DVDVR Message Board

My Pet Peeve (And yours is?)

OSJ

It's not faster to back into a space, but it is safer.

Backing up is when your visibility is the poorest + When you're in the parking spot is when people are least likely to notice you = Backing out of your parking spot is when you're most likely to have an accident.

I guess that's true but I think consistently inconveniencing everyone around you every single time you park trumps the very slim odds that you may be in an accident backing out of a space.

Of course this is unscientific and I say "very slim odds" because I have never witnessed nor been in a backing out parking lot collision.  ymmv  :)

It's  a battle of the narcissists, isn't it?  "I want to back in and I don't give a shit about making you wait" vs. "why are you parking in such a way that inconveniences me?"

This is quite the contentious point.  I'll just agree that, either way, pull-throughs are the best.

Should also clarify that I wasn't specifically calling you out for that. I can analyze all I want here, but put me in the driver's seat and I'm far less "In the long run, these seconds of my time amount to nothing. I shall use it to meditate on the nature of life." and far more more "GRAAAH WHY ARE YOU INCONVENIENCING ME MURDERKILLSUPLEX"

• Like 1

Pulling in, Backing out, the worst to me is someone who waits for someone to get in their car and pull out to take their spot. It blocks up all traffic as this person waits while the other person puts their bags in their car, kids in, everyone buckled and pulls out. Just keep driving and walk a little extra you lazy bastards.

• Like 2