DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I'm reveling in the glorious afterglow of a year with no Patriots victory at the Super Bowl.  I'm bummed that my division didn't get the duke but an unhappy Tom Brady makes me happy.

I played D2 until the second quarter when it dawned on me that the Eagles might win the game.  Here's what happened.

• Still no Quickfang do over drop from Banshee-44's parts for items swap, but I finally got my 305 Uriel's Gift PvP facemelter.  I am now seriously thinking about knocking out that 2 Quickplays of Competitive Crucible milestone this afternoon.  Thank you, Heroic Strikes playlist.
  • I tried to solo the 300 LL Heroic Mission on Mercury for the Infinity Plus One milestone, but that shit was hella hard and the last part was timed. It felt like a Nightfall only it didn't send you back to start when you died and I died a lot.  I'll definitely need some help to beat it..
  • I switched gears and haunted Nessus to grind out the last bit of progress I needed for the Drang weapon quest.  I finally hit the jackpot during the Ether Resupply PE on Nessus and killed a swarm of yellow bar Bomber Shanks to push the Kill 10 Powerful Fallen Enemies progress to 100%.   Now I have to assemble a fireteam for a Strike.   The LL for the Strike is only 145, so I could probably solo it if I am allowed to.
  • I unlocked the Challenge Accepted achievement (Complete 30 Challenges) while piddling around waiting for Nessus PEs to pop up.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can solo it and you don’t have to complete it. The servitor you have to kill is like 3/4 of the way through.

thats how I did it

With my luck I will destroy the servitor and it won't count because I forgot to use Drang for the killshot.

I hope that the Dragon's Shadow exotic armor for Hunters that dropped for me yesterday on Nessus turns out to be garbage. 

Otherwise the next IB will be full of pain and frustration for me as my OCD compels me to struggle to get as many of those samurai inspired IB armor pieces as I can to complete the jade green Destiny Ronin Hunter look to use with The Dragon's Shadow chest piece..

I am also annoyed that Tess has the ornament for the Dragon's Shadow for sale last week and I had enough Bright Dust to buy it but I was like, "That exotic would never drop for me.."

So, first order of business after I get home and eat dinner is to get this Servitor dead and then I will go an humiliate myself in two Competitive Crucible quickplays.

• I actually finished the Strike rather than quit out after destroying Kendricks-7.  Now I am armed with two quality precision German pistols!  Sturm and Drang are nice compliments to my Gunslinger in PvE (I hit the Heroic Strike Playlist to test them out) so I am going to keep them, but I am not sure how their weapon synergy will translate to PvP. 
  • Another day of fail in the Please Give Quickfang Back To Me effort.
  • Reset should be this afternoon, so I will end up sinking yet another day into PvE getting the Flashpoint done.  Watch me get a hand cannon like Better Devils or The Old Fashioned out of my Powerful Engram that my OCD will force me to keep rather than infuse into Sturm.
  • If I don't spend all afternoon doing the Flashpoint, I'll knock out those two Competitive Crucible matches if I don't get hemmed up watching kung fu movies on El Rey.  FLAG OF IRON COMES ON AT 4PM~!!!

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I must admit - I am enjoying seeing you suffer for your I CAN ONLY KEEP TWO WEAPONS EVER! DESTROY EVERYTHING!!! policy

I enjoy watching everyone else suffer while trying to keep every single piece of gear that they own infused above 320, including the shit they have hoarded in their Vault.. 

That is the fool's errand that keeps people playing this game longer than they should.

I may play through kung fu movie marathon day on El Rey this afternoon, but I will probably tap out around 9PM or 10PM tomorrow night to watch the season premiere of Channel Zero on Syfy.

RNG does not hate me, but it's not exactly giving me what I really want, either

• Both of the Powerful Engrams I got yesterday turned into Exotic Weapons!
  • The Powerful Engram I got from the Io Flashpoint milestone became the Prometheus Lens.  That may see some use in the future or I may use it to infuse Coldheart.
  • The Powerful Engram I got from the Heroic Strikes milestone turned into the Tractor Cannon.  It may also see some use in the future, or I may use it to infuse the Hawthorne shotty that I really really want for PvP.
  • The TC sure doesn't look like any shotgun I've ever seen or used.
  • I think I am up to twelve Exotic items now.
  • I also got a few more pieces of the Took Offense armor.  I just need to collect the helmet for a full set and I need two more armor ornaments (arms and chest, I think).  I am kinda partial to my current mismatch armor set with the Monochromatic shaders since it kinda compliments my face paint, but it would also be cool to go around looking like a Vanguard battle commander.
  • In the end, I think that "armor with ornaments" will win, so I need to start collecting and installing mods for that armor set since Bungie is dumb and you cannot reclaim mods from anything that you shard or infuse.
  • I completed some quest for Sloane on Titan because I barely do anything for Sloane and bend over backwards to help Failsafe on Nessus.  The methane reactor is online and the Rat King quest seems to be activated now.
  • Still no Quickfang Do Over, but I'm beginning to cobble together a decent supply of Legendary Shards.
  • One of my TACOM friends is starting to play again, so I think that I may tackle the Nightfall with her and her new boo when / if they get online tonight.
  • Ooooooo.  The Vanguard Magnus Gloss shader makes my Nameless Midnight scout rifle look sooo shiny!!
  • Failing that, I think I will finally dive into Shack's Call To Arms and get two fucking quickplays done in the Competitive Crucible playlist and then tackle whatever Shaxx has in store for me next in this ordeal.

I wouldn't shred Prometheus Lens just yet.

It is supposed to get patched in one of the updates (I don't think it was the last one but I could be wrong) so if it hasn't been patched yet, you might like it more afterwards

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and Tractor Cannon is the dirt worst

It dropped as a 320-something so it makes me happy that it will serve as decent infusion fodder for the Hawthorne shotty I want.  I'm debating whether or not to give the shotty to my Titan or keep it for my Hunter.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I saw you on last night but you weren't playing (I figured you were eating or something)

I blew through Flashpoint and then decided to watch Smackdown.

I was online for a bit knocking out the Flashpoint and then I had to help my dad get into the shower and I had to keep a close eye on him until he finished getting washed up... 

I didn't get back online until late, so I did the 3 Heroic Strikes and called it for the night.  We drew The Inverted Spire for our last strike and the struggle was fucking real.

This week, Tess is selling a skin / weapon ornament for MIDA that gives it a Ghille rifle wrap. 

Somewhere, some Hunter wearing the Wildwood / Dead End Cure armor set with EDZ shaders is shrieking with joy like a school girl.

If anyone is online feel free to hit me up especially if you intend to make a run at the Nightfall, but I will be tapping out tonight around 10PM to watch Channel Zero on Syfy and get my shit together for work tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

What's the point of Ikora's meditations?   Is that where you can replay Red War story missions in Heroic mode?

Basically - and the tokens you get you can cash in with Ikora - either to get an engram or to buy stuff from her.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Basically - and the tokens you get you can cash in with Ikora - either to get an engram or to buy stuff from her.

Bwah.  Trying to cross Infinity Plus One milestone is turning me into an alcoholic and I hate doing things for Brother Vance. I still haven't beaten that 300 LL mission version of that Osiris mission yet.

I am not sure I want to put myself through that shit with an NPC that I actually like.  Ikora is my homegirl.

The gear that drops from Ikora for completing her meditations and cashing in tokens is a legendary version of the armour set you start off Destiny 2 in. So if you liked the look of that gear do the meditations, if you don't want it there's not much point in doing them.

The Tractor Cannon is fun but not really a viable, useful weapon. Unless you just want to mess about with it, or are a collector, shard it. Prometheus Lens was broken and was the most fun I've had in the Crucible for the weekend it was over powered. Bungie then nurfed it into the ground until they could come up with a balanced way to use the gun. It was addressed in the last patch but i haven't tried it yet.

I'm hoping this is the week i finally get a max light character. RNG is really screwing me over. My Warlock and Hunter have both been one piece of gear short of 335 for 3 or 4 weeks now and my Titan is catching up only needing 2 pieces. Come on RNG....

On the flip side of RNG, i think i got the last droppable exotic i was missing from Xurs engram over the weekend. I'll have to check properly but i think the only one i am missing is the raid exotic.

• Competitive Crucible wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I think I like it better than Casual Crucible.
  • I lost my first match.  Played Survival and did pretty good (1.57 K/D) but we had two shit guys on our team that the members of the other team killed over and over and over again and then that left me and the #1 killer on our team to either bleed out the other team or die where we stood.  We managed to win one game because the other guy and I had our Supers ready, but ultimately our side went down 1-6.  I actually enjoyed myself despite the loss.
  • My friend Jacob logged on and we fucking dominated Countdown and that was my first win in Destiny 2 Crucible.  Finally a Crucible mode that rewards teamwork and tactics.  I finished with a very respectable 8.0 K/D, one critical disarm (I was also the Last Man Standing), and our team won the match six games to nil.  There were too many lone wolves in the other unit so Jacob and I would either team kill solo enemy players or set the bomb and ambush any defenders coming to disarm it.  I think I like this game mode better than old school Control.
  • Shortly after Jacob and I got done in the Crucible, our home girl, Badwolf (a Doctor Who reference) logged on and we decided to press our luck and make a run at the Nightfall.  I am not sure which version of the Nightfall I hate more:  old school die and repeat version or the new school waste twenty minutes of your live over and over again version. 
  • We failed the first time (the fucking Root Mind's Void Lance will kill you dead in fractions of a second), but second time was a charm.  PROMETHEUS LENS FTW~!!!  ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED~!! Seems like the key to beating Nightfalls is to run through most of the action to give yourself enough time to die dozens of times in the boss fight.  Kinda suicidal since you tend to respawn in an area covered down by live enemies if you die on the move.
  • We finished with about three minutes to spare.  You have to finish with five to seven minutes to spare if you're working on the Rat King.  Hmmmm.
  • Silver Lining:  An Exotic Engram dropped for me and it turned into Crimson.  That was my FIFTEENTH EXOTIC~!!!  ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED~!!  Now to clear out some Vault space and research which of these Exotics I can live without.  I'm definitely keeping Prometheus Lens, Coldheart, Sunshot, Hard Light, Crimson, and the Graviton Lance.
  • I swapped out to my Took Offense armor set since I have several armor pieces that are 310 LL or above.  Now I need to work on my weapon load-out.  I converted my Nameless Midnight to a Masterwork Weapon (It is 309) and my Uriel's Gift also got a bump up to 309.  I sharded my sword and equipped the 316 Main Ingredient fusion rifle that I got from the Nightfall.
  • It took so long to beat the Nightfall that I missed the debut of Channel Zero.  I'll watch it when I get to the 'rents crib after work and then I think I will dive into PvP and work on Shaxx's Call to Action or I may piddle around on Earth or Io since I think I've got leftover quests to do.
  • I also still need to beat this Infinity Plus One bullshit.
  • The Quickfang Do Over quest continues.

I don't know how you haven't gotten Infinity Plus One done yet.

I did it on my first try - I mean I didn't do it in the timer but I completed it and that unlocked everything for me

I mean it was hard and annoying as shit but I still finished it solo

And I am jealous of you being that far along in the Rat King quest (granted that is part of the reason I never really made it a point to find a fireteam since I knew I would never do the Nightfall with more than 5 minutes remaining)

I wonder how they are going to handle Rat King after the change the timer mechanic in Season 3

And if you shred MIDA - you are a fool

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And I am jealous of you being that far along in the Rat King quest (granted that is part of the reason I never really made it a point to find a fireteam since I knew I would never do the Nightfall with more than 5 minutes remaining)

I wonder how they are going to handle Rat King after the change the timer mechanic in Season 3

And if you shred MIDA - you are a fool

Don't be jealous.  I haven't even started grinding Rat King progress yet. 

I did some YouTube research and saw that the last step is to beat a Nightfall with time to spare with a Fireteam with the Rat King quest active.  If I am going to finish a Nightfall with that much time to spare, I've got to get better with clock management.

Most likely I will end up posting on Bungie or something and look for a group of players to form a dedicated Rat King fireteam so that we can all work on the quest at the same time.  If you've got the quest active, then let's start looking for a third.  We might get lucky and have a miracle Nightfall.

As for MIDA, I am a Hunter main, man.  We love scout rifles.  I just burned cores to MW my Nameless Midnight because it is my badass go to weapon whether it be PvE or PvP.

There is no way I would shred MIDA if I had it, especially since it also has a PIMP titanium weapon ornamentation skin.

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know how you haven't gotten Infinity Plus One done yet.

I did it on my first try - I mean I didn't do it in the timer but I completed it and that unlocked everything for me

I mean it was hard and annoying as shit but I still finished it solo

In some cases, my OCD is far worse than yours.  If I am going to tackle that mission, I'd like to finish before time expires.