DVDVR Message Board

[BEST OF] Early 50s Voting Stuff

RIPPA

Okay - I can't remember what I said the original 50s ballot deadline was (be it Oct 1 or Nov 1)

Since the board nonsense and the 90s getting backed up.

The Deadline at a minimum is Nov 1 now... that also might back up but I will have a better sense at the end of this month (basically where I am at in 90s results)

I have so much more to watch and October is going to be dedicated to horror stuff, so I'll beg for at least the month of November.

Considering I haven't done any 50s watching either (outside of knowing my Top 2 for right now) yeah... I don't think you have anything worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be upset if the deadline was something like January 15th, honestly.  There's lots still to watch and October is Halloween month around here, and I'm planning to watch a Christmas-related program for every day of December, then you have Christmas/New Year's.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow....ballot date fast approaching.

It's probably going to go back again due to the chaos of my life

Plus - since Jae was one of like 4 people I knew for sure was going to vote, I need him to return

I'm obviously here now, and can have something turned in by the current deadline. 

Then again, I do have some Westerns I should probably try to fit in so pushing it back isn't going to hurt my feelings either.

Okay - due to wrapping up of another school year and some crazy family stuff that I am sure I will tell y'all about eventually - I am moving the deadline for the final time to 

TUESDAY, MAY 27

That is the day after Memorial Day (assuming I'm reading the calendar correctly) - my life will be sorta settled and it gives everyone one last push... or incentive to start and at least get to 50.

No one send me their ballot yet because I think I am going to change the email I want it sent to.... and if it looks like only 6 people are going to vote I will probably change the process. But one thing at a time.

• 1 month later...

After MONTHS of In a Lonely Place being on "very long wait", I finally got it. So I'll be ready to rock and roll on this. 

I'm not looking forward to ranking 100 of them though. So much good stuff, and probably just as much that I didn't see.

As I said - the results for this one might end up being compiled differently because if I only get like 5 ballots then I have to do something different

Also - I have to create a new email address to send ballots to but that probably wont happen till this weekend

I thought I was going to struggle to get to 100 and have to throw in a few MST3K-type flicks like 'Killer Shrews' (Which I've only seen on MST3K) or 'The Giant Gila Monster' (which I WISH I had  watched on MST3K).  But last night I put together my preliminary list and went well over 100 without them.  Not I'm struggling to figure out which of my Top 10 movies aren't Top 10 movies, since I have 16.

For my money, the 50s is the best decade in the history of cinema. I could go 200 deep easily and keep watching films for the rest of the year, so I'm happy to stop. There's plenty of stuff I haven't seen yet and a handful of films I wish I'd re-watched, but I was able to knock off a massive amount of stuff and branch out in several new directions, so I've thoroughly enjoyed this project.

Sadly, I don't see this continuing into the 40s and earlier, but it was a great excuse to have a singular focus in what I watched.

• Like 1