DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: PERCY WATSON

RIPPA

I thought he was going to be huge. Absolutely huge. The next Santino. He was everything I thought the WWE looked for and just had personality and charisma like you wouldn't believe. I don't get what happened, really. Even if he was just okay in the ring, it wouldn't have mattered because he was just an ideal family friendly comedy character with an easy merch gimmick to boot. There are very few wrestlers I see in developmental and think "This is exactly what WWE wants," but he was one.

No idea what happened here. 

• Like 1

Despite his claims to the contrary he must have some sort of attitude problem or outrageous salary demands.

I happen to pop over to his Facebook page and it's lots of NO RETIRED! JUST WAITING FOR THE CALL!!!

For example

Been waiting for them indy promotions to give me a call. Or TNA... Or WWE... Yes, WWE. The door is open for a return of Percy Watson in WWE. Its all just 1 phone call away.

I liked Percy Watson, but his gimmick was too goofy even for PG WWE with the glasses and all.  If he's sitting there waiting for a call, he might need to rethink things.  No matter wrestling or elsewhere, he should at least look around and try to find something to do in the meantime.  Lowering the salary demands to be more bookable on indy shows would help a ton.  The more he gets out there the better off he's going to be should WWE call him.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't Kofi and Big E been working this gimmick in house shows?

Yes it's Kofi and Big E managed by Xavier Woods

And then don't need to bring in Percy when Titus is already on the roster