DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It's gotten to the point where when I join a random race on the phone, I'm saying "c'mon, user-created non-Rockstar approved race." The Rockstar and Rockstar-certified, approved, whatever races are usually so freaking boring. I want something with stupid jumps and checkpoints on top of luxury hotels. The only R* races I would get excited about doing with randoms at this point are Four-Way Jumps and 2-Mile Lap Divided. I haven't played White Cars Can't Jump yet.

I did get to finally race in my beloved Dewbachee Exemplar (Coupe races don't come up often at all) and smoked the competition, thank you. If you're in the market for a four-door car, friends, you won't do much better than the Exemplar. I highly recommend them. Come on down here to JStout's Dewbachee/Ubermacht/Ocelot SuperCenter and let us set you up with the perfect car for your needs! Bad credit, no credit, your job is your credit! Of course, if you don't make your payments, I'm calling my "friend" Simeon and letting him take care of the rest, but that's neither here nor there! Come on down!

• Like 1

I did get to finally race in my beloved Dewbachee Exemplar (Coupe races don't come up often at all) and smoked the competition, thank you. If you're in the market for a four-door car, friends, you won't do much better than the Exemplar. I highly recommend them. Come on down here to JStout's Dewbachee/Ubermacht/Ocelot SuperCenter and let us set you up with the perfect car for your needs! Bad credit, no credit, your job is your credit! Of course, if you don't make your payments, I'm calling my "friend" Simeon and letting him take care of the rest, but that's neither here nor there! Come on down!

br549.jpg

• Like 3

^^^^ Is there any way I can "like" that more than once?

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I love you, in a appropriate way, I mean. If I didn't, you would be dead, of course.

By the way, just got done buying groceries and the bagboys were talking about Grand Theft Auto. One was talking about going to "the something Unicorn" and I felt like yelling "the Vanilla Unicorn? The strip club?" He said he couldn't believe that kinda stuff was in a video game. I was dying to jump in and say "you don't know nothin' about GTA, man!"

http://youtu.be/0rUMa8bFbqo?t=5s

Ha!  You and two other people on the internets probably understand the Hee Haw reference.

Cloud Servers are still screwy.  Saving is still hit or miss but on the plus side, now is probably your best opportunity to back your way into a World Record and get the Devil Girl tattoo.

My punk ass will be jet skiing as soon as I finish dinner.

My interwebz are being normal.  By normal I mean not connecting to Xbox live as is the case most of the time.  

I may try again here shortly, but I'm a little burned on the game right now.  25 levels and $3.5 million made in a 36 hour period will do that though.  Plus I had two root canals done this morning and the numbness is wearing off.

I might getta play one of these dalm days again. Work is kickin me arse. Gotta get up at 4:30 in the am to do it again. The good news is it'll be my last day for 11 days.....bad news shit ton o' work to do round the house. Stout, Burke youinz ain't to far I'll have beer and food available cause hell let's face it....I'll probably end up drunk and eatin all week while playing GTA not gettin a dalm thing done other than getting d.e.vorced

Hell Mel, go through "the big D, I don't mean Dallas" and you'll have plenty of time for GTA. It's been a successful formula for me so far.

Just make sure you lawyer up. Way up. I can make a recommendation - the guy who thrashed my ass. 

You taking a staycation? (God I hate that freakin' term). You goin' to Racks on the Tracks? I start 13 days in a row Wednesday.

Had some fun in freemode with Robert and Mis, but Robert left and here came a tank pussy, and I think he got his tank blown up once and immediately got another one. He was a level 370-something, so you know what kind of player we're dealing with here. I put a $1,000 bounty on him to light him up and he put $9000 on me. I like fighting tanks, but if there's not 5 or 6 of us fighting the damn thing, they take forever to kill, and then dude can just grab another one with a phone call and you're back to square one. They're too powerful.

Plus problem is, the other players around you keep killing you instead of focusing on the tank, but that's been a gripe of mine for ages. If Godzilla's storming down downtown Tokyo, the populace don't stand around judo chopping each other. 

• Like 2

Sorry, dudes, but real life kicked in last night.  Mortagage company called and I ended up going back and forth to the library faxing nearly every financial document I owned to them.

Logged on this morning; no update.  Damn.  Played Story Mode for a few before getting ready for work.

Franklin's S&F marker was indeed his first encounter with Dom.

Jesus, he reminds me of Brucie in the not so good way.  It' was awesome to already be familiar with the guy because of one of the bounties that Trevor brought in alive. 

As for the important shit:

Met the Gold medal critera for free falling.  You only have to do it for seven seconds but if you hold out for about thirty or fourty seconds and pull your ripcord, you will probably have an easier time of hitting the target on the top of Mount Chilead.   That parachute jump in GTA Online that we always do where you either make the target or die was practice for this jump.

The bike race against Dom was problematic.  After three or four times of Dom knocking me off the side of the mountain and making me miss checkpoints, it dawned on me that I should let him stay in the lead until we were further down the route and off the mountain.  You can start to make your move three or four checkpoints out. 

I had no problem getting meeting the Big Air criteria because there are a couple of huge jumps and you can cheat the route about two checkpoints from the finish line to beat Dom in the bike race.  He will stay on the path, so you just bike over the hill and cut him off.

I had to retry a couple of times and thankfully this is one of those things where retrying doesn't fuck up one of your medal markers.  If you retry missions with a time limit or where shooting accuracy is involved, you will automatically fail if you retry from a checkpoint.

The S&F marker near Sandy Shores is obviously Trevor's second encounter with the Civil Border Patrol.  After I knock that out, I will do the nest Story Mode mission for the FiB.

And HOLY SHIT, MIS~!  I hope you are doing better, brah.  I fucking hate dentists but they are a necessary evil.  I cannot deal with having a cruddy smile.

Prob should have just skipped last night due to headache. Had to play without headset because everyone talking at once made it worse.

I updated my sea race so maybe thst can go on the to do list on thursday.

Thanks J.T. Now I'm singing "I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and pffft you were gone" over and over and over.

Now, we're not ones to go round spreadin' rumors
Why really, we're just not the gossipy kind!
Oh, you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip!
So you'd better be sure and listen close the first time.

Now, we're not ones to go round spreadin' rumors

Why really, we're just not the gossipy kind!

Oh, you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip!
So you'd better be sure and listen close the first time.

Goddammit, Stout.

You are not helping me continue to forget the huge crush I had on Barbie Benton when I was a kid.

13975063_ori.jpg

Alas, my misspent youth...

We were joking last night that JT was going to sign on to the late shift around 11:30 and be all "Sorry - took allergy medicine and passed out"

We were joking last night that JT was going to sign on to the late shift around 11:30 and be all "Sorry - took allergy medicine and passed out"

I wish.  Allergy meds and sleep would've been preferable to ransacking my apartment for old tax returns.

Bah.  The game is eating the special outfits.  Doing the mission, Deep Inside, did not put the tuxedo in Franklin's wardrobe and winning the first off-road race did not unlock the Motocross gear.

I may uninstall - reinstall and see what happens if I can bear waiting hours for all of that fucking data to mount on my HDD..

That was my guess.

The mortgage company needed a shit ton of financial records to begin processing our loan application.  Given a choice between constant phone calls from my girlfriend freaking out about the paperwork and getting ribbed by you guys about no showing, I will choose "tear apartment apart looking for ancient tax documents and pay stubs." :lol:

Like i said the other day, i hope we get new stuff soon, as playing the game seems more like work than fun.

I also had a bathroom emergency during the deathmatch so i came back to just in time to have no kills and something like 9 deaths.

Yeah - most of us where ignoring you during that time

Well except me who was going for a melee kill as my objective and Dan who was all IT'S A DEATHMATCH! KILL! KILL! KILL!

I also had a bathroom emergency during the deathmatch so i came back to just in time to have no kills and something like 9 deaths.

Did you tell the guys you were going Away?  I had an extended chat with my girlfriend during a deathmatch once but told the guys and they were good enough not to shoot me while I was idle.