DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

24 minutes ago, Basara said:

But the main reason they didn't bring forward Gjallarhorn before was because all the LFG posts demanded people had one for Crota and it excluded people from the game.

This is what happens when you don't playtest a weapon that trivializes gameplay and don't design encounters that can't be beaten without such weapons.

I am a part of an organization that trains Soldiers via distributed computer simulations and one thing we don't do is blame players for gaming the game. 

If that is possible, we've designed a poor scenario so I am more inclined to point the finger at Bungie for inadequate playtesting and crappy level design than I am at players for using what they had at their disposal to maximum effect / minimum effort.

The return of G-Horn just screams, "We don't intend to fix anything, so here is your BFG Crutch of Doom back."

I tried to start quoting and replying and the board/silk locked up...I couldnt/cant delete the text, can't add more replies or quotes unless I type out a new message.

Anyway, im the first to admit the burn out rate on destiny is unreasonably high, especially when you have played it as much as Phil, JT, and myself have.  That being said, theres really more to destiny than crucible, and daily missions.  Yes, I think there needs to be matchmaking for the raids, but you need to be able to vote people out if its a 7 year old, or some asshole trolling, or just plain stupidity.  The Vault of Glass was amazing, crota sucked really bad, but Oryx is a damn fine raid.  Coming together as a team, learning the mechanic and how to counter it, then overcoming the obstacle gives you a wonderful sense of accomplishment.  

The new story arc looks promising.  Lord Saladin (unmasked, spoiler - is he human, exo, awoken? Guess you will have to go look), fighting to and clearing out the new social space, learning about the iron lords...

I have shit all over this game in this thread, probably more than anyone, I shouldnt be the voice of reason here.  Im just saying it was a twitch reveal, very little info was released, especially ith E3 coming next week where Im sure more specific info will be discussed.  Lets not start a dumpster fire thread for bungie/destiny yet.  

I honestly know the feeling on giving bungie more of my money, I doubt anyone has put more money into this game on this board than me. 2 base 360 copies ( one of which was a ghost edition) 2 xb1 copies and two taken king expansions for xb1. I refuse to buy in game currency on principle.

Besides, what else is out there coming down the pipe?  No mans sky? Me4? Call of duty lol?  When are they going to be released again?  I dont see bethesda dropping info on elder scrolls anytime soon, not with fallout4 and doom dropping in the last year.  Rockstar is seemingly working on red dead something, which probably isnt going to be out for im guessing at least another year, probably 2.  GTA would probably need a liberty city expansion to online to get the entire crew back together for something like the TnT golden age/night shift debauchery. Theres not much else waiting in the wings to fill that...for lack of a better term, imagination gap for a while.  Take some time off destiny, I get it, hell dont even look into it at e3.  Check the info out in late august/september and see what you think then.  Ive quit playing it for over a year altogether, phil and jt...not so much, they were much more hardcore than I when it came to everyday playing...hell JT just quit 3 months ago...I was still mother fucking this game at that time.  A piece of me wanted to choke deej and especially that one cocky prick who I cant remember his name atm, with his own small intestines.

My general frustration is more that Bungie has pretty much always made it that unless you have the current expansion - your version of the game is now shit.

That is why it bugged me they went with Taken King instead of just making Destiny 2

I ended up having to cold turkey quit the game to finally make peace with leaving it (being away a week at Christmas was what allowed me to finally do that).

I have played (and finished) more games in the last six months than I did in the year and a half that I played Destiny which is part of the reason I no longer miss the game. 

I do wish my limited friend's list played the same game's I do now but it is what it is.

I have Overwatch for now (along with finishing DA: I's DLC and Tomb Raider)

I also have enough of a back catalog to keep me satisfied for the next 9 months until Mass Effect comes out.

Now having typed all that - I know full well that what is probably going to happen is that I will have some sort of credit floating around in my account and then Sept will hit and I will download the fucking thing and hate play it till Christmas

I already hate myself

I'll be waiting for some more info on how much new content there actually is and the price here. We got screwed over with $40 = £40 with TTK so hopefully they learned their lesson and this will be around £20. I did notice in the stream when he mentioned 'new strikes' he quickly corrected himself and changed it to 'strike and updated old strikes' which isn't a good sign. If they can give us a new strike for free they can certainly give us more than one for $30.

Still, i'll probably be tempted. I can no longer play nothing but Destiny for a few hours a day, i have no idea how people are still dropping 30-40 hours+ a week into this, but when played like a 'normal' game it's pretty fun. I got bored a few months after HoW dropped and started playing other things, same with the TTK where i'd just come back for the limited events they did. And now with the spring update it's got back to that. I played it a bunch for a few weeks after it dropped, now i just knock out the CoE each week which take about 3 hours total across the 3 characters. I'll jump on for a bit if i've got friends on but its back to being casual for me. I can justify £20-30 a year for a month or two of solid playing if there's enough content there.

If they stick with what they've done for the past year i'll be happy. A big update in September (either DLC or sequel) free events every couple of months with a small, free update in April. But every time they release something new they seem to completely change everything so we will see.

Okay, so I just opened the thread back up to reply and the last message I sent was in the text box as seen below 

Idk why there's such a hate/hate relationship between this kindle and the board but oh well....im not backspacing this shit for ten minutes, so deal with it.

Destiny servers are fucked atm...good job on that maintenance yesterday bungie, you sure fixed some shit.

U dont really need to read below this line

------------------------

The social aspect of destiny is a part of what keeps bringing me back. I still have the final dlc for skyrim I havent completed, rdr and undead nightmare, DA:I which I never got past the character creation stage with

I tried to start quoting and replying and the board/silk locked up...I couldnt/cant delete the text, can't add more replies or quotes unless I type out a new message.

Anyway, im the first to admit the burn out rate on destiny is unreasonably high, especially when you have played it as much as Phil, JT, and myself have.  That being said, theres really more to destiny than crucible, and daily missions.  Yes, I think there needs to be matchmaking for the raids, but you need to be able to vote people out if its a 7 year old, or some asshole trolling, or just plain stupidity.  The Vault of Glass was amazing, crota sucked really bad, but Oryx is a damn fine raid.  Coming together as a team, learning the mechanic and how to counter it, then overcoming the obstacle gives you a wonderful sense of accomplishment.  

The new story arc looks promising.  Lord Saladin (unmasked, spoiler - is he human, exo, awoken? Guess you will have to go look), fighting to and clearing out the new social space, learning about the iron lords...

I have shit all over this game in this thread, probably more than anyone, I shouldnt be the voice of reason here.  Im just saying it was a twitch reveal, very little info was released, especially ith E3 coming next week where Im sure more specific info will be discussed.  Lets not start a dumpster fire thread for bungie/destiny yet.  

I honestly know the feeling on giving bungie more of my money, I doubt anyone has put more money into this game on this board than me. 2 base 360 copies ( one of which was a ghost edition) 2 xb1 copies and two taken king expansions for xb1. I refuse to buy in game currency on principle.

Besides, what else is out there coming down the pipe?  No mans sky? Me4? Call of duty lol?  When are they going to be released again?  I dont see bethesda dropping info on elder scrolls anytime soon, not with fallout4 and doom dropping in the last year.  Rockstar is seemingly working on red dead something, which probably isnt going to be out for im guessing at least another year, probably 2.  GTA would probably need a liberty city expansion to online to get the entire crew back together for something like the TnT golden age/night shift debauchery. Theres not much else waiting in the wings to fill that...for lack of a better term, imagination gap for a while.  Take some time off destiny, I get it, hell dont even look into it at e3.  Check the info out in late august/september and see what you think then.  Ive quit playing it for over a year altogether, phil and jt...not so much, they were much more hardcore than I when it came to everyday playing...hell JT just quit 3 months ago...I was still mother fucking this game at that time.  A piece of me wanted to choke deej and especially that one cocky prick who I cant remember his name atm, with his own small intestines.

Yup - another reminder why I hate this game

So I started watching G-Horn reaction videos (since they used them in that video)

And some fucking beat Atheon and got a G-Horn, Mythoclast AND Atheon's Epilogue all in one drop

• Like 1

I got a Mythoclast on my very first VoG clear.  Once, I got double Mythoclasts, somehow.

Meanwhile, one of my clanmates NEVER GOT IT.  He was a Beta player.  I can't even imagine that.

I never had a drop like that one in the video you mentioned. I'd say my best run was with my then newly created Hunter. I used to have 2 Warlocks (to double up on raid gear drops) but deleted one to make a Hunter when HoW came out. I spent the week before completing the story missions and leveling up ready for the new content. In the space of 2 hours i ran a VoG and a level 28 Prison, Ended up getting a Fatebringer and Mythoclast from the Vault and a Gjallarhorn as the guaranteed first exotic drop from the prison. Granted i'd already got those items by that point but that's a pretty insane amount of quality drops in a short space of time.

Gjallarhorn was never a problem for me. I got my first one about 2 months after i started playing. And probably only 1 month after i started running Nightfalls and raids. I ended up with 4 by the end of year one. Weirdly the one exotic that never dropped for me was Universal Remote. I had to buy it from Xur a few months after House of Wolves dropped. Back then i was doing VoG, Crota and the nightfalls 3 times a week for 15 shots at exotics. I had more No Land Beyonds, Dragons Breaths and Thunderlords than i knew what to do with. But no stupid shotgun.

My other unnecessarily rare gun was Light of the Abyss, the Corta's End fusion rifle. To this day after 46 Crota's End runs I've only had 1 drop.

I had a couple raids where the total from the whole thing was great but not from a single instance (in this case the completion)

Of course - I think I got 8 Icebreakers and I know someone around here never got one

I had to buy my Icebreaker.  I never got one as a drop. 

I still remember that one asshole that placed dead last in points in one of our Control teams that got an Icebreaker while I came in second and didn't get jack shit..

To be fair, I was that one asshole that got my first G-Horn after placing fourth in points in Clash.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I liked that dude since he sent you a message saying he didn't deserve his drop 

Yeah, I liked that guy too.  I think I was more angry at the drop rate than him. 

I got a lot of hate PMs when I got the new IB ship as a drop during one of the times when Clash was the match type for the Banner, but I earned it because I was the top killer by miles. 

I had just figured out how to tether and do the Dark Drinker super thingie to murder entire groups of players..I hated using Nightstalker in PVE up until that point.

So freaking close to getting that hard mode Oryx kill! We had 2 guys we'd never played with before with us. One guy had never stepped foot in the raid, normal or hard, 2 more had never tried hard before and none of us had finished hard mode. We smashed through it till the end. One and done with the Warpriest, 3 for Golgoroth and 4 for the Daughters. We had probably 10 cracks at Oryx and came so god damn close 4 times in a row at the end before the time zone difference ruined our fun. We even detonated all 16 orbs twice. The first time to many people died getting back to the center and we didn't have enough people alive to stagger him for the 1% and the second time for some reason after detonating 16 orbs he didn't take any damage. He glitched or must have shut his chest at the last second. Either way, very annoying!

He definitely doesn't feel unbeatable on hard now everyone is 330+ instead of around 310. Hopefully there will be enough people on tomorrow night to finish it before reset. It's the only thing I've really got left to do in Destiny until the new content drops.

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier with the bombs not causing any damage.  It's gotta be a glitch of some kind.  Really pissed us all off, and it took us another 45 minutes to get it right again after that.

I was kinda proud because I ended up defacto running a group of randoms on that one, and we pulled it off without using the "2 Defenders in mid melting Ogres" meta, because we only had one Titan.

That Spindle mission is still a challenge even after the light increase. We helped a guy through we play with last time it was the daily. We were both 335 and he was around 290 and you still take a beating in that final room. 

We played it a little different to how we did it the first time. Rather than add control/boss damage/repeat we just rushed the boss and smashed him with Razor Lighter and Truths then cleared up the adds for the remaining few minutes.

Hopefully there's some more stuff like that in the new expansion. I like that you actually earned top tier exotics like A Touch of Malice, The Spindle, Simulent and No Time to Explain. It gives everyone a chance to get them without having to rely on RNG. They've already confirmed the Gjallarhorn is a quest. As long as there's no tedious material farming like the sword quests had. And I'd rather them not be time gated.

The (hard mode) King is dead!

We marched back in there with a guy we haven't played with for months and a random off LFG and kicked his ass on attempt #4. All 4 times we got to the 16 orb phase, the first 3 times Destiny was Destiny and various bullshit happened but 4th times a charm and hes floating his way into Saturn as we speak. I got shat on in the loot department, another 320 auto rifle, another 335 machine gun and another pair of 320 gloves. Nothing i needed but i was really just doing it for the kill. Wasn't all bad though, i got an exotic special which finally decoded into the Zen Meteor, the only exotic I was missing.

That's Destiny and its expansions 100%ed now. I wouldn't mind taking out Oryx again in a week on his challenge mode as its the only one i haven't done and i want that ship!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Raze Lighter fucks those damn captains.

Raze lighter fucks nearly everything

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I love watching you guys talk about this game.  I wish I still gave a crap about Destiny but I don't.

Take a break, you deserve it guardian.  We will need you again.

So there's a new patch today. Some good, some bad, some hilariously broken!

The good: Nearly all supers have been buffed in some way. Things like the Golden Gun and Void Bomb have had 100%+ increase in damage in PVE. Arc Blade got some decent tweaks to make it usable too.

The Bad: Nearly all grenades have been nerfed. Trip mines no longer sticking to enemies being the big one. Bungie claim they were never supposed to stick to people yet there's a medal for it in the Crucible i believe. If that's the case, why has it taken nearly 2 years to be addressed?

The Hilariously: The patch has apparently broken the Crucible. People are invisible and guns do 2 damage.

Other things of note. Omnigul is finally the Nightfall again and it has solar burn so farming the Grasp of Malok (or the Omnigul Bond) is incredibly easy. You get to the point where Omnigul first appears (not the boss fight) kill her and wipe. She still drops the same loot as the boss version. We went in with 2 hunters with the 6x Golden Gun helm and you can pretty much 2 shot her. She had about 5% health left after we both hit the GG. The Golden Gun is insane in there. With the Solar Burn buff on a tethered enemy and the Celestial Nighthawk i was doing over 900k damage! We killed Omnigul 10 times before actually finishing the strike in about an hour. We each got 2 Grasps and 1 bond all at 335.

The weekly (heroic) Strikes now have modifiers again so they are no longer just a more tedious version of the normal strikes. There's arc burn this week which could make some very easy, and others a nightmare.