DVDVR Message Board

Raw is David vs Goliath - 1/21/2019

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Jamal said:

Glad to see some of that old Sasha swagger last night. She's so over Ronda, which has the champion frazzled, and I love it. Should make for a good match. 

This to me felt closest to NXT style Sasha. Main roster Sasha has always been too nice and has too many "aw shucks" moments. To me, the true essence of the Sasha Banks character is in those packages building up the Bayley feud where you could just feel the contempt and disdain this asshole had for Bayley DARING to feel like she belonged in the ring with her for even a minute, and was ready to kick her ass for even wasting the boss's time. Feels almost like as soon as Sasha told that massive 300.5 ounce Samoan, "Bitch, what line?" something clicked in her head in all the right ways.

And as much flack as Ronda's response(seriously, wipe her feet with your hair?)is getting, the style and delivery of the promo is what makes it work. She's so rattled she can barely form words. She's tried to be respectful to Sasha and in essence being told to go fuck herself. So after all this time trying to be nice and be respectful, she's done with all this shit and just wants to fight, as Ronda is not really a rational person and just wants to punch the things that make her mad in the face. So Sasha keeps rattling the cage.

• Like 5

On 1/22/2019 at 8:39 PM, MADCAP said:

Anyone else think that was a botched finish in the Lucha House Party match?

Oh it was definitely botched.

I mean one of the Singhs was always gonna get pinned but one of them was late making the save and since the refs are told to call it as a shoot... there ya go

I mean the other tells are Metalik A) never wins and B) never wins with that move

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

If Vince is going to do a bible story segment, each segment has to end with Shane McMahon stepping away from him a la the Vince challenges god to a fight bit.

Now with video!

Still remember the Triple H imitation.