DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/23/15

victor

Loved the women's match, as well as Owens/Rusev and Cesaro/Rollins.  I referred to Cesaro/Rollins as the "Battle of the Crossfitters" 

Also, it's hard to boo Stardust when he references Dusty promos like that.  I guess live I'll boo to maintain his heel status, but goddamn I really hope he is given the ball and goes far with it.

Disagree. Parity is never the answer when you're trying to create stars.

I think this is a rare time where even steven booking has a little value, at least at the team level. All 3 factions need to look strong for a little bit until there's a big payoff. I'm fine with BAD going 1-1 this week, but with Sasha getting the decision in the win and Naomi taking the fall in the loss. That's the best way to do it.

I just don't think people will care about a "division" as much as they'd care about one or two stars. Imagine Sasha came up and ran through the entire division then Charlotte and Becky came up to challenge her.

It's too late for that now but they have to be very very careful not to the make the new women seem interchangeable with the old women.

I think they've done a decent job of protecting the NXT women since the call up: none of the has eaten a fall yet, it's been Brie, Paige and Naomi who've been dropping the falls. Which is fine, Paige still has star power, but realistically neither Brie nor Naomi are going to be spearheading the division in the near future.

The Women's match was some good action that gave Sasha some much needed "get to know you" ring time without her eating a fall. I'd assume this might rotate around a bit until the big matches emerge and the pecking order is clear. Hopefully by the time she does her first job it'll mean something. I'm looking forward to Sasha's obvious and eventual betrayal even if they aren't really projecting that just yet.

THEN they can start pushing into the waters they dipped their toe into on NXT. Meaning that the EPICS will come once confidence on the bigger stage is built.

Until then… courage.