DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: NIKKI ROXX (Roxxi Laveaux)

RIPPA

Roxx is awesome. I worked with her way back in 2004, and immediately knew she had tons of potential. A couple years later I was refereeing a match with her vs Mickie Knuckles, and at one point Mickie had Nikki down in a chinlock and I was doing the time-honored "hey, everyone knows you're not gonna submit to this devastating rest hold, but as the referee I've still gotta be right here asking if you quit anyway" deal. Outta nowhere, Nikki just stopped selling for a second and quietly said "Hey ref, you've got a hole in your pants." "...what?!" "Yeah, right there (points)." And of course I had somehow ripped open a hole in my pants, right in the crotch. Only time it's ever happened to me while reffing, so of course it happened in a women's match. Fortunately I was wearing black skivvies underneath black pants so it really didn't show; but still, I spent the rest of the match in an oddly hunched-over position with my arms crossed over my pelvis.

But back on topic: has TNA ever booked anyone worse than poor Roxxi Laveaugh? HOW MANY TIMES did they suddenly, pointlessly fire her? Did she ever get any revenge on the Beautiful People for their shaving her head? Why the hell would Can't-Call-Them-The-New-Age-Outlaws bring her in to be on their side in the first place, when they were doing their misogynist "women don't belong in wrestling" gimmick? And why the hell did they give her the ridiculous Mama Shango voodoo gimmick? No wonder she retired a couple years ago, anyone would quit after being jerked around like that for years.

She had a lot of great matches over the years. Really awesome near 20 minute match against Serena Deeb from WSU is one of my favorites. Some great tags with Ariel in Shimmer, couple real good matches with Rain and Mercedes Martinez in Shine a couple years ago. And my one of my favorite TNA matches of hers against Hamada from the knockouts new years eve 09 show.

Always loved Roxxi.  Hated how she was treated in TNA.  Knew she was done when she called out booking for making her drop the Voodoo Queen gimmick.

Thought she looked cuter with the extreme short hair.  She should've have let it grow out or colored it blonde.