DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I'm not competitive as much as I'm tired of being bad. I don't wanna dominate deathmatches, I just don't wanna stink up the joint. It bothers me when someone melee kiils me because that means I wasn't paying attention. Races I really couldn't care less about.

We're just giving each other shit, anyway.

I don't necessarily mind spinning someone out if you're behind them and the opportunity is RIGHT THERE, but I was having a hard time racing with randoms because as soon as you get side by side with one of them, they start bashing into the side of your car. That's going too far, just race side-by-side, it's fun. 

Jesus, I love jaw jackin'.  That's part of the fun of being in chat.  A race isn't a race if I can't talk a little trash.

I enjoy deathmatches a lot.  Can be frustrating at times but you don't get better at them shooting at people you know you can beat.

I remember when Robert sucked at deathmatches.  Those days are long gone.  Senorita Muerto will fuck you up with any weapon she's got in her hands.  I've gotten a lot better with gunplay in general because Robert, Dan, and Melraz are rather proficient at killing the rest of us.

Eh, I haven't done one with randoms in weeks and doubt I will. I don't mind Dan and Robert when they're Mary Louing all over the place, 'cause they're my boys. But I get sick and tired of being in deathmatches with 10 randoms and nine of them rolling all around me like it's the synchronized dance event in the Olympics. Here, boys, have the gold, I'm going home.

Like I tried to say yesterday before my mic cut out, the game will eventually divide into two types of players:

1. Those who know how to do that rolly shit.

2. Those who will constantly get killed by that rolly shit.

If you're in camp 2 and you don't wanna join camp 1, better be findin' a new game.

And I swear, I never hear tension. We were just giving Dan shit yesterday. Like I called it, "wrestler's court." Splitting up is no fun, 'cause 100 percent of the fun is the group dynamic in the chatroom.

Neither Dan nor Rob have never flipped away from buckshot.  I can personally testify to that.  

Now, getting them before they get you.  That's the problem.  

I always feel I have a puncher's chance in a forced shotgun deathmatch, but then CSC and Rippa and Hoven Maven and RUkered step up and kick my ass.

Words cannot fail to express my disappointment when five of us did a parachute race and I NAILED every checkpoint and landed fine and was thinking "holy shit, I might win! I might win!" ...

"You finished 5th"

DAMMIT!

I gotta get better at switching to shotguns when needed in deathmatches, but that still doesn't make me wanna play them with randoms. Screw that. Right now, I'm on "no missions with randoms" strike 'cause I'm too rich to be fooling around with the riff-raff.

I got 15 fewer points than Mark did in a parachute race but he DNFed.

Mark still came in first on points even though I had a faster time and hit the target.  I call bullshits.

My problem is that there are very few missions that I like doing. Mainly because there are very few that are worth the effort when compared to the time/pay out. (Similar to what JT said about LTS. You can do a few races in the same time you are fucking waiting for like a wanted level to go away)

For me personally - I would rather be in a race or deathmatch then have to break into Fort Zancudo for the billionth time or chase something halfway across the God damn map again

I am down with any mission that involves murdering members of Lost MC or killing Merryweather monkeys.  Now that I have done both of the Docks to Stocks missions and Base Invaders without dying, I think I am more confidant in any mission having to do with a quick raid of Ft. Zancudo. 

Extradition, however, can go fuck itself.

I hate timed missions (Judging the Jury used to make me want to set something on fire but maybe it is easier now that I have a Buzzard?) and any mission with "blue Coquette" in the description causes me to break out in hives.

I can solo Defender easy in my Buzzard.

Extradition is just a matter of bringing the right equipment along.  If you grab 2 fighter jets and a buzzard or two, it becomes pretty easy.  Certainly easier than trying to steal a damned cargobob.  The fighter jets make short work of the plane taking off from Zancudo, and the buzzards can tag the DA easily.  Have one person in place on the ground where the DA is going to spawn and you're golden.

Extradition is just a matter of bringing the right equipment along.  If you grab 2 fighter jets and a buzzard or two, it becomes pretty easy.  Certainly easier than trying to steal a damned cargobob.  The fighter jets make short work of the plane taking off from Zancudo, and the buzzards can tag the DA easily.  Have one person in place on the ground where the DA is going to spawn and you're golden.

I just want to knock over a bank or two or transport some product. 

Madrazo and Lester have us hitting fucking Army bases and shit.

I thought the whole point of being a criminal was operating outside of the gaze of law enforcement.

I don't mind getting my murder on or getting some rep from taking ridiculous jobs, but the occasional easy score would be appreciated.

I don't mind getting my murder on or getting some rep from taking ridiculous jobs, but the occasional easy score would be appreciated.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Just head to the rooftop. It's insanely easy for the payout and RP. Extradition is insanely easy once you've figured out there's toys waiting for you at Trevor's airfield. No one in your group should even have to break into Fort Zancudo by jumping a car in there. 

Those "steal a cargobob" missions can kiss my ass. As can Los Santos Connection. Mis is right - that one deserves a Buzzard, maybe two, and a tank. That one sucks. Stocks and Scares is about the best for not being too hard or too easy. Death from Above was hard until I figured out how easy it is if you keep one person away from the scene. El Burro Heights is ridiculously hard for what you get paid.

That's why I'm glad to get even just five new missions - the missions are played out. Chopper Tail pays well and would be fun and easy for four people. I don't see why people bothered with Judging the Jury before figuring out to call in one or two Buzzards. I can't believe I even tried to play Mixed Up with Coke without a Buzzard and a tank. Trash Talk is fun.

Chase missions suck. If you can blow up the target, get a Buzzard. 

I won't be on for jobber Thursday as I am going to watch the Draft (maybe after we move I can fix my set up to have two TVs in the room but doubtful)

I might try to get to the creator just to finish this damn race... which probably sucks anyway

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Just head to the rooftop. It's insanely easy for the payout and RP. Extradition is insanely easy once you've figured out there's toys waiting for you at Trevor's airfield. No one in your group should even have to break into Fort Zancudo by jumping a car in there. 

Those "steal a cargobob" missions can kiss my ass. As can Los Santos Connection. Mis is right - that one deserves a Buzzard, maybe two, and a tank. That one sucks. Stocks and Scares is about the best for not being too hard or too easy. Death from Above was hard until I figured out how easy it is if you keep one person away from the scene. El Burro Heights is ridiculously hard for what you get paid.

That's why I'm glad to get even just five new missions - the missions are played out. Chopper Tail pays well and would be fun and easy for four people. I don't see why people bothered with Judging the Jury before figuring out to call in one or two Buzzards. I can't believe I even tried to play Mixed Up with Coke without a Buzzard and a tank. Trash Talk is fun.

Chase missions suck. If you can blow up the target, get a Buzzard. 

Oh, my God, the steal a cargobob missions I did with Melraz, Mis, Robert & Rippa couldn't have gone smoother if we had planned them to go that way.

And yeah, it occurred to me that Mixed Up With Coke might be easier with a Rhino and a Buzzard, but attacking with a tank seemed cheap. 

If only I had owned a Buzzard the first time I tried to do High Priority Case or had simply flown a normal helicopter to the Maze Bank bank building to snipe the roof guards before going in to get the briefcase.

No Hay Bronca, and Violent Duct were ridiculously hard at the level you unlock them ie before grenades.  To this day I hate having to resort to using the Jerry Can to start an explosion.  Payouts weren't bad until they got nerfed and the ability to replay missions got locked by the 1.02 patch.  I made my first $500K replaying No Hay Bronca over and over and over and over again.

I was in a group of randoms the first time I tried Death From Above and we succeeded by accident.  One guy had to go buy ammo so he wasn't around when we started the firefight.  When we drew the cops away from the target, he just waltzed in, capped the target, took the picture, and drove off to Madazo's place.

It was so easy we thought the mission was glitched..

We have an official release date for High Life:  May 13th.

Rockstar Newswire

Looks like the devs finally decided not to try to bundle Heists with the new DLC and just release what they had as soon as they could.

The new bullpup weapon is actually another rifle (looks like a modified FAMAS or maybe a QBZ-95-1) and not the bullpup shotgun (Kel Tec KSG) from the CE.

Yes, I work for the Department of the Army.  Nearly all Army civillians are also gun nerds.

We may have to do some live weapon testing in free mode on random players aka shoot bitches in the head to see which assault rifle is the best   I tried the Special Carbine out once or twice but the fire rate of the Advanced Rifle was too good to ignore.  If I were starting out new right now, I'd definitely use the Special Carbine over the other assault rifles until I unlocked the Advanced Rifle.

We'll see how the Advanced Rifle holds up against this new weapon next Tuesday.

Dinka Thrust looks like another crotch rocket.  I was hoping for something along the lines of a Honda Valkryie.  I kinda want a new touring bike instead of a street racer.

I will be interested in the specs for the new vehicles.  If they are cherry, I plan to swap out my Sultan for the new Massacro and I will dump my Akuma for the new Dinka bike.

The new properties will just be new apartments with new interiors.  I didn't see anything about being able to own any of the houses in Richman or in the Vinewood Hills.

You CAN own more than one apartment so you can have more than one ten car garage.  I am so picky about what goes into my garage I will ever own more than ten vehicles at a time, so I will probably just upgrade my digs when I get the money.  I have heard that the new places are going to be crazy expensive.

Races will now have a no-contact option for pussies that don't know how to draft or assholes that don't realize that you don't have to be in first place the entire race in order to win the damn thing.  If someone is on your ass, let them go by and slipstream them.

• Like 1

Heists were never planned to go with High Life. The schedule was always High Life, then heists. A lot of people have gotten that confused, it seems. They promised heists before summer, which technically gives them until June 21.  So I'd say heists on June 17.

I'm gonna be hard-pressed to buy another rifle I won't use. I keep holding out hope that they'll come out with some sort of weapons-storage locker so I don't have to throw anything away, but I'm getting tired of having to cycle through 15 weapons I never use to find the one I do use. I'd like to narrow it down to one in each class.

I've never had a steal a cargobob mission go smoothly. What I would like to do is land the cargobob, get killed intentionally, respawn without a wanted level, then take the cargobob, but lives are precious when you've got it set on Hard. Even if you've got tons of other people in Buzzards running interference, the police choppers just keep coming and keep coming. Every tip I've heard of for that one - get as high as possible, go to the ocean - has never worked for me. 

I'm waiting on reports on this new motorcycle before buying. This wait for more garage space is killing me, because I've been trying to race a lot more lately - only activity I can even bear to do right now - and I keep having to turn down races because it's custom motorcycles and I know I'll get blown away, like The Commute with no traffic. I'd get creamed on a stock motorcycle on that race with motorcycles set on custom. Oh well.

I'm kinda surprised Rockstar didn't have several pieces of purchasable DLC ready to go when they came out with the game and then started rolling them out a few months later. This game's no spring chicken and is limping into these next two updates.

• Like 1

I'm kinda surprised Rockstar didn't have several pieces of purchasable DLC ready to go when they came out with the game and then started rolling them out a few months later. This game's no spring chicken and is limping into these next two updates.

Watch_Dogs comes out at the end of the month.  GTA Online had better get really interesting really fast or I am just going to bulldoze my way through Story Mode, call it square, and get my XBone and a copy of Watch_Dogs.

I'm gonna be hard-pressed to buy another rifle I won't use. I keep holding out hope that they'll come out with some sort of weapons-storage locker so I don't have to throw anything away, but I'm getting tired of having to cycle through 15 weapons I never use to find the one I do use. I'd like to narrow it down to one in each class.

I have always hated the Golf Bag o' Weapons system that GTA uses. 

I think you should only be able to carry two or three weapons max and maybe more if you buy tactical holsters (the only worthwile concept that stupid 50 Cent: Bulletproof game had):

fiddy2.jpg

and you should store alternate weapons in your house in an arsenal like the one from the Punisher game for XBox:

img-20.jpg

I'd even go as far as to suggest that an arsenal is something you should be forced to buy for your crib.  You should always be able to weapons and ammo from Ammunation, but not having an arsenal would limit you to the guns you had access to and holsters would increase the number of weapons you had on your person.

You would think that GTA Online would've built more money sinks into this game.

JT and I definitely differ on the big bag o' guns.  I've always liked the ability to access all my guns at once in the GTA games.  I don't want to analyze the mission objectives and make intelligent decisions on what weaponry to bring.  I want to solve problems through the application of overwhelming firepower.  Plus, I know I'd always end up with heavy sniper/combat MG or combat MG/assault shotgun.  Like how I only ever used 2 guns in ME3.

That said, I do wind up with way too many types of guns in this game.  I always dump everything I don't use, so that I don't have to cycle through shitty weapons.  After doing a few DMs with forced weapons last night, I left a pile of 6 or 7 guns on the ground in freemode.  Wish I could drop the damned Gusenberg. 

Looking forward to the extra garage space next week, though I'm disappointed that they won't have mansions.  Me being a nerd, I've already got a list of cars to buy. 

I'll probably be on for a bit tonight till about 7 my time.  Might check out a bit of the draft to see where my fellow Aggies end up.

• Like 1

JT and I definitely differ on the big bag o' guns.  I've always liked the ability to access all my guns at once in the GTA games.  I don't want to analyze the mission objectives and make intelligent decisions on what weaponry to bring.  I want to solve problems through the application of overwhelming firepower.  Plus, I know I'd always end up with heavy sniper/combat MG or combat MG/assault shotgun.  Like how I only ever used 2 guns in ME3.

Holy shit, if there were a sandbox game with the mechanics from the XBox Punisher game where i had an arsena at my safehouse and had to make firearm choices based on the mission, I'd be happier than a guy at a women's prison with a pocket full of pardons from the Governor.

I also dig overwhelming firepower.  Which is why I would own a couple of tac harnesses so that I could have two sidearms, an SMG, two  and a Grenade Launcher.

I am not so anal about realism that I think it would be a good idea to slow my maneuverability because I am carrying extra weight.

I just want to have one gun in each class (maybe 2 pistols), like the Combat MG in the MG Class, the Special Carbine (I think) in the rifle class, the AP Pistol in the pistol class (maybe that other pistol too that packs a punch but only holds six bullets - the name escapes me now - the Heavy Pistol?) and the Assault Shotgun, etc. If you've got the Assault Shotgun, for example, why bother carrying around any other type of shotgun?

I can't figure out for the life of me why I'm still carrying around the Light Sniper Rifle. I haven't used it for anything but as a set of binoculars so I can read what kind of car a particular car is in months.

Heads up: I hate posting these, but I didn't know about this one until now. This one sucks 'cause it allows the breacher to shoot people coming in and out of the right-hand Los Santos Customs (the best one to take Simeon cars to 'cause it's closest to Simeon's warehouse space). The more you know ...

http://youtu.be/xuJX-adyZ3E

They've botched a lot of stuff.  If this wasn't GTA, it would have died out a long time ago.  Actually, most people wouldn't have put up with the initial connection problems and stuff like rampant glitching/cheating.  Not to mention the overall grindy nickle and diming nature.  I haven't touched the game in almost 2 months and some guns and cars that are basically tweaks of stuff that is already in the game don't exactly hype me up.  If they are just adding that sort of stuff, it should be more of the Saint's Row vein -- someone's hacked a UFO into the game, why can't they put in a legit one?

I'm holding out hope because usually Rockstar does paid DLC right -- Episodes of Liberty City is in many ways superior to GTAIV -- but I have a feeling that heists are just gonna be tweaks to the longer missions like Los Santos Connection.  The ones in single player employ a lot of gimmicks that I don't see them bringing into online.