DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The Mayor made a new buddy last night.

We were killing pretty much anything we came across and everyone was fleeing like we were Godzilla (for some reason) when one of us kills this one dude. He jams it into passive and proceeds to follow us (mostly Melraz) around for the better part of an hour, holding down the horn on whatever vehicle he was in. The mayor wanted some peace, so he ran in his garage. Dude kept buzzing and buzzing the garage until he got let in. So he immediately left and started buzzing the garage again.

This got a bit old, so we left. Dude starts sending messages talking about how now maybe we won't try to blow up people in Freemode anymore. Lesson learned. We won't kill people in Freemode until we're on again, promise.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jstout said:

The Mayor made a new buddy last night.

We were killing pretty much anything we came across and everyone was fleeing like we were Godzilla (for some reason) when one of us kills this one dude. He jams it into passive and proceeds to follow us (mostly Melraz) around for the better part of an hour, holding down the horn on whatever vehicle he was in. The mayor wanted some peace, so he ran in his garage. Dude kept buzzing and buzzing the garage until he got let in. So he immediately left and started buzzing the garage again.

This got a bit old, so we left. Dude starts sending messages talking about how now maybe we won't try to blow up people in Freemode anymore. Lesson learned. We won't kill people in Freemode until we're on again, promise.

The electorate has been awful pissy the last week.  Last time I was on we both somehow rediscovered the ability to hit shit with the heavy sniper, so we were destroying the competition.  For some reason, the mayor kept getting all the whiny texts.  I didn't get a one.

• Like 2

I was left out of this party, too. I had to hear about it second-hand.

We played pretty well last night, but I think it was more the case of everybody getting around us not being to handle it. I thought we'd got in too deep with a motorcycle crew of four at one point, but they found somewhere else to be quick. We'd engage someone, they'd run off or quit or go into passive or all three. Wasn't your typical nighttime room. I get on this afternoon, though, and all I wanna do is sell some drugs and everybody is up in my shit screwing with me.

Holy dalmin hell that little bastard ass was a bitch! I bet he told his mommy on us. But yeah my attitude toward dot smashing has changed all due to a queef coming from a vagina hole for a solid hour. It actually was quite obnioxus. I'll stomp his horn lovin ass again though if the chance is given. 

• Like 3

I swear some of the folks you run into in this game are the weirdest bunch of fuckers.  

Got on for a few minutes this morning to try to stir up shit.  Nobody would fight back after I shot em, they'd just take off.  I saw 3 by the downtown pay n spray and figured I give em a go.  First one had a date with allah.  The other two were on the roof, or at least the pink dot was.  Got a couple rounds into him before he ran for cover.  His cover wasn't good enough though, because I got him with an RPG. 

Got up in the elevated parking lot just north of there to look for the other one.  Couldn't find him, but saw pink dot coming up towards the ramp.  Left him a proximity mine present and went back to looking for the other guy.  Then I noticed pink dot was in passive and running right up on me.  I jumped back down to the street since I figured he was trying to spot me for the other guy.  Pink dot came out of passive so I figured I'd have a go at him.  Ran up and found he'd jumped back to the street and gone passive again.

I just got in cover this time and waited for him to come out.  He just ran around in circles for a few minutes then jumped over another wall, managing to kill himself again.  He stayed in passive.  Looked him up expecting him to be a level 8.  Turns out he's a 354, he just plays like an 8.  He finally got up on the pay n spray roof, came out of passive, and immediately ate the Mary Lou/combat MG combo for his trouble.  

I figured the hell with all this  I gotta go in a minute, and I ain't got time to wait for this clown to go passive again, so I grabbed a car to sell and took off.  Then the texts start.  Run little bissh.  Nice armor pssy.  That kind of stuff.  He might still be texting me for all I know.  Sent him a nice text about passive mode and fucked off to go clean the back porch.

• Like 3

And just like I figured, an hour later he was still messaging me on xbox live.  Whining about camping (I was in an alley the first time I shot him off a roof.  Then he use passive to get on an even higher roof before the second time I shot him) and all kinds of other crap.  

I can only remember one other time where I got this much bitching headed my way for so few kills.  Last time was the night we fought around Humane Labs till the sun had damn near come up, and there was one guy that spent almost the entire time in passive.  

I was in a room that eventually became me and two other dudes, and I'm thinking that it's time to sell some drugs, right? Well, as I'm heading to the coke plant, one of the dudes bombs me out of my shoes with a Buzzard. I'm thinking "well, if this is what you want," so we start scrapping. It's a tight contest, but I have a slight advantage.

We get to the point where I'm behind a building and I refuse to poke my head out and let him get a shot at me with that fast sniper. He's not moving forward so I can shoot him with a machine gun. It's a standoff. This goes on for minutes. Eventually, he starts creeping toward me, and ... my game locks up and it kicks me back to the XBox Live home page. Dammit! I don't care to have to reload the game, but I'm positive dude was going "huh huh, he left, he's afraid of me." I hated to give him the satisfaction.

• Like 1

Why didn't he just RPG the corner you were behind? If you can aim a sniper + zoom in tight, you can send an RPG to the exact same spot through the simple mechanism of not moving your aim while switching weapons.

I kept waiting for him to, and he never did. That's why I didn't want to try the same thing - didn't want to give him the idea. I considered it. It was a welcome break from assholes constantly launching RPGs at me because I'm way too big on staying in cover.

Seems like every time I get in that situation it's a race to see which of us can get the RPG on target first.  I'm getting better at it, but I've had my ass handed to me that way plenty of times. 

Dots today were terrible.  Got at least 150 kills for maybe 20-25 deaths.  Worst was me vs. 6 guys down at the pier.  They got one kill.  Wasn't skill on my part, they were just that bad.

I am disappointed in all of you. 

All of the jokes we told when comparing the gubernatorial election in GTA5 and the actual presidential election and no one here congratulated Jock Cranley for winning the state house.

gta5-campaign-600x330.jpg

• Like 1

So, I betcha it was the game screwing up, but is there anyone in the crew playing online on XBox One with the gamertag Nice Meme Kid?

Game said dude was in the crew, but I didn't recognize anyone on his friends list. Meant to message him but had to go AFK and he left shortly thereafter.

29 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He could be the XB equivalent of VolkHan0 on PS3. Ax could probably answer better than I, since he's still on last gen and I've been on PS4 for a year. He's in the crew but I was never able to find out who he was. 

Volk? He would at least speak to you, I think he said three words to me in like 18 months. And he seemed to stop playing when you did the gen jump - I thought he'd gone up when you did.

Achieved one of my GTA lifetime goals last night.  Was up in one of the airport parking garages and spotted a dot trying to take cover behind that line of tanker trailers by the jump everybody uses to get into the airport.  One RPG later, there was a bigass explosion and no more dot.  Always wanted to get somebody that way.

Wish ol' two hobos woulda stuck around.  He was fun.  Juan, not so much.  Something Guzman after it was down to me and Stout was really not run at all.  The rockets.  I see rockets when I close my eyes now.

Anyway, I ought to be on later if little man sleeps.

• Like 3

I had the privilege of watching that explosion through the crosshairs. I hear "i hope this works" i decide to ease off the trigger and watch. Glad i did. 

That dumb bastard 2hobo was a dalm blast as long as he wasnt ghosted to us. He sure did want on your yacht. Im glad the lalala allah akbar jet ski worked on his ass. 

• Like 3

That Guzman guy was brutal. Best player I've ran into in months. I wanted to leave long before his buddy showed up, and his buddy didn't help things.

Funny story: after Robert left I threw it in passive so I could sell a car and go to bed. I leave the pay and spray and the room's just me and Guzman's little buddy. Dude proceeds to add me as a friend, message me "hi" over the XBox and invite me to a party. He then sent another message asking if I spoke Spanish. I left.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AxB said:

Volk? He would at least speak to you, I think he said three words to me in like 18 months. And he seemed to stop playing when you did the gen jump - I thought he'd gone up when you did.

He still played on PS3 up until a few months ago, when he suddenly hadn't signed on in a decent amount of time and I deleted him (sorry Volk). He had mentioned getting an XB, so, for all I know, he could be there now.