DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Since Survival isn’t governed by light level I’m fine

All I care about is acquisition - if I have to use something else so be it.

I’m just happy I don’t have to run double HC anymore

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since Survival isn’t governed by light level I’m fine

All I care about is acquisition - if I have to use something else so be it.

I’m just happy I don’t have to run double HC anymore

Bah.  If you go through the trouble of trying to get your hands on an old school pinnacle weapon, you should be allowed to use it everywhere including Trials and the IB.

But yeah, now you get to run Revoker and Lunas or Chaperone and Lunas like most douchebags do in Survival that are chasing Not Forgotten.  Chaperone will probably be the preferred meta next season since snipers across the board are getting nerfed and slug throwers will survive the shotty nerf.

Edited by J.T.

Well obviously I am still chasing Not Forgotten

500 Kills... Jesus... at least it just have to be kills and not fucking head shots

And if reaching Legend isn't retroactive for this fucking quest, I will murder

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well obviously I am still chasing Not Forgotten

500 Kills... Jesus... at least it just have to be kills and not fucking head shots

And if reaching Legend isn't retroactive for this fucking quest, I will murder

It is retroactive.  Matter of fact, if you were to somehow hit Legend Glory and subsequently lose an assload of matches that dropped you back to Fabled or worse, you'd still complete the Triumph and get your Not Forgotten as long as (duh!) you got your 500 kills in Survival before the end of the season.

TL/DR:  You don't have to maintain Legend Glory during the Not Forgotten chase.

So once you hit Legend, keep playing Survival to get your kills in EVEN IF YOU START LOSING MATCHES~!

Edited by J.T.

God, there's nothing quite like a D2 trailer to sell you on participating in something you'll live to regret.

Zavala looks totally badass standing there with the Fourth Horseman.  As for the other exotics, I have no idea what that LMG or that auto-rifle is.  I guess we'll find out in the next TWAB or something.

I cannot let Destiny Waifu #4 Ana Bray down, so I guess I am in at least for story mode and to grab them exotics for my Collections...

I hope they remember that you can clearly see The Almighty when you are on Mercury.  It would be kinda dumb for us to blow this fucking thing up and still be able to see The Almighty in the sky after we complete the campaign mode so one of the files in the 480325924349 gigs we download next Tuesday had better be for cleaning up the Mercury vista after the job's done..

Edited by J.T.

[sarcasm] And yeah, arming the Ancient Warmind totally won't fucking backfire, will it?  [/sarcasm]

The prospect of a kinetic impactor of that size hitting the Last City is so dire that even Zavala has reversed course on his opinions on the whole Warmind thing.

It is so Cabal for the Cabal to aim the Almighty directly at the city.  It's so fucking big that any hit on earth is a guaranteed extinction event and everything on earth will die, but the Cabal wants to make sure that everyone in the Last City gets it first.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Azteccross's breakdown of the SoW trailer along with the season preview now available at Bungie.net..  

The new Exotic auto-rifle is called Tommy's Matchbook.  My guess is that it will be a Solar Energy Weapon. 

The seasonal weapons are an SMG and a Shotgun which may be IKELOS themed.  

The seasonal armor is very USSR influenced.  The Hunter armor is not particularly horrid looking, so I think I will survive.

That legendary auto rifle with the AK looking banana clip is looking kinda sexy!

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Mara, Petra...... Alright who is the third?

1. Mara Sov because I am dumb and am fond of crazy women.

2. Exo Stranger / Eva Bray because why not / who cares if she's an Exo?

3. Petra because she's awesome and the woman that does Kasumi's voice from Mass Effect also voices Petra..

4. Ana Bray because she's trouble and I have a thing for women with short hair

5. Ikora because see the above thing about women with short hair and also she intimidates me.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Legendary Lost Caverns is so going to be the new farming method

I just hope they are actually new areas and not the same old. I still don't get the point of Grandmaster Nightfalls.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I just hope they are actually new areas and not the same old. I still don't get the point of Grandmaster Nightfalls.

The high level players are begging for more "difficult" content and it is easier to reskin already existing stuff than create all new things.

So yeah - I am expecting it to be the Lost Caverns we already know just with more difficult enemies (A little bit like Spider's rotating bounties like Blood Cleaver)

Grandmaster Nightfalls are stupid.  The only way to ratchet up the difficulty in those is to boost LL requirements and pile on the stips.  That's the same formula that has been failing in Anthem since launch.  I'm sorry but Chasm of Screams is NOT fun and I have feeling that is how Grandmaster Nightfalls are going to turn out.

Better to go the way of Pit of Heresy / Shattered Throne and engineer more scenarios that are more than just a strike, but not quite a full blown raid either.  If every planet had it's own dungeon with a respectable LL difficulty level and lots of mazes and shit, I think the PvE high lights would shut the fuck up for once.

Even so, the whole point of doing shit like that is for the gear.  They don't really want high difficulty content per se; they want more ways of getting high level loot.  They want a more efficient way of getting to the hard light cap and leveling up their seasonal artifact without having to play against other people.

The hardcore high LL PvE crowd makes me ill anyway.  Please let us shoot at game enemies and figure out puzzles since we suck at Gambit and the Crucible..  Bah.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I’m excited for more Ana Bray

I’m not excited for when they kill her off at the end of the quest line

I'll be sad to see her go, but if it puts and end to shitty Mars Flashpoints....

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think I've ever purchased the Additional Bounties but I did notice that Banshee-44 only had ONE daily bounty after reset.  When I left the Tower and came back, the issue was resolved.

I knocked out the 100K Ordeal Nightfall, Heroic Lighthouse (RIP Inotam), and Pit of Heresy yesterday.  I've only got the Master Nightmare Hunt left to do as far as Pinnacle Gear activities I'm interested in doing goes.

Pinnacle Gear and Prime Engrams are dropping for me at 970, but Powerful Gear and Exotics are 968.  I've got a bit more grinding to do before I hit the hard light cap.

Edited by J.T.

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'll be sad to see her go, but if it puts and end to shitty Mars Flashpoints....

I would rather they knock off Brother Vance

And Osiris if I am honest

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eh, you could make a better argument for Ana Bray getting killed off under the Cayde-6 Rule since that' doesn't sound like Jamie Chung's voice coming out of her mouth.

Lance Reddick, however, doesn't seem to ever turn down a paycheck.

With our luck, Ana will be promoted to the Hunter patron of the Vanguard after this storyline and replace Cayde-6, even though that job really belongs to Shiro-4..

Edited by J.T.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

The hardcore high LL PvE crowd makes me ill anyway.  Please let us shoot at game enemies and figure out puzzles since we suck at Gambit and the Crucible..  Bah.

Are they really that bad? I don't exactly wander Bungie's boards or reddit outside of matchmaking. Usually if I hear about noise making its seems to be about the high level PvP crowd. Where is Datto in these crowds? I'm kind of curious since I know he has a hatred of Gambit that amuses me.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I actually like Osiris and would be disappointed to see him go. Vance's death would be celebrated too much. Its why they never will do it.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh, you could make a better argument for Ana Bray getting killed off under the Cayde-6 Rule since that' doesn't sound like Jamie Chung's voice coming out of her mouth.

Lance Reddick, however, doesn't seem to ever turn down a paycheck.

With our luck, Ana will be promoted to the Hunter patron of the Vanguard after this storyline and replace Cayde-6, even though that job really belongs to Shiro-4..

I assumed Jaime Chung not being the easiest to get is why they haven't used Ana too much. Its disappointing since I like her. She  seems like a natural to take over for Cayde seeing that she has a similar brazen attitude to get shit done.

Who is Shiro-4? I didn't play near as much D1 so I'm guessing his big moments were in that?

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Who is Shiro-4? I didn't play near as much D1 so I'm guessing his big moments were in that?

He was introduced in Rise of Iron - so ironically I never saw him either.

I believe he acted as the quest giver/vendor.

He is an exo hunter who was one of Cayde's closest allies

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Are they really that bad? I don't exactly wander Bungie's boards or reddit outside of matchmaking. Usually if I hear about noise making its seems to be about the high level PvP crowd. Where is Datto in these crowds? I'm kind of curious since I know he has a hatred of Gambit that amuses me.

Datto falls into the PvE camp since he only plays Crucible for the titles and new weapons. Well... except now for addition of Trials. That was pretty much the only PvP the folks JT is talking about play.

Of course - JT is old and grumpy and projecting a lot too ?

Most of the known streamers/content providers are PvE guys since they do all the activities in the game.

You can find people who play nothing but PvP

• Like 1