DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Oh, almost forgot. I hate EBS.  Would be a lot easier to use blueprints as a Glimmer sink and

buy Y1 EWs for the lore & shard them rather than suffer through the discovery process via activies no one does anymore.

I know you love your Lore J.T. I recommend reading The Book of Sorrows. Its a 50 part grimoire set obtained through collecting 50 Calcified Fragments on the Dreadnought. Some are kicking about like dead Ghosts, others you get from solving puzzles or killing certain enemies. Anyway, they tell the back story of the Hive, Oryx and Crota. With a few other interesting things popping up along the way. Well worth a read.

http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/books-of-sorrow

edit:i somehow screwed up the link? just google Book of Sorrows Destiny and it will be right there. I'll fix it later!

• Like 1

Yeah, I have been following the TTK Dead Ghost and Calcified Fragments thread at the Bungie forums for a while now, but I thought that the Eris needed the fragments for something else.  Had no idea they were tied to the Book of Sorrows stuff.

Thanks, Basara!

I got a sublime engram the other day but the gauntlets were 275 so I dismantled them. Are they useful for something?

Not so much useful, more for collecting. They contain the PlayStation exclusive gear. Although I've had some good rolls on mine. The gloves are the best, non exotic, ones I've got so far at 290 and while the chest wasn't great at 285 it does have the arc resistant perk for Nightfalls so I'll probably infuse it up. The bond had Vanguard boost too, but again, not as good as my other Vanguard bond.

I've had 5 so far in 10 days. Though I foolishly sharded the spare arms before I remembered I could open them on other characters and get their gear. I imagine the helm will be a bitch to get though. When you're down to only needed one piece of something I find this game likes to screw you over!

Yeah, I have been following the TTK Dead Ghost and Calcified Fragments thread at the Bungie forums for a while now, but I thought that the Eris needed the fragments for something else. Had no idea they were tied to the Book of Sorrows stuff.

Thanks, Basara!

I think they are needed for the A touch of Malice quest too. But I've not unlocked it yet. I've found 17 so far, but I gave in and just read the book online since it will take me forever to gather all 50.

Not working for an Japanese intermodal transportation company in over a decade has caused me to forget the dates of the Asian holidays I used to know by heart.  

Today is Day 1 of the Mid-Autumn Festival in South Korea so it looks like we will knock off early for the next couple of nights.

I should be getting out of here by 4AM today and tomorrow morning with a normal 0000 - 0800 on Sunday night / Monday Morning, so in an hour or so I will get back to the grind before passing out for a bit.

Xur's selling the Hawkmoon for those Xbox players among us who didn't get it from their deceptive engram. Or PS players who just got screwed with RNG for year one. He's also got Ruin Wings, Light Beyond Nemesis and the new Ahamkara hunter gloves.

I'll take me some new Hunter gloves and wait and see what the drop rate with Three of Coins is now.

I realized this morning that I really need to read up better on how exactly the Exotics and more specifically the blueprints work.

I got Hawkmoon already but it is a Year One (and I have the same issue with Ruin Wings)

So I realized I want to understand the system better - so I can decide if it is actually better to just buy the Year Two versions or do whatever it is to upgrade the Year One

I also finally understood last night how exactly the keys/runes work on the Dreadnaught

So I did everything necessary to unlock the Sunbreaker chest.

Ended up over in the Court of Oryx when dudes where fighting that Fanatic of Crota dude. Yeah - I was so underpowered for that. He was never beaten (at least in the 5 attempts I stuck around for). It did help me work on a lot of the steps I needed for random quests with all the killing I did.

I've not really used the kiosks but from what I understand:

If you own the Year One version you can purchase the Year Two for 150 marks and 2500 glimmer. If you already own an exotic and want to buy another for whatever reason (or you sharded one and want to re-buy it) I think it costs an exotic shard and 2500 glimmer. Not 100% sure on the glimmer costs but it's around those numbers.

So if you want a Year Two Hawkmoon or Ruin Wings id buy them from them from Xur since it's a lot easier to get 23 or 13 strange coins than it is to get 300 marks.

I like the option.  Like this week and Hawkmoon.  I had a year one Hawkmoon for a long time and while it was a good gun that was fun to use and useful in PvP, I just didn't use it as much as Thorn in that instance and I didn't use it much in PvE because of the badass elemental primaries like the VoC and Fatebringer.  So right now I'm going to pass on it because I don't know whether I might want to blow a ton of strange coins on something in a few weeks or something like that.  It's just nice to know I can pass on it and not have to worry about never getting the opportunity to get it again. 

I spent every strange coin I had last week on the Three of Coins and in one week's time I'm back up to 92 coins.  I was on the fence about getting more but I'm definitely going to grab a bunch.  I might even hold onto some engrams for a while in the vault for when I hit 300.  I managed to upgrade a couple things last night in my limited time playing and got to 296.  I still don't really understand Court of Oryx. 

I am probably going to pass on buying either straight away right now

I got a legendary Hand Cannon that is 295 and is doing the job for me at the moment.

And since I would rather keep my Helm of Inmost Light on - I would be buying the Year 2 Ruin Wings just for the sake of getting them instead of using the blueprints later.

I also totally forgot I had the Last Word Crucible Quest - God that is going to be fucking tough now that everyone has better gear. I am almost thinking I need to buy a Year 2 Last Word just to do it.

Court of Oryx.

So far I haven't had anything drop there that's improved me. I did get a purple engram, but that was from a random enemy, not a boss. I think I just started it too late and have surpassed the gear that drops at tier 1 and 2. Granted I haven't tried my hand at a tier 3 yet.

Last Word quest.

I read something interesting to make it very easy, if time consuming. You get 3% for a win apparently. So you just play Crucible as normal with your weapons of choice. If it's looking like a win, wait until there are only a few 100 points to go, equip the last word and collect your free 3%. It just means it will take 34 wins in the Crucible to finish.

I might try a combination of that, equipping The Last Word when I have heavy to get some cheap kills, then sticking it back on at the end for the free win %. Will probably still take weeks, especially since I haven't touched the Crucible since TTK came out aside from some dailies. But I'm in no rush.

Edit: goddamn it! Beaten by EVA two days in a row now!

Yeah - totally didn't pay attention to what the ultimate reward was for Amanda's quest line

This will be my mission this weekend.

The toughest will probably be the kill shot on the Shield Brothers - since I am sure that will get stolen from me

The only shitty thing about the Jolly Holiday quest line is that the gun for Titan is apparently garbage. I'm sure I will still do it but it's just meh.

I though it was The Chaperone regardless of character?

I thought the Titan gets an autorifle.