DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bungie will be officially announcing the Rise of Iron DLC next Thursday (June 9)

I'm guessing this is going to be closer to a Taken King like paid expansion to keep people happy until Destiny 2 next year. I'm hoping they stick with the current system from the spring update instead of completely changing it like they've done with each expansion so far. Multiple ways to get end game gear from soloable content to 6 man raids and drops that actually improve as you go along. As good as TTK was for a content boost it's gotta be the worst loot system they've done so far where as the free update, while only having a couple of new things to do, was the best.

Destiny is so much more fun when you can stick in 2 or 3 hours a week and still accomplish something. As apposed to sticking in 2-3 hours into a single raid and getting nothing.

I was kinda bored, didnt have anyone on to play with so I downloaded an lfg app and said screw it...

I finally beat kings fall on hard.  

It was the first time ive really tried it since october.  God...its so much easier when you dont have to teach everyone what to do.  That was a huge part of why I quit playing destiny.  I really enjoy doing the raids, but mother fucker...I hate randoms that just wont listen to instruction, and then you teach them how to do it and they leave.  

I got lucky with lfg.  I got with a group that had their shit together, didnt have to teach anyone anything, they already knew what to do.  

I got so much loot...3 primaries, 2 ghosts, 2 specials, 2 artifacts, a cloak, boots, helmet and chest armor.  Not to mention the emblem and ship.

Today, bungie wasnt much of a dick

Did the raid on my titan and warlock.  I was able to get my titan up to 335 from various drops, but my warlock is still stuck at 334.  For some reason I didnt get shit until we killed oryx (hey, its destiny, this shit happens), and then it was just 320 and 334 gear.

6 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Did the raid on my titan and warlock.  I was able to get my titan up to 335 from various drops, but my warlock is still stuck at 334.  For some reason I didnt get shit until we killed oryx (hey, its destiny, this shit happens), and then it was just 320 and 334 gear.

They add a bit of the old grind back in when you hit 334. Up until then the drops are always higher than your current total light but once you hit 334-335 the drops can be either 334 or 335. I've been 335 for a few weeks now and Variks still thinks I'd like 334 gear for clearing up his mess in the prison. Still, it's the best loot system they've had so far.

If you still need gear, or infusion fodder, the Challenge of Elders is incredibly easy this week. You could solo it and still clear the 90k points in two runs.

• Like 1

If the 'leaks' are to be believed (i'm pretty sure a lot of them are intentional at this point) pre ordering Rise of Iron gets you an Iron Gjallarhorn.

From the looks of it there's a new patrol area along with new missions, quests and a raid. The story seems to be about the Fallen releasing and being infected by a plague that Saladin and the Iron Lords had stopped previously. 

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - it appears that the expansion will only be for current gen and not for PS3/360

If true - JT is definitely done with the game

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I think September 2016 was the original date for Destiny 2, and the end of the last gen versions of the games, so they've stuck to the same timeframe.

I'm not expecting RoI to look or play drastically different to the current version, it'll be using the same game engine after all, but limitations that the last gen put on things like vault space, game modes and the amount of players in an activities might be addressed now. At least that's what they claimed was holding some changes back.

I wonder how this will affect the content available to PS3/360 players. Will they gradually be locked of of more and more strike and crucible lists like the original Destiny is?

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - it appears that the expansion will only be for current gen and not for PS3/360

If true - JT is definitely done with the game

I was done like three months ago, but never ruled out picking it up again and grinding out light levels.

If the above is true, I'll be trading in my copy for store credit shortly after the official announcement.

Honestly - I really don't know why I haven't deleted the game yet

I mean it's not gonna get anymore of my money (which I already put too much of it into) and as history has shown - the game becomes virtually unplayable if you don't have he lastest expansion

I thought the weapon should stay out of pure iconic status, but didn't miss it when it was out of the game.

Obviously enough people whined about G-Horn that they brought it back.  Good call, but the wishy-washy shit just shows that the devs have no fucking idea about how to manage the content of the game. 

Destiny really does have the worst implementation administration of any franchise ever.  Nearly every decision Bungie has made concerning Destiny has truly baffled me.

Theres still weird error codes at inopportune moments, drops are questionable certainly...but it has improved drastically from what it was at launch.  Connectivity issues aside, destiny has fantastic playability.  There needs to be more content though.  If Bungie is going to put out a "game" every year, there needs to be more content than 3-4 story missions and a stike.  Im talking 4-5 strikes, a raid, and 12 or more story missions, let alone crucible maps.

I like the iron banner now...and thats saying a lot after rage quiting the game for six months after that radegast fury incident, and taking all year one weapons and being competitive in year 2 ib.

Im interested again, we will see how long that lasts though.. I guess I will have a better handle on it in a couple hours from now.

2 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

If Bungie is going to put out a "game" every year,

We've had a new game after every major DLC.  Gameplay mechanics have diverged wildly since launch.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I thought the weapon should stay out of pure iconic status, but didn't miss it when it was out of the game.

Obviously enough people whined about G-Horn that they brought it back.  Good call, but the wishy-washy shit just shows that the devs have no fucking idea about how to manage the content of the game. 

Destiny really does have the worst implementation administration of any franchise ever.  Nearly every decision Bungie has made concerning Destiny has truly baffled me.

I guess they've stuck to what they said, that there would be no Year Two version. Technically Rise of Iron kicks off Year Three. But the main reason they didn't bring forward Gjallarhorn before was because all the LFG posts demanded people had one for Crota and it excluded people from the game. Lets ignore the fact they could just have had Xur sell it at any point. They didn't want people to just pick one weapon over all others and stick with it. And i guess it worked out. A Gjallarhorn in King's Fall would be next to useless (hell, in some places it would probably get you killed) and while it would cook bosses in the Challenge of Elders, burning them down would ruin your score and stop you from getting the loot anyway. 

I'm torn on it. A lot of the Year One exotics and raid weapons felt special but at the same time they were over powered and you wouldn't use anything else. The downside to that is the Year Two exotics don't really feel 'exotic' and the raid weapons are nothing special.

Oh that is a definite Fuck No

I have said this before - the game I have used to have spend the most money on was ME3 and that was around $120 and is one of my all time favorite games.

I have spent I think $150 on Destiny.

Destiny is not ME3

• Like 2