DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well shit. I take my woman to the doctors so that she can get some blood work done and I sit down to get some gaming in while she is resting and look what happens?

Back to grinding achievements in Sleeping Dogs until 2PM EST.

So i just played my first IB game of the TTK. It joined me in mid game on the loosing side of a massively one sided fight. I've not played crucible since TTK was out, aside from a couple of dailies for legendary marks. That new Titan super, that's getting nerfed right? I mean it must have been in this update, they just forgot to tell us? because they basically get the equivalent of 6 nova bombs that they can rapid fire off?

I already hate the Iron Banner again.

Edit. 3 games, 3 mid match joins. 3 massively one sided beatings. I just quit out of the last 2 without even bothering to try. Great going with the matchmaking Bungie!

Had a better time after the initial 4 games. Some of the guys were online so we formed up a team of 4 and went on a 7-2 rampage. Knocked out all the daily bounties pretty quickly and finished up the 13 games/7 wins weekly bounty too. I'll be holding onto that until Monday when the rep is worth twice as much.

Ended up finishing one game into rank 2 and received the Warlock Iron Banner bond. I don't know if its a guaranteed drop at rank 2 or if i was just lucky but its also a lot better than the one hes selling at 293 (as apposed to 280). I can wear it and still be 300.

Ooof - all these new bounties are wacky

I guess I will do the FWC Crucible stuff on the dailys (since the Daily is Control)

And then buy the IB shit to get the bonus there.

Thankfully I still have million million shader

So, in an effort to play the Iron Banner as little as possible I've done some maths. This is all assuming the buffs are the same as last time (daily increase and 100% bonus for alts).

Each bounty is now 125 rep. There are 9 different bounties a week, so far we've had 5 different ones across 2 days. The tempered buff on Monday, along with the shader, class item and emblem, used to be worth 232%. So a 125 bounty will be worth 415 rep, that's 830 per bounty on your alternate characters providing your main is rank 4-5 at this point. If you complete all 9 bounties and hand them in on Monday your alt will get a massive 7470 rep! Putting it at around rank 4.5. So far the bounties have been achievable over the course of 3-4 games, if you can collect all 9 throughout the week then do them in one go you could probably level an alt up to rank 5 just by playing for an hour on Monday.

What's more, the weekly bounties will be worth 3486 each on your alts on Monday!

Plenty of ways to level up 3 characters with a time budget. This is all assuming the rep increase continues at the same rate as previous Iron Banners.

The downside to all this is you have to have enough marks to buy the gear for your alts since you won't be playing enough games to get them as rewards. Ideally your main should get all of his as end game rewards while ranking up to level 5 the old fashioned way.

Honestly - my only priority with this first run is to get the new emblems, shaders, etc... so I can be fully geared up for the next time around.

If I happen to have enough marks to buy something - great.

Of course - I wouldn't have had as big of issue with marks if, again, I didn't have to waste 75 on a FWC mark

I still am amazed that I am a far better player in IB than I am in regular Crucible

I'm still trying to figure out what the incentive is to play Iron Banner. The gear you can buy is garbage.

I want my Titan to look like a knight! But yeah, the gear he's selling is disappointing. At least the stuff that drops has a chance of being 300. I'm guessing Trials gear on Friday will be the 300-310 drop rate.

Weird that they would bring back IB and ToO the same week but I'm guessing the Iron Banner will be a little less competitive over the weekend when all the die hards move over to Trials.

I'll be hitting up Trials for sure.  I raided last night with my Titan.  Didn't get shit.  Shards from the first two chests, shards from the Warpriest, gauntlest from Golgoroth when I already had 309 gauntlets, shards from daughters, and another gauntlet and pulse rifle from Oryx when I already had the pulse rifle at a higher light and better perks.  I did get an exotic chest engram to drop though but it ended up being 290.  I at least used my second pulse rifle to get my Apple of Discord pulse rifle up to 304 which will be what I use in Trials most likely.  So my Titan is still sitting at 304.  Damn 296 legendary boots and a 298 legendary helmet.  At some point I'm going to just grind the strike playlist with 3oC and see if I can get some 310 exotics to drop.  Perhaps I will get lucky and snag some boots in Trials. 

A crappy night of Bannering. 4-3 but i think i only went positive once all night. Still, the wins were well placed around the losses to maximize the medallions and with the 3 daily bounties i'm about half way into rank 2. I'll ideally hit rank 3 tomorrow and if i can get half way to rank 4 on Friday, handing in a couple of weekly bounties on Monday with the buff should hit 5. If my pyramid scheme of rep gain is correct i can play for an hour or so on the Titan on Saturday, and an hour or so on the Hunter on Sunday, hand in all the bounties on the Monday and profit. The only problem will be legendary marks. I currently need 380 to buy all the gear i am missing and i'm on 175. I don't think there are enough dailies and weeklies left to do this week to make up the difference so i'm going to have to hope some more armor or a weapon drops for me at some point.

Hey! I finally got 4th Horseman from a ToC drop.

That leaves me with just the other 2 PoE exotics to finish out my Y1 arsenal. I've still got 15 keys across my characters, but I'm just not sure I can bring myself to grind the prison for those.

Hey! I finally got 4th Horseman from a ToC drop.

That leaves me with just the other 2 PoE exotics to finish out my Y1 arsenal. I've still got 15 keys across my characters, but I'm just not sure I can bring myself to grind the prison for those.

If you can get a team i think this weeks 34 is perfect for it. If i remember right it's the one with 3 bosses. So not only do you have the chance at getting your missing HoW exotic from the chest but you get 3 chances at a ToC exotic drop each run through. And you'll get enough strange coins as rewards and opening the big chest to replace the ones you spent on buying the Three of Coins in the first place.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks the new emotes kinda suck? Not a single one of them looks any good to me. I had high hopes for the baseball swing, but no, even that is lame.

Now, give me a Morris Day and the Time dance and I'll give you all my money.

Am I the only one who thinks the new emotes kinda suck? Not a single one of them looks any good to me. I had high hopes for the baseball swing, but no, even that is lame.

Now, give me a Morris Day and the Time dance and I'll give you all my money.

I've not used my free Silver yet but there are a couple I like the look of. And they're free so why not. Nothing there (and probably never will be) that I'd spend real money on though.