DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh, Alleyways fucking rules.  It is so awesome I forget that it is player created.  Just like LS FORUM is better in GTA mode, that race is best run with traffic turned on.

Being too aggresive in the turns will cost you.  That trash dumpster is perfectly placed to cause maximum chaos and I don't think any of us cleared that hairpin turn on our first lap where you have to break hard or go straight into the front of that store.  I negotiated it pretty well on Lap 2.  I lost a couple of seconds but I still stayed in first place and raced a clean lap to victory.  I almost lost when someone nearly took me out when I was coming out of the golf course turn..

That point to point race in Davis Quarry was also really fun.. 

Thumbs down because that crew you were playing with kept wrecking me and one of the assholes blocked the entrance to the ramp with an adder. Even sent me a nice pm "lol". 

That reminds me the race we did that the one random was able to sneak in on and then destroy us all.  I was so far behind I just said forget it and went hunting for him and came SO close to taking his car out two checkpoints from the finish,

That Davis Quarry race was awesome, and is user-created.

Four-Way Jumps is tremendous, GTA race or no. The "clean" race around the horse track is user-created. Isn't our beloved Jump or Die user-created?

The bad ones are fun provided they're kinda easy to figure out - I hate it when the creators seem to "hide" the checkpoints.

I don't know what happened to it, dammit, but I wanna do the user-created offroad race again that started you out somewhere and had one checkpoint - the one at the finish line, at Trevor's airfield. How you raced from point A to B was your own damn business.

Yeah. 4-Way Madness and Jump And Die are user created.  I forget the names of the player created race at the circle track (I think that is a dog racing track in real life) and the one at Davis Quarry.

IMO, some of those races have to be run a certain way in order to be awesome.  I am not sure if I can deal with LS FORUM not being a GTA race, Alleyways being run with no traffic, or that circle track race being run in nice weather.

The dirt track race would prob be boring if there were only 3 or 4 people racing. I think we had 7 or 8 that time we did it back to back, first on utility vehiclea ans then gta mode.

We learned painfully that if we're going to run that race in GTA mode, it will have to be in something other than utility vehicles so we're not sitting ducks for players on foot that are out to be spoilsports. 

As hard as you mat try, there is no avoiding a grenade when you're driving a lawnmower.  I did get a few points toward my Drive-By medal by shooting Dan in the head from behind the wheel of my baggage cart.

• Like 1

There's also no avoiding a tractor ramming your poor golf cart after its driver activates a speed boost.

"What the hell just happened?!"

That was one of my highlights of GTA online.  right there with melraz's indignation after I got him with the sticky bombed tanker truck.

I generally give thumbs up to user created races, unless they're just awful.  The only thumbs down I can remember was that one where you have to drive over shipping containers placed up in the air.  It may be the same one that stout and mis played today.  Piss on that.

I'm a much harder grader on user created DMs.  They're much easier to get wrong than races, at least to me.  I've seen very few user created DMs that I actually liked.  I like Mark's, particularly if I can get a sniper rifle.  I think Paradise Alley is user created, and that's one of my favorites.  Tanks in user DMs are an automated thumbs down for me.

Got on for a few today just to get my lspd assault mg. Then I tried to make a shitty death match but it kept sayin the servers are down the servers are down. Then it said save successful. Went to load it and it wasn't there so farq it in the arse.

There's also no avoiding a tractor ramming your poor golf cart after its driver activates a speed boost.

"What the hell just happened?!"

That was one of my highlights of GTA online.  right there with melraz's indignation after I got him with the sticky bombed tanker truck.

I generally give thumbs up to user created races, unless they're just awful.  The only thumbs down I can remember was that one where you have to drive over shipping containers placed up in the air.  It may be the same one that stout and mis played today.  Piss on that.

I'm a much harder grader on user created DMs.  They're much easier to get wrong than races, at least to me.  I've seen very few user created DMs that I actually liked.  I like Mark's, particularly if I can get a sniper rifle.  I think Paradise Alley is user created, and that's one of my favorites.  Tanks in user DMs are an automated thumbs down for me.

There I am, driving along in my little golf cart, minding my own business, singing me a happy little song ...

When suddenly, I'm at least 50 feet if not more in front of where I was, past two fences. I was completely blindsided, never saw it coming.

Finally did that race on the train tracks with some randoms. It's fun, but it's at least 3 miles too long. It goes on FOREVER. They were doing it in Supers, which was kinda dumb. Motorcycles work best for that one, no doubt.

Just got done with a pass of Rooftop Rumble where the guy who had the documents was on a Sanchez with me on the back shooting at the Merriweather guys. That was different.

EDIT: Talk on one of the GTA forums says there's a new glitch that allows other players to shoot you in your apartment - not garage - if you're in Freemode. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Talk on one of the GTA forums says there's a new glitch that allows other players to shoot you in your apartment - not garage - if you're in Freemode. Just a heads up.

That sucks. I thought the apartment glitch was supposed to allow you to shoot people in your own apartment, not allow other people to kill you in your own crib.

If you find it again, post the link to the info in this thread..

Another reason to avoid freemode. :)

keep-calm-and-shoot-to-kill-2.png

I was messing around with Michael & the submarine last night and spotted the sunken flying saucer off the coast of Paleto Bay.

Maxed out Franklin's Flying skill even though he will never operate an aircraft in a mission.  Going to max Stealth by killing Ballaz and then FINALLY talk myself into going through with Caida Libre.

The chaotic rampaging in the streets so popular amongst the dvdvr crew is not my thing.

In the right circumstances, it's a blast. I'm currently what would be called a "Freemode Wimp," in that I don't set a pinky toe in Freemode until I've got a decent amount of crew at my side, but there's something fun about watching three or four green-outlined dots closing in on a white dot while the music from "Jaws" plays in my head.

Before having server troubles and getting booted into our own rooms, Mel, Mis and I spent a few minutes yesterday showing some fellow the back of our hands. He fluke killed Mel a couple of times and never got me or Mis. It was one of those chronic problems while playing with the crew - I'd have him lined up in my sniper scope, getting ready to pull the trigger, when someone else would take him out. 

Am I being a bully? Sure, I guess, but man, I've been bullied in this game to the point of sheer absurdity. It feels good to be on the other end of it once in a while. And we're judicious - I've heard of players who target the lower-level guys in a room. We go after anyone with one of those really high levels, just to try to show them cheaters don't win.

Oh, and J.T., apparently the poster's an idiot and I'm an idiot for quoting him. Apparently there's still a way for people to get into your garage with a weapon, but I can't even find any new mentions/YouTube videos of the way to do that post-1.12. I'm gonna quit posting heads ups about new glitches until I actually see a YouTube video about it.

I think you can shoot inside your apartment with a glitch and you can also shoot inside someone else's apartment, but you have to be invited. Do people still invite people to their apartments these days?

Rockstar should make "crew clubhouses," a buyable gathering place for crews online, with a garage for everyone to park their cars in and stupid ways for crews to kill time like maybe darts and arm wrestling, maybe a firing range.

• Like 1

I suddenly remembered that I have an account at GTA Forums.   The new apartment bug only allows people to shoot in other apartments that they've already been invited to. 

You're still safe in your crib but garages remain vulnurable. 

I don't think I've had an apartment invite since the night we were in Bane's. "YOU GENTLEMEN ARE FINE FOES!!!"

Agreed on a crew clubhouse. I would enjoy gathering around a TV to watch ridiculousness go on outside.

Edit: And now I'm laughing all over again about Mis constantly telling Bane "You need to fucking run your gimmick by creative again buddy" and randomly blasting him with a shotgun in the middle of our massive fistfight where he was obviously cheating his ass off.

• Like 3

The chaotic rampaging in the streets so popular amongst the dvdvr crew is not my thing.

In the right circumstances, it's a blast. I'm currently what would be called a "Freemode Wimp," in that I don't set a pinky toe in Freemode until I've got a decent amount of crew at my side, but there's something fun about watching three or four green-outlined dots closing in on a white dot while the music from "Jaws" plays in my head.

Before having server troubles and getting booted into our own rooms, Mel, Mis and I spent a few minutes yesterday showing some fellow the back of our hands. He fluke killed Mel a couple of times and never got me or Mis. It was one of those chronic problems while playing with the crew - I'd have him lined up in my sniper scope, getting ready to pull the trigger, when someone else would take him out. 

Am I being a bully? Sure, I guess, but man, I've been bullied in this game to the point of sheer absurdity. It feels good to be on the other end of it once in a while. And we're judicious - I've heard of players who target the lower-level guys in a room. We go after anyone with one of those really high levels, just to try to show them cheaters don't win.

Oh, and J.T., apparently the poster's an idiot and I'm an idiot for quoting him. Apparently there's still a way for people to get into your garage with a weapon, but I can't even find any new mentions/YouTube videos of the way to do that post-1.12. I'm gonna quit posting heads ups about new glitches until I actually see a YouTube video about it.

I think you can shoot inside your apartment with a glitch and you can also shoot inside someone else's apartment, but you have to be invited. Do people still invite people to their apartments these days?

Rockstar should make "crew clubhouses," a buyable gathering place for crews online, with a garage for everyone to park their cars in and stupid ways for crews to kill time like maybe darts and arm wrestling, maybe a firing range.

I can't count the number of times I've watched some white dot bastard's head explode through a sniper scope because melraz was faster than me. 

Apartment glitches are the least annoying type of glitches to me because I never go there.  I've got it set to spawn at my last location, and maybe go to my apartment once a week.  Parking garage glitchers can go die in a hole.

I wouldn't want to spawn at my last location because that could prove problematic in Freemode - what if your last location is now suddenly crowded with players?

At least if I'm the apartment, I can check the map to see if anyone's too close. The garage shooter guys aren't a problem, because if I'm in my apartment in Freemode, I'm there to cause trouble and won't need a car of my own. So I just leave out the apartment door and start stealing cars.

I want to experiment some more, but I'm thinking the parking garage glitchers can be taken out with an Allah Akbar bomb - cars can fit through the glitch, and I think you could drive a car into the glitch and detonate the bomb faster than the person in the glitch can shoot you. If not, I've seen a tank destroy a guy in that glitch first-hand. Drove up to the side, past the glitch. 

I wouldn't want to spawn at my last location because that could prove problematic in Freemode - what if your last location is now suddenly crowded with players?

That's actually what I like about it.  It's gotten me killed a few times, but I've picked up quite a few kills, and even a few bounty collections, within a few seconds of spawning.  My habit of selling a car at the downtown LSC before logging off means that I frequently end up spawning in interesting situations when I start up again.  Doesn't always end well, but I've got to the point now where I can usually hold my own.

Only got on very briefly, but did get to do one ridiculous DM.  3 on 2, with my team having the 3.  It was on the Mansion map, which is one of my favorites, because I know one really good spot.  Wound up with 10 kills and no deaths.  Final score was us losing 10 to 16.  My two teammates combined for 0 kills and 16 deaths.  Score one for incompetence.