DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I never even finished the GTA version of that track race.   I got the Bronze medal for drive-by kills for shooting Dan and Robert so many times fom behind the wheel.  Dan just hid behind the ramp near the finish line and ambushed people. 

I knew Dan would get me everytime I tried for the last checkpoint in that slow, goddamned airport baggage tram I was driving, so I resigned myself to get as many headshots on him as I could before the race time expired.

I unlocked two tattoos that I've wanted for a while (Broken Skull for Sniper Rifle kills and Skull & Dagger for Bounty kills).... and they are both in the same spot on my right leg so I can't wear them at the same time.  NOOOOOOO~!

I put the Skull & Dagger for my right calf and decided to get the Hottie tattoo I unlocked ages ago for my left calf to sync up with the Brunette Racer tat on my left arm. 

The hot chicks and skulls motif of my tattoos is still thematic with The Wages of Sin is Death thing I've got going on.  Now I've just got to push for 1000 player kills to get the Seven Deadly Sins scroll. 

I think my total player kill count as of last night's guerilla warfare is 824; not bad for me but pretty tame by the standards of the PS3 Death Squad and the death who walks that is Melraz.

I dont remember if it was monday or tuesday, but phil's issue with spectating me trying to pilot a helicopter was prettty funny.

That was Monday.  I almost spilled my Sprite when I thought you were about to crash into me.

Thank God that I am pretty good helicopter pilot and we only had to deliver one Buzzard to Lester.

• Like 1

The thing I am talking definitely happened after Mark and Robert bailed - so it could have been that versus mission.

Though I think stout might be right and it was that motorcycle race around the train yard.

I never even finished the GTA version of that track race.   I got the Bronze medal for drive-by kills for shooting Dan and Robert so many times fom behind the wheel.

Funnily enough - I got the same exact medal during that Gauntlets vs Phoenixes thing

The thing I am talking definitely happened after Mark and Robert bailed - so it could have been that versus mission.

Though I think stout might be right and it was that motorcycle race around the train yard.

That's what it was. I remember looking at my total and thinking "holy crap, that's an odd lot of RP to finish in the middle of the pack in a race," and then seeing 5,000 for the win and thinking "damn!" 

That was a close race. The races were all pretty damn close, if I recall. Those versus missions like Gauntlets vs. Phoenixes and the blowing-up-cars-in-the-parking-garage one didn't pay out for crap in either money or RP, even though practically none of us had done them before.

I really liked the parking garage one after I figured out there was more than one way in the garage, and relieved y'all didn't simply stake out both entrances and blast us as we moved in. I'm still curious to know if one could've called in a Buzzard to try to take care of the upper deck of cars, at least.

I really liked the parking garage one after I figured out there was more than one way in the garage, and relieved y'all didn't simply stake out both entrances and blast us as we moved in. I'm still curious to know if one could've called in a Buzzard to try to take care of the upper deck of cars, at least.

I don't think any mission prevents you from calling Lester or Pegasus.  If I had a dollar for every competitive mission where Fresh has called in mercs, I'd be rich.

To be honest,   I half-expected you to either drive behind the airport and come back with a Buzzard or call in your own.

Then we hop into Freemode, where I get chided by my own crewmates for shooting a guy on a bicycle. Hey, it's kill or be killed on the mean streets, and I killed. Screw Lance Armstrong, he had it coming. 

Poor guy on the BMX just wanted to do some stoppies, man. You didn't have to shoot him.

My "Oh, Jesus.  I've become a heartless monster" moment was the RPG ambush on that unlucky guy modding that Rebel.  It was fun at the time, but then I was like, "Holy shit.  Finding a Rebel with no mud on it is hard.  That guy probably called us everything name in the book over the GTA chat channel."

Quite a few players last night that got a pretty harsh introduction the 360 crew.   I got no negative hits to my rep, though.

I'll call one in occasionally, but I tend not to call in Buzzards because I can't pilot them very well. Lots of flailing around as I try to get set to shoot. I can't stay still. I called in a Buzzard for a mission with randoms where you have to take a helicopter to the top of the building that's under construction in downtown, and holy cow, me trying to shoot those guys on the top floor was a joke. For some reason, I'm much smoother with a Buzzard in Freemode. 

I should've at least called in one for Andrew, but I really didn't think of it until someone mentioned it late in the proceedings, and I'm like "yeah, that would've been a good idea." Some of the regular missions scream for one, but since I'd never done that one before, I never thought twice about it.

And I had absolutely no idea you could call in mercenaries on people in competitive missions. That'd be hilarious.

EDIT: He was on the road bike, I have you know. I wanted SO bad to ride off with it, that would've been the cherry on the sundae, but it wouldn't let me. 

Oh, you know the guy didn't have insurance on the car 'cause you didn't get charged for it when you blew it up. Well, that's not our faults, is it? If you wanna keep the car, you should probably insure it. Plus, I'm not sure I'd run around chasing cars in a regular Freemode session anyway - too many assholes waiting outside the custom shop to blow you up.

It's really funny - when I first started playing this game, I whined constantly about the assholes trying to blow you up unprovoked in Freemode. Now I'm (occasionally) one of them, and it's great. It's much sweeter when they provoke you, like the morons shooting at Melraz when he steps out of his apartment - not smart, fellas. If it bothers you to mess with people unprovoked, just drive by them and chances are they'll start firing. To tell the truth, though, I don't set a big toe in Freemode now unless I know I've got a posse. Screw it. That's what we're for.

Because you gotta admit it's fun when everyone's closing in on some dude and the noose is tightening and he's like "I need this not" and leaves. 

And I had absolutely no idea you could call in mercenaries on people in competitive missions. That'd be hilarious.

It maybe patched now, but you used to be able to do it.  Fresh would also call in helicopter back-up in the blink of an eye. 

He called in heli-support on a Capture once.  Mark responded with an airstrike.

I have to find and complete 17 more stunt jumps in Online mode to unlock the Lime Green paint job.  That's the closest color to the crew color and I want to get that for the Jester that I will eventually buy.

I love my new Akuma.  It doesn't have the top speed of a 800, 800RR, or a Double-T, but it accelerates much faster than those motorcycles.  It can't corner like a racing bike can, though.

Why not just use the crew color? You just like the Lime Green better? I've seen pictures of people with neon green Hearses - those look odd.

The crew color's awesome for Supers, garish for Sedans.

A racing bike is literally my first buy when we eventually get expanded garages. Several things I learned from last night, though:

1. I think I'd rather have the Bati 800 or 800RR than the Akuma, to hear you guys talk. I'll trade accelearation for cornering. 

2. Using a fully modded racing bike would be a bad move in certain situations - that race around the train tracks that Rippa won would've been a complete disaster for me if I used a fully modded motorcycle on it - too much power - I would've wrecked 10,000 times. But there are races where the modded motorcycles come in handy.

Cars in races are like golf clubs - I have an Adder and an Entity (bought during the big money days) and I use the Adder for some Super races and the Entity for others depending on how straight or winding the track is. I think we chose no custom vehicles, but I was going to use a stock Sanchez anyway instead of my custom one for Kelvin's Mount Chilliad race a couple of weeks ago, 'cause I knew too much power would get me killed. I suspect the road bikes would work the same way.

Fuck - how have they not put Shield-esqe masks in the fucking game yet?

In keeping with my Wages of Sin Is Death theme I've got going on with all of my tattoos, I have the new hockey mask with the white skull spraypainted on the front.  Same one as this guy is wearing.

I should wear my mask more often.

0_0.jpg

It has the same feel to it as the Shield's fanged balaclava and it is pretty rad, but not quite as awesome as the Shield's gear..

Or I should just be like Dan and Stout and wear my fanged skull motorcycle helmet everywhere I go.

CarbonMotorcycle-GTAV.jpeg

RUkered favors the Warrior hockye mask that makes you look like Dr. Doom.

Was it one of us last week - I'm thinking maybe Andrew - who had the red hockey mask with the gold "crown" insignia on it that looked like something the goalie from the Swedish hockey team would wear? It kept cracking me up. Andrew's clothing choice this week was top-notch. We're a good-looking bunch, that's for sure.

I favor the "constant use of the helmet" motif these days since J.T. posted that video about how they cushion against headshots - I need all the help I can get.

Why not just use the crew color? You just like the Lime Green better? I've seen pictures of people with neon green Hearses - those look odd.

Ack.  I forgot about the option to specifically choose the crew color.  Weird shit disconnects in your brain at one thirty in the morning.

.A racing bike is literally my first buy when we eventually get expanded garages. Several things I learned from last night, though:

1. I think I'd rather have the Bati 800 or 800RR than the Akuma, to hear you guys talk. I'll trade accelearation for cornering. 

2. Using a fully modded racing bike would be a bad move in certain situations - that race around the train tracks that Rippa won would've been a complete disaster for me if I used a fully modded motorcycle on it - too much power - I would've wrecked 10,000 times. But there are races where the modded motorcycles come in handy.

Cars in races are like golf clubs - I have an Adder and an Entity (bought during the big money days) and I use the Adder for some Super races and the Entity for others depending on how straight or winding the track is. I think we chose no custom vehicles, but I was going to use a stock Sanchez anyway instead of my custom one for Kelvin's Mount Chilliad race a couple of weeks ago, 'cause I knew too much power would get me killed. I suspect the road bikes would work the same way.

I prefer handling to speed 'cause as we all know, races may be won in the straigts but are definitely lost in the turns.  Speed is still important, though

As much as I love not smashing into something when I make a turn and maintaining position, I hate it when I can't muster enough speed to pull away when I am on level road and someone slipstreams behind me and gains ground.

As you say, the best thing to do is pick the proper bike for the proper terrain.  We all paid the price for choosing speed in the last race of the night because the subway tunnel route is tricky as hell even on relatively slower dirt bikes. 

I just had the good fortune to survive the hard turn near Lester's lock-up from the Jewelry Shop Heist where the leaders all wrecked and I didn't miss the two-arrow turn heading through Strawberry towards the Metro tunnel.

Sorry to stout and Andrew for that mission I had to bail out on.  My wife came home right then about ready to explode.  She had a crappy day at work, tried to call me multiple times without me picking up, and then came home to find me playing GTA.  Not a good scenario.  Took me about 20 minutes to convince her that I wasn't ignoring her calls, and that our phone line was really down.  AT&T's crappy customer service (automated phone system said they'd get back to us by Friday evening) fortunately shifted her rage in their direction.

Wish I coulda stuck around for the freemode, but we were going to a workout class together, and I knew better than to press my luck.  Sounds like I missed a good time.

I finally managed to get my platinum medal for sticky bombs during that first normal DM.  JT and I tried to sticky each other at the same time, and I was just a little faster.  I did about 10000 rolls in that last DM I did.  The combat roll really needs to be tweaked.  I've finally got pretty good at it, and it gives a ridiculous advantage in a shotgun only DM.  Rolling isn't very effective at long range, but it's too effective at short ranges.

Well the amusing thing about that deathmatch was that my objective was to kill someone via melee so I was all "I WILL JUST FIND ROBERT!!!!"

I then spent all 10 minutes not finding you and dying at the hands of stout and Andrew

• Like 1

I finally managed to get my platinum medal for sticky bombs during that first normal DM.  JT and I tried to sticky each other at the same time, and I was just a little faster.  I did about 10000 rolls in that last DM I did.  The combat roll really needs to be tweaked.  I've finally got pretty good at it, and it gives a ridiculous advantage in a shotgun only DM.  Rolling isn't very effective at long range, but it's too effective at short ranges.

Yeah, I got owned in the pump shotgun match in El Burro.  Combat Rolls are more effective against pumps than sawed-offs because rolls will throw off the lock-on at medium range and the Mary Lou will kill you dead as you're chambering another shell.

If you've got a sawed-off and are at short range, the spread will kill almost anything in front of you, rolling or otherwise, unless they have full armor..

Well the amusing thing about that deathmatch was that my objective was to kill someone via melee so I was all "I WILL JUST FIND ROBERT!!!!"

I then spent all 10 minutes not finding you and dying at the hands of stout and Andrew

That must've been in the team one.  I know I shot you out of vehicles a couple times in the last match

I think Dan had it as a personal mission to melee kill me in every DM at least once.  I got a lucky kill on him in the last match because I spawned with him in my sights while he was distracted doing a melee attack on somebody else. 

I think Dan had it as a personal mission to melee kill me in every DM at least once.  I got a lucky kill on him in the last match because I spawned with him in my sights while he was distracted doing a melee attack on somebody else. 

I think it was the personal mission of me, Dan, and Rippa to get to you as many times as possible in that team deathmach in the railyard to redeem ourselves after the humbling in El Burro.

Oh I totally should point this out for Melraz

CSC (Chris) who is posting in this thread is DevilSaint in the crew. He was the one we introduced you to on Monday.

• Like 1

That must've been in the team one. I know I shot you out of vehicles a couple times in the last match

I think Dan had it as a personal mission to melee kill me in every DM at least once. I got a lucky kill on him in the last match because I spawned with him in my sights while he was distracted doing a melee attack on somebody else.

It was the one in the shopping district. JT and I spent almost the entire time on rooftops waiting to snipe the othera. Must have gone at least 5 minutes without seeinf any red dots.

And, as God as my witness, I didn't know golf carts could fly until Robert hit me with that damn tractor and send me about 50 feet into the air.

Actually pulling that off was my highlight of the night.  I triggered a speed boost right before I hit you with the tractor, and got rewarded by watching your cart fly over both fences of the track.

I never even finished the GTA version of that track race.   I got the Bronze medal for drive-by kills for shooting Dan and Robert so many times fom behind the wheel.  Dan just hid behind the ramp near the finish line and ambushed people. 

I knew Dan would get me everytime I tried for the last checkpoint in that slow, goddamned airport baggage tram I was driving, so I resigned myself to get as many headshots on him as I could before the race time expired.

I unlocked two tattoos that I've wanted for a while (Broken Skull for Sniper Rifle kills and Skull & Dagger for Bounty kills).... and they are both in the same spot on my right leg so I can't wear them at the same time.  NOOOOOOO~!

I put the Skull & Dagger for my right calf and decided to get the Hottie tattoo I unlocked ages ago for my left calf to sync up with the Brunette Racer tat on my left arm. 

The sad thing about my racing skills last night was that I actually got my best finish (6th place) of the night in the 5 lap GTA race, and I only even completed one lap.

And I had the same problem with those two tattoos.  I got them both at roughly the same time a couple weeks back.  Went with Broken Skull for now at least.  If I ever get 15 more team carriers to unlock the grim reaper, I'll have no place for that either.