DVDVR Message Board

NJPW WrestleKingdom 12 in Tokyo Dome 1/4/2018

Raziel

Not as fun as last year's but Kakihara coming out to the UWF theme was fantastic. I had no idea he had cancer so him beating it and being able to go in the ring is beautiful, as was his dedication to Takayama. 

They were running videos before the rumble, but I get your point.

Man, Tanaka looked like he got the worst of the two on the stereo dives but it was Komatsu coming out of it hurt. Diving anywhere but where the ramp meets the ringside is fucking crazy.

I caved into the NJPWorld hype. Given that I just woke up, I said fuck it, I'll watch some excellent wrestling instead of just sitting here.

Roppongi 3K are actually pretty impressive, color me impressed.

tenor.gif?itemid=7547491

MOTY! MOTY! MOTY!

Stupendous job by all four guys and what a way to really kick off the show. Roppongi can chase now. They don't need to be super human especially when the crowd doesn't connect with them yet.

edit: no buffering on my end yet and I have both english and japanese streams going so I can switch to the latter when the big matches start.

• Like 1

I'm starting to get some serious buffering issues, even on the low quality setting (which fixed the buffering issues on high quality setting for a good 10 minutes). I wonder if it's their server issues from new subscribers, or something on my end.

What?? Bucks win? I don't know about that - I like the Bucks, but Roppongi 3K could have went a little longer with the titles surely.

Zack Sabre is the fucking man. If you have time, check out his work from the G1. This isn't the same guy that was in the CWC (though I liked him there).

Iizuka's transformation from super bland, lazy-eyed, technically good midcarder to broken down, bald crazy fuck who does nothing but shitty brawls with awesome gimmicks is so weird. Like I didn't recognize him when I first saw him like this. Completely different.

I'll take your word for it and look through their archive of the G1 for some ZSJ matches. He really annoyed me in the Cruiserweight Classic, so if you say that's not the same guy in New Japan, I believe you.

It's fucking criminal that Ishii and Zack don't have singles matches (they are awesome against each other too!). Wait, Juice too should be in a singles or 2v2 type match after his progression.

And yeah, Iizuka uses the iron claw from HELL~! It's the only good thing about him other than the Hansen/Brody gimmick of scaring the audience during his entrance.