DVDVR Message Board

NFL Game Pass thoughts?

Mike Campbell

I'm considering getting the NFL Game Pass service for this season, and am just wondering if anyone here uses (or has used) it, and can tell me if I should go for it or stay away from it. Being a Bears fan in Central NY, I'm not getting too many chances to watch them live this season. And being able to at least listen to the audio live seems to be better than staring at my phone or computer and waiting for the app/website to update.

Game Pass can be expensive.  

I honestly just use RedZone for those weeks when I'm not at a bar watching - or my team's not playing the Giants/Jets.  CNY may not have many options outside of Buffalo Wild Wings though, but Red Zone is usually enough for me. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Game Pass can be expensive.  

I honestly just use RedZone for those weeks when I'm not at a bar watching - or my team's not playing the Giants/Jets.  CNY may not have many options outside of Buffalo Wild Wings though, but Red Zone is usually enough for me. 

I thought it was $100 for the whole season?

My buddy has Red Zone, and he loves it, but I'm not fond of it. I mainly just want to be able to follow my Bears games, as well as Packers games so that I can root against them.

The Bears radio broadcasts are not available online for free? I know that I can listen to any Jets games for free using the ESPN New York website. I'd check for free audio before spending 100 bucks for access.

I had it last year and felt like I totally got my monies worth.  Games get put up pretty quickly after they ended for the night games and right when they became available for all the Sunday games.  It's a slick interface where once you hide the scores once they will stay hidden forever if you're looking for avoiding the games until you're able to watch it.

The only thing I wish it had was a Roku app, but just hooking my laptop up to the tv to watch worked just fine.  

Plus you can also stream every game from the 2009 season onward up until the beginning of the following season, so you can watch the NFC Championship game as many times as you want to try to forget the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The only thing I wish it had was a Roku app, but just hooking my laptop up to the tv to watch worked just fine.

I have the NFL Roku app, and when browsing through games to watch highlights, it gives the option to watch the full game with GamePass, so I would think that it's compatible. The wife told me to just go ahead and get it and it'll be considered my father's day gift. So I'll probably jump on it in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to relive Thanksgiving, without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack during that final Packers drive!

• 1 month later...