DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead Comics Thread

Newb82

Anyone else reading the comics? What did y'all think of #112? I LOVED it, and it looks like shit is hitting the fan and Kirkman is finally going to be finishing the Negan angle.

I really can't wait to see Negan on the TV show. He's been a much more formitable "big bad" than The Governor, IMO.

Anyone else reading the comics? What did y'all think of #112? I LOVED it, and it looks like shit is hitting the fan and Kirkman is finally going to be finishing the Negan angle.I really can't wait to see Negan on the TV show. He's been a much more formitable "big bad" than The Governor, IMO.

I'm curious to see how they tweak the Negan character for television if and when they write him into the show. By the time they get to his character, I can only hope that "fuck" will be an acceptable word on cable haha

Does anyone have either of the Walking Dead Compendiums? I got the first issue of the comic for free on an iPhone app and really liked it, was just curious as to whether the compendiums are presented as essentially one long story, or are broken up in to individual issues.

I really don't like the Negan angle at all.  It just feels like the same ol' shit.  I guess the tiger LARP guy is kind of cool?  I'm still reading out of habit, but the comic has been off the rails for years now.  I'd really like for a big shift in the status quo, and by that I don't mean killing off characters, but a completely new type of setting.  Put them at sea, or throw in a character that's figured out how to control the zombies, bring in a surviving foreign military, let the zombie virus adapt to infect animals, just anything to really switch up the book.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was dead wrong about the Negan storyline ending soon. Looks like we're in for 13 more issues, but a faster release schedule, since in the letter hacks column they say the 12 issue war between all the Saviors & everyone else will all be put out between October & next April.

This latest issue was atrocious and pointless, so I'm not sure why they're dragging the story out unless they're out of ideas and need more filler like this. 

I thought I'd finally quit reading, but Project Runway is back on the air and I need something whiskey-friendly to do while the lady is glued in front of Lifetime.

It's all setup for the war, and to establish a possible weak point for the Saviors when it gets going (that they have to empty an outpost when they do their supply runs), plus try to establish Rick & Andrea as a close relationship, probably to make it worse when she dies.

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked issue #114 that came out today. Sets up nicely for the ALL OUT WAR arc. According to the letters column,the WAR issues are going to be released: 1 in October, 2 in November, 1 in December, then 2 every month from January through April until it's done. I'm looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So it looks like Kirkman decided he wasn't getting enough hate mail, and decided to troll the religious right in the most recent issue (122).

The character nicknamed "Jesus" is revealed to be gay. That his real name is Paul is icing on the cake.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have either of the Walking Dead Compendiums? I got the first issue of the comic for free on an iPhone app and really liked it, was just curious as to whether the compendiums are presented as essentially one long story, or are broken up in to individual issues.

They are both one long story. No breaks for issues,no covers reprinted. But worth it for the price. I got each for around $30.

• 4 weeks later...

Just read the newest issue which finally ends the ALL OUT WAR/Negan storyline and...Kirkman is taking a HUGE risk with the way it ended.

Not giving the readers the satisfaction of a violent, bloody death for Negan could be a recipe for disaster. I get what he's going for, but...

Just read the newest issue which finally ends the ALL OUT WAR/Negan storyline and...Kirkman is taking a HUGE risk with the way it ended.

Not giving the readers the satisfaction of a violent, bloody death for Negan could be a recipe for disaster. I get what he's going for, but...

To me it just means

he loves writing the Negan character and doesn't want to get rid of him. And Negan will probably get an inside person to help him breakout of jail and he will kill someone very soon to show Rick the error in his judgment, maybe Andrea or someone important will eat it.