from somewhere because I could have sworn I met an Octavian when visiting someone's island

(I mean there could be 2)

Flick is on my island for the first time

I really need CJ again as my house is full of giant fish waiting for statues to be made

And my bells at 69 this AM. Insert childish snickering here

I've had the ghost several times already - as mentioned before, it gave me the first part of the wrestling ring. But now all it does is give me fucking wallpaper. I need the other pieces of the ring, damnit!

I gave Agnes a throwback skull radio last night, and in return she gave me a luchadore outfit, so that was cool.

I finally have a couple of friends where I crossed the threshold to wear they give me clothes in exchange for gifts (it had been just bells before)

I am now wondering if Wisp is where I got my piece of the wrestling ring too as I have one but no memory of have I acquired it

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did Octavian say they came from somewhere because I could have sworn I met an Octavian when visiting someone's island

(I mean there could be 2)

I found him on a mystery island. 

can I come visit Flick before 1030?

i have Gulliver today.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

can I come visit Flick before 1030?

i have Gulliver today.

Check in like 5-10 minutes and my gates will be open

I have a 10 AM meeting so I will just leave them open if anyone else is around and bored.

You can pick up one of the DIY recipes that Mark keeps trying to unload on me but I already have ? (I think we are up to 4 in a row)

Oh the game loves giving me dups too - like the only thing good I got recently where these stone lion-dogs

It than immediately gave me a 2nd copy of them

Well Mark and I just learned that you can't sell to Flick (Or CJ for that matter) on someone elses' island

So dont bother coming for Flick

Apparently you can sell to CJ during fishing tournaments