DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Got rid of the Dinka Thrust in favor of the more traditional looking Shitzu PCJ 600.  Wasn't really feeling the look of the Thrust.

PCJ 600 isn't the fastest bike, but it is good enough to drive around during missions.

I'm definitely going to sell Sultan at some point but not sure if I am going to invest in a Jester or mod a Sanchez. 

Right now I am leaning towards the Sanchez since we've done so many dirt bike races lately, but I am sad because I don't think you can extensively mod the Sanchez that has the livery and I'd like to have my lucky Atomic Tires bike in my garage.

I bought the Double T and Thrust at same time and def prefer the former.

I had an Akuma and a Bati 800RR.  The Akuma is faster off of the line and accelerates more rapidly in the straights, but it doesn't corner nearly as well as the 800RR IMO and I prefer handling to speed in a motorcycle race.

The Thrust is a touring cycle. It isn't as fast as a Double-T or an 800RR.

Happy birthday, RUkered. Next motorcycle ride's on me.

Mis, sorry I didn't step on last night, I was in no mood to wrestle with other players/the cops. I was just trying to get my free Xbox Live Gold game downloading so I could go to bed. Saints Row the Third - it's from 2011, so it'll look like a PlayStation 2 game, but I really enjoyed the fourth one and all the reviews said "it's not as good as the third." Plus the price is right.

Anyhoo, I reached a real breaking point with the game last night - I've been racing a lot, and it has its ups and downs. .I was racing my favorite jumpy course, was so excited to be racing it with nearly a full room. I think there were 14 of us. 

Anyhoo, there's shenanigans at the start and I'm in 13th going into the first turn of the race. The guy in 14th PITs me coming out of the first turn to take over 13th. Now I'll PIT a random late in the race if it means the difference between me winning and losing, but to go from 14th to 13th? I know this is a game that practically encourages you to be a dick to everyone you see constantly, but jeez.

Nothing is any fun anymore because of the dicks. Can't race because of the dicks. Can't shoot people in Freemode because some dick's got a tank.

I dont need sonethibg good of the line, since id rather let everyone crash in front of me on the first turn. :)

That only seems to happen if traffic is turned off and we're allowed to focus on the course and competing with each other.  

I usually do much better in races if traffic is turned on because you guys are forced to focus on an additional factor..

Nothing is any fun anymore because of the dicks. Can't race because of the dicks. Can't shoot people in Freemode because some dick's got a tank.

Yeah, we had to take the nuclear option last week and break out the Iron Legion because some asshole brought a tank into the mix.

I dont need sonethibg good of the line, since id rather let everyone crash in front of me on the first turn. :)

I do tweet while waiting for the race to begin and have been caught off guard.

Hmmm.  There is a joke here somewhere, but this damn SQL issue prevents me from coming up with it in a timely maner.

Ambled across this yesterday. 

1. Don't ask me what this data means. It's pretty self-explanatory. Apparently, whoever put together this table actually somehow got values from the game itself to put it together.

2. It's confusing as hell because it's not grouped into class or even whether it's an actual vehicle or not - notice the Lazer jet is the 14th best "vehicle" in the game. Even what's "best" is subjective - notice how high it has the Akuma ranked, then notice the HYOOOGE gap between the Akuma and Bati 801 in handling. Of course, we knew this, but here it is in numbers. This gives a great idea of how much handling you trade off for speed. 

Anyway, fun stuff.

http://bit.ly/1n4ncsB

Happy birthday, RUkered. Next motorcycle ride's on me.

Mis, sorry I didn't step on last night, I was in no mood to wrestle with other players/the cops. I was just trying to get my free Xbox Live Gold game downloading so I could go to bed. Saints Row the Third - it's from 2011, so it'll look like a PlayStation 2 game, but I really enjoyed the fourth one and all the reviews said "it's not as good as the third." Plus the price is right.

Anyhoo, I reached a real breaking point with the game last night - I've been racing a lot, and it has its ups and downs. .I was racing my favorite jumpy course, was so excited to be racing it with nearly a full room. I think there were 14 of us. 

Anyhoo, there's shenanigans at the start and I'm in 13th going into the first turn of the race. The guy in 14th PITs me coming out of the first turn to take over 13th. Now I'll PIT a random late in the race if it means the difference between me winning and losing, but to go from 14th to 13th? I know this is a game that practically encourages you to be a dick to everyone you see constantly, but jeez.

Rockstar is really missing on some simple stuff they could do to make the game better.  Freemode would be far more fun without the tanks.  There's any number of simple ways the situation could be improved:

- remove the damned things from freemode, and make them only available in missions

- disable them in some servers, and give you the option to only go to rooms where they are disabled

- make it so that you can only call a tank every so often - 1 game day, 1 real day, something like that

I'm sure there are other ways that would work as well, and some of them have got to be easy to implement.  I find it hard to believe that they haven't got enough feedback to realize that 95% of people hate tanks, and that the 5% that like them are assholes.

Of course, the DM matchmaking still bugs me 10000000% more than the tanks.  Trying to find a normal mode DM with regular weapons is a damn near impossible task.  You either get a team match, a stupid user created melee match, or one of the new variants of the $1000000 + $$$ + RP matches.  New variants of the last one have popped up, like some kind of mutated virus.  They mostly have things like $100000 and Boost in the names, and they're from the same dude as before.

Has anybody been getting some REALLY wonky game physics after the last update?  I tried to take cover behind a wall a couple days ago, and the game teleported me 20 feet past the end of the wall, but still pretended I was in cover.  Then last night I was going down a small flight of stairs near Grove St and got launched into the air maybe 50 feet.  Lost most of my health from that, which wasn't good for the firefight I was in.

• Like 1

I think they are reticent to take tanks out of the equation since tanks and APC's have been around in GTA since the very first incarnation on PC.

I don't think the problem is tanks so much as it is with the money glitches that allowed everyone to own one. 

Rockstar wants you to be able to buy a tank, but they want you to own one on their term:  grind missions for GTA$ or buy a cash card with real money.

I personally would've used APCs instead of tanks as the default player armored vehicle.  Something almost as menacing and far less durable.

And now that everyone pre-money glitch has one, it puts pressure on those who came around post-money glitch to get one, too. KACHING!

I hate R* cash card conspiracy theories, but this one has merit when it comes to why the tank stays so powerful in the game - notice how quick they shut down the "sniping people out of a tank" thing? If tanks aren't worth having, no one would buy them.

I think they are reticent to take tanks out of the equation since tanks and APC's have been around in GTA since the very first incarnation on PC.

I don't think the problem is tanks so much as it is with the money glitches that allowed everyone to own one. 

Rockstar wants you to be able to buy a tank, but they want you to own one on their term:  grind missions for GTA$ or buy a cash card with real money.

I personally would've used APCs instead of tanks as the default player armored vehicle.  Something almost as menacing and far less durable.

That's another easy way to do it - make the things less impregnable.  Make RPG rounds more effective on them, or make it somewhat easier to snipe the driver.  Really anything that doesn't equate the tank to virtual god mode.

And now that everyone pre-money glitch has one, it puts pressure on those who came around post-money glitch to get one, too. KACHING!

I hate R* cash card conspiracy theories, but this one has merit when it comes to why the tank stays so powerful in the game - notice how quick they shut down the "sniping people out of a tank" thing? If tanks aren't worth having, no one would buy them.

Yep, it is an arms race, man.

That's another easy way to do it - make the things less impregnable.  Make RPG rounds more effective on them, or make it somewhat easier to snipe the driver.  Really anything that doesn't equate the tank to virtual god mode.

I agree.  Rhinos are ridiculously unbalancing, but Rockstar wants you to buy one and they want you to be nigh invulnurable in one. 

They made it harder to hit the driver with a sniper rifle and they have never allowed Lazers or Buzzards to get missle tone on them.

I personally would've left them out of free mode. 

I don't undestand how you are able to own a tank or a gunship or a heavy duty cargo prop plane, but you can't own a cargobob.

Best sniper shot I've made was tonight.  Did the roll under fire and sniped sulkys46.  Hey Robert, after you left, it started spawning armored cars left and right. Sulky and his boyfriend rolled up on me on the third one I got right as I blew the doors and I was able to sticky the personal vehicle to get both of them.  He shotgunned me off his spawn, but when I spawned back in I was able to shoot rpg's into his boyfriend's stolen ride and then him as he tried to snipe me down the street.  After that they fucked off again and headed back up north.  Ill give him his due, he could handle that sniper rifle, maybe a little too good.

Yeah, I told you that guy could shoot.  He and I ran off the rest of the server before you got in, while taking out each other as well.  He got more freemode kills on me than anybody I've ever run into.

I did manage to get two ignition bomb kills, so I'm up to 23 I think.  I've given up on being subtle and now just drive right at people after I fit the bomb.  Everybody seems to fall for it.  One guy made the mistake of parking his personal vehicle right next to it before getting in.

Closing in on platinum for the RPG as well.  Had 4 guys in a police van roll up on me after my first ignition bomb kill.  RPG sorted that out nicely.  The only weapon I'm a long way off from platinum is grenades.  I still haven't hit gold for that yet.  I always use sticky bombs instead.

I rarely use explosives in free mode other than RPGs or a Grenade Launcher.. 

I always forget that I have normal grenades and sticky bombs.  I'd rather just use my firearms.

I love the sticky bombs.  So many hilarious kills with those.  melraz with the sticky bomb on the tanker truck.  Watching Rippa climb a sheet metal fence directly above the sticky I had placed there.  I'll sometimes go through my entire supply twice in a long freemode session.  One important rule of GTA I've learned - Mary Lou can't dodge a sticky bomb.

I have two recorded Sticky Bomb kills on other players. 

I was sniped coming out of Ammunation by some guy and noticed that one of his crew mates came to pick him up.  They drove to LSC and I put two sticky bombs at the two entrances to the garage.  When they came out, I blew them both up. 

I killed Andrew once during a deathmatch at the Observatory when I had wired the stairs leading up to the roof, but something was bugged and the kill did not count.

One day I will get a successful grenade kill.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. And Nate - you'll be happy to know that between both mom and dad, they've posted 3-4 different birthday related things in an effort to spread the word so people will start blowing up my page. Dammit.

Saints Row the Third - it's from 2011, so it'll look like a PlayStation 2 game, but I really enjoyed the fourth one and all the reviews said "it's not as good as the third." Plus the price is right.

You should enjoy it man. Nate and I spent many a night on Playstation wearing that game out and raising hell in a jet while blasting Return of the Mack on the in-game radio.

Yes - I even got his I-only-listen-to-Johnny-Cash ass singing Return of the Mack. We'll have to bust that out one night in GTA. Nothing beats Nate hitting the backup.

"YA LIEEEED TO MEEEE"
"BUT I DOOOO, BUT I DOOO DOOO DOOO"

Edit: Screw it - Return of the Mack for everybody.

• Like 2