DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Okay - upon further review it seems that the actual High Life update isn't up yet but there was clearly an update to prepare for it.

I went in and looked at all the packs and there is no High Life yet

Oh well - was hoping I would download before work

So umm....

"Attacking other people and causing damage to property will cause your Mental State level to increase. You will gain RP if you kill a player who is "Unstable" or higher. Players with a high Mental State level are show on Radar by a red dot."

Bounties changed to skulls. People who kill players with red dots get RP for it. So the more psychotic you are, the more other players will be encouraged to try to take you down a peg.

Coveted, etc. are back in the "Host Job" menu. Apartments are nothing but more expensive apartments with a different layout and decor. No new features with the more expensive apartments. I said to hell with that and bought a standalone garage. Then I stepped out the door and the first car I saw was the Muscle car I wanted to steal and soup up. So I did.

The waterhose on the fire truck apparently works again.

• Like 1

Also noticed that new features are in, but High Life wasn't available quite yet.  Didn't check Dynasty 8 to see if new properties were a part of the patch and not the DLC itself.

Finished Dom's last side job and the Minute Men's last side job late last night:

RIP Dom.  Took me a couple of tries to find the spot to HALO and get the Gold completion medal.

Minute Men's last mission was a tad frustrating.  I was pleased by my tactical take out of Josef (sniper shot) and Joe (sticky bomb to tractor) until I saw that their deaths had to be ironic.  Taking down Josef was easy (taser / shotgun) but I had to use Trevor's rage to get double damage modifier so that I could wreck the rocker powered tractor that Joe was using for his getaway and make him try to flee on foot.

It took a couple of replays before I was able to run down Joe and tase him before he exited the farm completely and made it to Paleto Bay.

Also completed the Paleto Bay Score Setup:

Had to do a replay to try for Gold because if you get to Paleto Bay in under three and a half minutes, you don't hear the amusing discussion between Trevor and Michael. 

Found out that all you have to do to complete the second Gold criteria is to beat the other back to Trevor's meth lab.  You don't have to be a specific character, but it is easier to win if you are Trevor.  Even with mods, Michael's DeClasse Premier can barely keep pace with the Pegassi Nemesis that Trevor steals and rides back to Sandy Shores.

I chose Chef to be my gunman.  I know that you can chose one of the expendable guys for a bigger cut of the take, but I wanted Chef to get some experience because I know a job will come that will require at least two gunmen and I wanted Packie and Chef to be ready.

Looks like Trevor will finally have his showdown with the O'Neils in the next mission.

I think i have now gone a week without doing a deathmatch. Hooray.

We need to have a competition to see if Chris can dethrone JT for team DVDVR Driver.

I think he won all but one race last night.

I think i have now gone a week without doing a deathmatch. Hooray.

I had to work late yesterday and haven't fired a shot in anger in GTA Online in over two weeks. 

Hopefully there will be some deathmatching or free mode murder in my future today.

You're not getting off that easy.

We need to have a competition to see if Chris can dethrone JT for team DVDVR Driver.

I think he won all but one race last night.

You mean you did not PIT him off of a cliff like you usually to me in a race?

1.13  Patch Notes are up!

TOP CHANGES

• Five new High-End apartments have been added to Online.
  • The ability to own more than one property has been added to Online. Please note that utility and mechanic charges will also double if you own two properties.
  • Mental State has been added. (This is a new approach for Matchmaking based on how often a player kills other players in Free Roam in Online).
  • Four new selectable vehicles have been added to Legendarymotorsport.net: Dewbauchee Massacro, Pegassi Zentorno, Enus Huntley, Dinka
  • An open-top variant of the Bravado Banshee has been added to Legendary Motorsport.
  • The following vehicles have been added to Southern San Andreas Super Autos for purchase: Vapid Dominator, Ocelot F620, Schyster Fusilade, Maibatsu Penumbra, Ubermacht Sentinel XS, Ubermacht Sentinel, Invetero Coquette, Grotti Stinger, Coil Voltic
  • The Bullpup Rifle has been added to Ammunation.
  • Six new horns have been added to Los Santos Customs. Two new Classical Horn options have been added.
  • 32 new fitted suit options have been added for male characters.
  • Spectate player is now available.
  • Non-Contact Races have been added. You now have the option to Race against others without scratching all of your lovely paintwork. Players competing in Non-Contact Races cannot slipstream one another.
  • As requested by the Stunting Community, the changes to bike physics in a recent Title Update have been reverted.
  • Fixed an issue where dropped items in created Capture Jobs would not be correctly blipped on the map.
  • Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not be able to reclaim a vehicle despite it being insured.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to shoot in their garages.
  • Maximum Rank has now been capped at 8000.
  • The following difficulty changes are going to be made to the Mission “Rooftop Rumble”:
    • 50% of FIB agents present at the start of the mission now have high accuracy.
    • Additional FIB agents spawn as players attack the parking garage. The agents spawn in two waves of cars.
    • After all the agents on foot in the parking lot and the first wave of agents in cars are killed, the mission will either progress in 30 seconds or require players to finish off all FIB agents.
    • The FIB agent carrying the documents Martin wants now spawns in a vehicle as the mission progresses.

Edit: Listed Exploit Fixes:

• Fixed an exploit where players could continually farm RP by gaining a wanted level then enter a LS Customs to lose it.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to publish restricted content Missions.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to get DLC vehicles for free.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to bring large Single Player only vehicles into Online.
  • Fixed an exploit where it was possible for players to be able to take ownership of vehicles that are too hot.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use Auto-Aim in Freeaim sessions.
  • Fixed an exploit where it was possible to set Team Capture areas very close to Capture objects to allow players to idle and still deliver Capture items.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to insure any vehicle they wanted.
  • Fixed an exploit where if a player could vote to return to Online if they finished a Job in a premium vehicle they didn’t own to get it for free.
  • Fixed an exploit where it was possible to pick up Capture vehicles and place them inside the Capture location.
  • Fixed several exploits where players could become invisible.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to purchase anything in-game for $0.
  • Fixed an exploit where it was possible to access Mission Creators if they are disabled for maintenance.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use Single Player cheats in Online.
  • Fixed an exploit where players were able to use Creators to place props in public games.
  • Fixed several exploits where players were able to duplicate garages and vehicles.

Also, this one intrigues me:

• Players are now able to purchase and use more than one set of Body Armour. This works along the same lines as purchasing and using Snacks.

Yeah - Chris was the master last night of waiting out the first major crash and then coasting to victory.

I don't mind doing deathmatches - it is just that yesterday we kept getting offered the boring ones. Like no fucking way was I doing Paintball.

And while I like Shotgun Wedding - we didn't have enough folks to make that one enjoyable.

We are starting with Chicken Drifting tonight.

Yep, MIs, there are 10-car garages. There's one that's apparently real close to the airport. I bought the one I've always wanted near the Los Santos Customs on the right-hand part of the map. It's just a couple of blocks from a LSC, an Ammunation and a store. There's another 10-car garage in the same neighborhood, but getting in and out of it would be a pain in the ass. 

Just go to Dynasty 8 and do a search from low to high in price. The 10-car garages are in the $140,000-$150,000 range. MIne cost $150,000.

Rockstar was so lazy with the design of the 10-car garages that the standalone garages still have an elevator (which doesn't open) just like the ones in the apartments.

You know, I thought about playing Rooftop Rumble last night to see if they messed with it. People are gonna howl. Why no slipstreaming in non-contact races?

I may get a more expensive apartment just to get a different layout, but I will never fill two ten-car garages.  I've had the game since launch and I only have five cars and two motorcycles.

I will probably swap out my Akuma for a Thrust and add a Picador (LOW RIDER~!) or the drop top Banshee to my garage.

There are tailored suits now. 

I may have to add one or two to my wardrobe.

I gotta check out them suits. I've given my Ric Flair speech on here before.

That's literally a massive amount of changes. These intrigue me the most:

-Players will no longer receive reminder phone calls for player abilities once they have used that ability. (Which should mean no more nagging phone calls from Simeon, etc., while playing the game)
-So long as a player has enough Cash in their Wallet or Bank, they will now be able to purchase items without having to move Cash around. (No more withdrawing cash from the bank to pay your impound fee or for a mugger)
-Players now spawn closer to the road when they die inside the Military base. (dying inside the military base and respawning inside the military base sucks, if you ask me)
-A new option has been added for players to avoid non-weapon / melee Deathmatches. (I IMMEDIATELY thought of Robert when reading this one).

The "armor like candy bars thing" is cool - you'll be able to carry multiple amounts of armor with you and put a new set on when the old one wears out.

Oh, and I can't wait to see if they actually fixed the wall breaches.

I wonder if some of those high end cars will also now be available to sell at LSC?

I've never seen any DLC cars out on the road if that's what you mean. 

You'll probably be able to buy one / sell it back to the chop shop, but I don't think you will just see one out and about ready to carjack.

Maybe they'll do that at some point. I think they increased the variety of cars that spawn in Freemode at some point in an attempt to get players to buy more cars. I know that's how I discovered my beloved Exemplar. If you find a car in Freemode and like the way it drives, you might actually buy the dang thing.

Most people who just wanna try out the new cars can do so in single-player, where they're all available for free, right?

Most people who just wanna try out the new cars can do so in single-player, where they're all available for free, right?

I just do test drives aka single player races with no traffic.   Usually the DLC cars show up in most Rockstar races depending on what classes are available in that race and I get money and RP to boot.

Yeah, I was test-driving Compacts on "Criminal Records" solo last night. I figure I'll soup one up in case some weirdos like y'all wanna do a Compact race. Can't make up my mind between the Issi and Blista. I think the Issi is faster, but much more prone to fishtailing. It is a convertable,though. 

I put this awesome paint job on my Muscle car last night - it's kinda powder/baby blue until you get it in the light, then it goes pinkish purple.

-Players will no longer receive reminder phone calls for player abilities once they have used that ability. (Which should mean no more nagging phone calls from Simeon, etc., while playing the game)

-So long as a player has enough Cash in their Wallet or Bank, they will now be able to purchase items without having to move Cash around. (No more withdrawing cash from the bank to pay your impound fee or for a mugger)

I'm more excited for these than just about anything listed in the release. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally answered the phone when I was trying to do something else - and having to make myself vulnerable so I could pull up the bank site and move cash around to call a mugger was maddening.

• Like 1

-A new option has been added for players to avoid non-weapon / melee Deathmatches. (I IMMEDIATELY thought of Robert when reading this one).

Oh hell yes.  I can't log on at the moment, but I'm telepathically setting that in my xbox right now.

If I had a dime for every time Lester called me in free mode while I was shooting at another player...

Aw, I'll miss hearing somebody shout "fuck off Lester" during heavy combat in freemode.  Won't miss it happening to me though.

I can't wait to see how this unstable mental state thing will pan out.  I imagine that all of us working the Night Shift will be worth billions of RP after one of our usual free mode rampages.

The person that kills Melraz or Robert may rank up five times.

• Like 3

That shade of yellow running down your spine is not attractive.

Just kidding, man.  Free mode is not for the faint of heart or the easily frustrated.  Now more than ever with guys being able to run around with two sets of kevlar. 

Scoring free aim headshots will be key, especially with people's penchant for wearing motorcycle helmets all of the time.