DVDVR Message Board

Collecting and Selling Sports (and Wrestling!) Cards

Kevin Wilson

Man I forgot about finding information on cards was so hard.  So I got a Naomi 2015 Chrome Divas Kiss card.  No autograph.  It is has a red border which I know what has Red refractor set which only has 5 of them but I can't find any information on whether it was done for all inserts as well.   

I put it up on ebay so either I am seriously overcharging for it or some people is going to make a killing.  Hopefully I can make enough to get another box of cards

Bought a couple packs of Undisputed last week on a whim, mostly to see what they were like, rather than dropping for a whole box. Nothing too exciting, just a Cena and Kofi auto. One thing that pissed me off is that in the two packs, pulled from the same box, I got 2 Rocky Johnson cards. You only have 10 packs in a box, doubles should not happen.

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Man I forgot about finding information on cards was so hard.  So I got a Naomi 2015 Chrome Divas Kiss card.  No autograph.  It is has a red border which I know what has Red refractor set which only has 5 of them but I can't find any information on whether it was done for all inserts as well.   

I put it up on ebay so either I am seriously overcharging for it or some people is going to make a killing.  Hopefully I can make enough to get another box of cards

I use Cardboard Connection, it has the best details for sets. Its not perfect, generally if I can't find the detail I want I just do a search on Ebay for more information, it looks like most if not all of the inserts had the red border refractor so I think you're good calling it that. Your price is probably fair, what will hurt it is that Naomi isn't really a hot wrestler right now so you'll just have to hope the right person comes along, but its rare enough you should get some interest.

10 hours ago, elizium said:

Bought a couple packs of Undisputed last week on a whim, mostly to see what they were like, rather than dropping for a whole box. Nothing too exciting, just a Cena and Kofi auto. One thing that pissed me off is that in the two packs, pulled from the same box, I got 2 Rocky Johnson cards. You only have 10 packs in a box, doubles should not happen.

I can pretty much confirm that it is 100% random, they made no effort to make the packs in each box different. I got three John Cena autographs in one box one time, the odds of that happening are mind-bending, clearly they didn't try to mix things up. For better or worse.

Unrelated, but I just found and purchased this:

pFAADmu.jpg

I have been looking for a Bull Nakano signed card for years. Needless to say, I am excited. This was her last signed card, as she hasn't signed any since having her retirement show. It was also way underpriced, just as an extra bonus.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Even though I asked for lots of cards for Christmas, I got exactly one "box." The box was 2016 NFL Prime Signatures, but the box was only one pack. The pack was guaranteed to have an autograph, so the hope is to get a quality autograph as the boxes are about $40.

Well my autograph was shit, player I hadn't heard of and I follow football closely. But I was saved by the printing plate, which is worth more than the box. Here are the cards I pulled:

Spoiler

Zq7Jp3c.jpg

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Driskel transferred from Florida.

The $225 you just won you can buy lots of boxes.

Have they said when 2017 WWE Undisputed will come out?

They typically just announce them one at a time, the Topps NXT Box just came out a few weeks ago and I think the WM set is being released on February 1st (unless that was just a placeholder date). I wish they wouldn't have so many in one year as some of the non-current wrestlers got repetitive, but I guess they'll do whatever makes them money. Anyway it won't come out until after the WM card set if its like last year so probably early summer.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did something... unique. Companies like Panini and Leaf sometimes give away/sell special packs at conventions, parties, or for other special reasons that are never sold retail. Some are for breakers, some are for holidays, all kinds of reasons. Anyway, I purchased a set of 25 various packs for about $100, and I got an odd variety of cards:

Spoiler

EWsBvvv.jpg

DDzwWMW.jpg

Quite the assortment. As far as value goes, the Booker is likely worth the most since its a low serial jersey rookie, sells for around $25 I'd guess. Beyond that, what you see are a bunch of cards worth between $5 and $15, so I got a bunch of little hits but no big hits. More importantly, they were a lot of fun to open since I had l literally no idea what I would get, I mean I got two pylon cards, two jersey cards, an autograph card, three cards numbered less than 10, just a fun variety.

So have been getting into collecting WWE cards and finally got a box of 2015 Undisputed.  here are some of my good pulls.   First thing I learned is that I need thicker top loaders for these cards or use some of my screw top cases.   The Iron Sheik one cracks me up because he started printed and then went into cursive.  The Titus O Neil is one of those black /50 serial number cards but one of the lower level guys so not as prized as I thought

I will try to sell some of my /50 and /99 no autographs on Ebay but given my history on everything else I doubt they will get much.  

Spoiler

vsMFgPw.jpg

18 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

So I did something... unique. Companies like Panini and Leaf sometimes give away/sell special packs at conventions, parties, or for other special reasons that are never sold retail. Some are for breakers, some are for holidays, all kinds of reasons. Anyway, I purchased a set of 25 various packs for about $100, and I got an odd variety of cards:

Hide contents

EWsBvvv.jpg

DDzwWMW.jpg

Quite the assortment. As far as value goes, the Booker is likely worth the most since its a low serial jersey rookie, sells for around $25 I'd guess. Beyond that, what you see are a bunch of cards worth between $5 and $15, so I got a bunch of little hits but no big hits. More importantly, they were a lot of fun to open since I had l literally no idea what I would get, I mean I got two pylon cards, two jersey cards, an autograph card, three cards numbered less than 10, just a fun variety.

Dansby Swanson is a great pull he is red hot in the parts around here.

A $20 Box at Walmart of 2016 Topps WWE Divas Revolution is a really hot item at the moment every box has a shirt, mat, kiss card or Auto. You can buy the box at Walmart for $21 with tax and flip it on Ebay if you don't want to open it for $33 or more because you won't find them last I checked for less than $30. I still have 1 box I didn't open I might get another one (If I can find one locally) and open both or sell them myself.

• 1 month later...

Got another box of 2015 WWE Undisputed and hopefully hit the jackpot as I got a Sting Cyan Printing Plate card. Only 1 exists in the set.   Don't think I have ever pulled a card that rare before.  Looking at ebay these printing plates haven't done well but most of them weren't Undisputed one.  

Spoiler

s-l500.jpg

53 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Got another box of 2015 WWE Undisputed and hopefully hit the jackpot as I got a Sting Cyan Printing Plate card. Only 1 exists in the set.   Don't think I have ever pulled a card that rare before.  Looking at ebay these printing plates haven't done well but most of them weren't Undisputed one.  

Reveal hidden contents

s-l500.jpg

Printing Plates are their own weird category, since there is one for each color. They definitely have value but not as much as a "true" 1/1 does. Sting should be one of the better selling wrestlers from that set, I'd say its worth between $75 and $100. What is great about printing plates is in WWE Undisputed if I recall they don't usually count as the "hit," its more a bonus than anything else.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

Reveal hidden contents

EWsBvvv.jpg

DDzwWMW.jpg

Hold off a couple of years, that Kershaw will likely increase in value, and if Dansby Swanson is half the player he seems to be, that one will make you some money as well.

I love that Kershaw card, the photo is obviously from a game he reached base in from all the dirt on his uni.  Pretty awesome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite card set each year is BBM True Heart 2017. Partly because I am a Joshi fan, and partly because I think the autographs are among the best available. First of all, they are all on-card autographs, which I prefer over stickers. Secondly, it isn't uncommon for them to draw a picture, and minimally they actually sign their full name and not just initials like some WWE wrestlers do.

A box retails in Japan for around $70, each box has 20 packs with six or seven total autographs. Here were my autographs from the first box I opened:

Spoiler

C4rsP6wWIAIc07E.jpg

Hikaru Shida and Syuri are my favorite tag team, so having their dual signed card is great. And Emi Sakura always draws a little picture on her autographs which is a nice touch. A great set of cards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I purchased five packs of Stardom Card Collection 2017 (well I purchased 20 packs but they only sent five, they are mailing me the rest this week). They don't guarantee an autograph in each pack, but I got six autographs in the five packs:

Spoiler

EMAZ6wY.jpg

I already sold the Toni Storm and Kairi Hojo for $20 and $30 respectively, so I've already covered the cost of the packs. But they are all on-card, the Kairi signature on the dual autograph is weak but otherwise everything is perfect. I wish they'd say "one autograph per pack" as I'd mind less spending about $8 a pack, but still a good deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More Stardom cards. I think I uh purchased all of them since they don't have them for sale anymore on their shop.

Spoiler

nfNJxhZ.jpg

Having wrestlers like Zoe Lucas and Christi Jaynes sign is interesting. Both are really young/new and could fizzle out, but if they go on to have decent careers these could turn into really valuable and rare cards down the road.

• 4 weeks later...