DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Datto is an anomaly because he's not too shabby at PvP despite being a professed PvE guy and he also has dudes like CammyCakes who are PvP maestros that can help him get to the Lighthouse without too many issues.  You can get away with shit like that when you are a YouTube celeb who has hours to devote to getting better and grinding light. 

The rest of us get by as best we can.

Yes, I am grumpy and projecting.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Are they really that bad? 

Yes, they are really that bad, but not nearly as awful as the THIS WEAPON KILLS ME IN PVP TOO OFTEN NERF IT~! crew that fucks things up for everyone.  

I now have three Master Nightmare Hunt time trials under my belt.  Got the one done for Ghaul last night.  Also got a win in Comp with a 9.0 ER and clutched Match Point as Last Guardian Standing.  I always forget to record the matches where I play really well. 

The only negative thing about that match was that I was focused so much on the win that I didn't get as many HC kills as I would've liked to, but the other team ran a lot of shottys so my unit used our snipers and scouts to exploit our distinct range advantage.  For once, I was on the team that knew what they were doing.

The Rangefinder / Zen Moment / Accurized Rounds roll on my Black Scorpion is evil in PvP.  I highly recommend getting that roll before the season ends while the Tower Obelisk is still active and you can just grind Timestop Weapon bounties with your bonus fractaline.

I also played well in a Control match, but the Central American death squad I had for a team made it look like I was sandbagging.  I had 20 Ks / 5 caps / 2.50 ER and I was still only the fifth best killer on the team.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I also played well in a Control match, but the Central American death squad I had for a team made it look like I was sandbagging.  I had 20 Ks / 5 caps / 2.50 ER and I was still only the fifth best killer on the team.

I thought that was an amusing overstatement until I read that last part. I truly pity the poor bastards who faced your team.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think I now have 3 God roll Trophy Hunters.

I have one decent roll but not the Tactical Mag / Triple Tap / Vorpal Weapon roll with Boss Spec mod that I want to use as my Whisper lite.

RNG usually hates me so I don't expect to get this roll before I completely run out of crystal thingies.

It's taken me like four seasons to finally get the Night Watch curated roll that I don't care about now that I have a god roll Patron and an RTK.  I'm definitely not hurting for battle tested scout rifles.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I thought that was an amusing overstatement until I read that last part. I truly pity the poor bastards who faced your team.

It was one of those weird matches where the score was still close despite us clearly out maneuvering the other side because the axe murderers on my team would not stop to cap a flag, so there were long stretches where the other team kept pace with us simply because they had a 2-1 zone advantage.

If my team had kept Zone Advantage or gotten a Power Play, we probably would've won by Mercy Rule and if we'd have been a shitty team, we'd probably have lost by Mercy Rule.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Who is Shiro-4? 

What Rippa said.  

rosa-lee-shiro-closeup.jpg?1474652806

If they're not going to bring him to D2, they could at least give his Lucky Raspberry armor skin as a Universal Ornament set for Hunters.

I am also a sucker for Hunter Cloaks with Jedi hoods.

I also wish that they'd convert the PS exclusive armor sets into ornaments.   They're fucking worthless protection wise since all of the pieces have a zero in the Recovery or Resilience stat.  You'd never use them as practical running around armor, but they still have a unique look to them that isn't entirely ugly.

They should probably do that for the EP armor too, but then Bungie would put all of those ornaments up for sale at Eververse and charge Silver for them.

I keep forgetting that this is Bungie we're talking about and not CDPR.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Oh, and Arms Dealer is the Ordeal for this week.  Do your best to get into some 980 shard grinding teams if you've got nothing better to do.  I was on a 100K team beat Bracus in under fifteen minutes the other day, so you can put quite a few Ascendant Shards in your pocket in an hour.

Not to mention the Exotics you could use as infusion fodder.

Edited by J.T.

The Revelry will be replaced with the Guardian Games this year.  No word if the broken purple drank will return, but I have a set of Shinobu's Vow in my Vault just in case.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's taken me like four seasons to finally get the Night Watch curated roll that I don't care about now that I have a god roll Patron and an RTK.  I'm definitely not hurting for battle tested scout rifles.

I got a great Night Watch roll that I had been using so much this season only to get a similar Patron roll and RTK. Now poor Night Watch rarely gets used despite having such a ridiculously fast reload on it.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I also wish that they'd convert the PS exclusive armor sets into ornaments.   They're fucking worthless protection wise since all of the pieces have a zero in the Recovery or Resilience stat.  You'd never use them as practical running around armor, but they still have a unique look to them that isn't entirely ugly.

They should probably do that for the EP armor too, but then Bungie would put all of those ornaments up for sale at Eververse and charge Silver for them.

This is what i want for so much of the old armor. Its worthless as world drops so why not make them ornaments. I also want them to make the old ornaments for Crucible, IB, and factions universal.

Liking some of the changes I'm hearing for gear next season. Sounds like some of the weekly power rewards may end up becoming pinnacle rewards. Also looks like Prime engrams and exotic engram will lean towards higher stats for gear. The current world pool for armor was only giving us 3 sets. The faction gear being added increases that to 11. I'm curious if armor from specific activities will have potential for higher stats as well. I kind of gave up on Black Armory, EP, & Menagerie because the armor from them was kind of worthless compared to what you could find from say IB or lucky exotic drops

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Liking some of the changes I'm hearing for gear next season. Sounds like some of the weekly power rewards may end up becoming pinnacle rewards. Also looks like Prime engrams and exotic engram will lean towards higher stats for gear.

Yeah, there are not enough Pinnacle Gear outlets to help you hit the hard light cap.  This is good news for dirty casuals, but Bungie isn't doing it just for them. 

They want maximum participation in Trials and folks are freaking out over Power Enablement, so Bungie is going to ease up on the Power Grind so that Trials doesn't fail.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

.I'm curious if armor from specific activities will have potential for higher stats as well. I kind of gave up on Black Armory, EP, & Menagerie because the armor from them was kind of worthless compared to what you could find from say IB or lucky exotic drops

The armor sets that you get from the Menagerie and Black Armory aren't entirely worthless since they have been converted to 2.0.  The Opulent set you can craft via the Chalice has Leviathan special mod slots like Levi raid armor for when you're running any of the Leviathan raids (Including Crown of Sorrow) or Menagerie.

I don't think the Black Armory set has any special mod slots.  I wish you could at least put Seasonal mods on it, but it's pretty much shard bait or infusion fodder like Prodigal and Red Moon armor.

Those armor sets aren't like the Vendor armor and weapons which are still 1.0.  I'd like to see 1.0 armor converted into ornaments but I have no idea what effect it would have on the database and the last thing this barely stable game needs is something to break it.  

It has also occurred to me that this bullshit with stagnant gun meta might be solved simply by converting all of the old weapons in the game to 2.0 to give us more variety without having to come up with brand new guns every season to further pollute the database..

I have no idea how that would affect gameplay, but I'd definitely rock the Telemachus and the Kibou from Warmind if they were converted into 2.0

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Full things announced

- the aforementioned adding pinnacle weapons to Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit weeklies (which goes with them saying they wanted to make the core game more meaningful). However this won't happen until the mid-season update.

- Soft cap going to 1000. Hard cap will be 1010

Gear drops from nearly all sources will continue to be upgrades until 950 Power, and powerful reward sources will not be required to progress to 950. We’re looking to present an element of gear progression available each Season, as well as prepare underlying systems for future updates like the forthcoming one for Legendary weapons mentioned by Luke Smith in the Director’s Cut ‘Weapons Forever’ section.

- They are looking into fixing what they call "slot imbalance". Basically to try and make it so you don't get like three straight chest plates as pinnacle drops.

- The first week of Trials will have artifact power counting (as they can't get the patch out in time). Just a FYI that you might want to skip the first weekend. (If planning on playing)

I am even gonna try to recap the exotic changes except to say RIP One Eyed Mask

Oh and I should mention that Bungie has insisted a work from home policy for the next 2 weeks due to the Coronavirus (Bungie HQ is in Seattle which is probably the most impacted US city right now)

They don't anticipate it causing any problems with the launch of Season of the Worthy but did do a "Hey - FYI. Things might get screwy"

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, there are not enough Pinnacle Gear outlets to help you hit the hard light cap.  This is good news for dirty casuals, but Bungie isn't doing it just for them. 

They want maximum participation in Trials and folks are freaking out over Power Enablement, so Bungie is going to ease up on the Power Grind so that Trials doesn't fail.

Oh I figured as much. Its likely more for the hardcores that they know will be doing Trials. it just happens to also benefit casuals and those in between as well.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The armor sets that you get from the Menagerie and Black Armory aren't entirely worthless since they have been converted to 2.0.  The Opulent set you can craft via the Chalice has Leviathan special mod slots like Levi raid armor for when you're running any of the Leviathan raids (Including Crown of Sorrow) or Menagerie.

I haven't done the Leviathan raid outside of bits necessary for quests. 

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Those armor sets aren't like the Vendor armor and weapons which are still 1.0.  I'd like to see 1.0 armor converted into ornaments but I have no idea what effect it would have on the database and the last thing this barely stable game needs is something to break it.  

I thought vendor armor was supposed to be converted to 2.0 already. Its just shitty in terms of stats. Honestly just turning them into ornaments would be for the best.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

It has also occurred to me that this bullshit with stagnant gun meta might be solved simply by converting all of the old weapons in the game to 2.0 to give us more variety without having to come up with brand new guns every season to further pollute the database..

They partially did that this season since some of the time lost weapons were refurbished ones from Curse of Osiris. They are doing it with the faction rally weapons as well. I think new guns just for the sake of newness will always happen though they could definitely lessen that by reworking more of the older ones each season.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Soft cap going to 1000. Hard cap will be 1010

Jesus, why?  There was nothing wrong with a 970 hard cap.  There isn't an abundance of 1000+'s running around to justify a 30 point increase.

Dev team: We’re raising the ‘cap’ for gear drops 40 points—powerful gear will now drop up to 1000, with pinnacle drops going up to 1010. The soft cap has also been effectively raised 50 points. Gear drops from nearly all sources will continue to be upgrades until 950 Power, and powerful reward sources will not be required to progress to 950. We’re looking to present an element of gear progression available each Season, as well as prepare underlying systems for future updates like the forthcoming one for Legendary weapons mentioned by Luke Smith in the Director’s Cut ‘Weapons Forever’ section.

So basically - it is going to be "harder" to get there since you basically need pinnacles post 950.

It isn't the typical increase

Spent longer than I wanted to this weekend working to a Infamy reset.

I would be damned if I lost my progress when I was at Legend already. It allowed me to whittle away at some of the outstanding Triumphs I had. Like I finally ran as a Bubble Titan so I could get the "Block a large number of damage" Triumph. I think I need one more piece of Lore in the Drifter Lore book.

If I get to play tonight it will be just to do a couple of Crucible matches to finish this reset (again I am in Legend). Not as concerned about this one since I can do Valor resets in my sleep.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:27 PM, RIPPA said:

So basically - it is going to be "harder" to get there since you basically need pinnacles post 950.

It isn't the typical increase

it won't be harder for the hardcore players that have the time to devote to the game and it wouldn't be Bungie if they didn't find ways to keep the grind going.

I'm okay with the decision as long as it doesn't fuck with the current recommended light caps.  Master level should remain 980.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I get to play tonight it will be just to do a couple of Crucible matches to finish this reset (again I am in Legend). Not as concerned about this one since I can do Valor resets in my sleep.

If I'm on today, I'll just be paying Crucible to get HC kills.  I'm a little over 60% in the Luna's quest now, but my teams dropped two matches in a row.  Was not happy.

I shoulda played more, but I had to watch the Big South Championship finals since Hampton was in it (...we fucking lost..) and then Lakers / Clippers was on @ 3:30 EDT.

I also got an Infamy rollover yesterday and my Gambit Prime teams played okay for the most part.  I was up to a 7 match win streak stemming from last week, but then I got stuck with some noobs in blue that didn't have the first clue about mote strategy.  I did manage to get a Bastion kill and drained like 16 motes, so I only need shotty / fusion rifle kills for my Triumphant Invader dealie.

I also got stuck with morons while trying to run the Reckoning.  It got to the point where I didn't even bother to drop raid banners because I didn't want to waste them on failed Bridge of Folly runs. 

I was on a team with a Warlock that refused to run Well on Solar Singe week.  The shit was that bad.

Edited by J.T.

I also spent a lot of time - for no good reason - trying to get the last Sleeper Node I am missing.

So that meant I ended up doing like 3 more complete EP clears. I am never ever going to get another IKELOS weapon

Anyway - I finally figured out which node exactly I am missing and am using the strategies to up my chances of getting it but the RNG continues to fucking hate me.

Since I also knocked out two more catalysts (Eriana's Vow and Graviton Lance) this weekend

Yeah - I officially have hit "doing busy work" status with the game.

Really need to stop being lazy and switch either the disc in the machine or the Ethernet cable to console

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since I also knocked out two more catalysts (Eriana's Vow and Graviton Lance) this weekend

Yeah - I officially have hit "doing busy work" status with the game.

Just in time for the new season to start tomorrow...

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also spent a lot of time - for no good reason - trying to get the last Sleeper Node I am missing.

At first I thought you were confusing the Sleeper Stimulant nodes with the Transponder Nodes from the Outbreak quest, but then I read further and saw you mention EPs.

You're just now finishing the Sleeper Stimulant?

Edited by J.T.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just in time for the new season to start tomorrow...

Part of me really feels like there isn't gonna be a lot to hold my attention.

Most likely the only time I will do Trials is if you grab me because you need a third

I will do the Seraph Towers probably as much as I've done the last two seasonal activities. Which is - enough to do the weekly.

Guardian Games (and the major patch update) aren't until Mid-April so that is more than enough time to dedicate my focus to something else

Obviously - Iron Banner weeks will get my attention enough and I do want to make sure I focus on Glory from the jump to see if I can get a Legend done.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I will do the Seraph Towers probably as much as I've done the last two seasonal activities. Which is - enough to do the weekly.

Guardian Games (and the major patch update) aren't until Mid-April so that is more than enough time to dedicate my focus to something else

Obviously - Iron Banner weeks will get my attention enough and I do want to make sure I focus on Glory from the jump to see if I can get a Legend done.

I'm interested in Seraph Towers and Guardian Games, but I'm still going to grind the artifact as much as I can since the power bonus WILL count in the IB.  

The fact that they raised the hard light cap to a new value just as I was beginning to reach the old one still makes me angry.

I may try my hand at Trials, but I know I'm not nearly sweaty enough or care enough about micro-analyzing any new PvP meta to get to the Lighthouse. 

Grandmaster Nightfalls can bite my ass.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Grandmaster Nightfalls can bite my ass.

I don't even do Master Nightfalls so I am not even thinking about Grandmaster.

Plus - they aren't even being introduced till the midseason patch.

I guess part of me is thinking that this is going to be another "smaller" season as they are setting us up for the "big" chances that will be Season 12 (I am figuring Season 11 will also be "small" and that the start of a new Year in the Fall will be the next major update to the game - especially since they have hinted about changing up how the Seasons/Annual Pass work)