DVDVR Message Board

MTV Shows Thread

RonL21

Is that trailer the first time we actually hear one of the girls admit that they are trying to sleep their way to a victory?  This really has the potential to be the best season ever, the way these people panic when their name comes up in eliminations is always hilarious, and a random drawing seems like all of their worst nightmares.  I really hope these drawings are more "random" than random and we finally get the CT v. Zach deathmatch.

There's also the potential for CT vs Johnny again where Johnny shits his pants flashing back to when CT wore him like a backpack. I hope we get some squash matches though. CT vs Chet immediately comes to mind. It would be like if Ogre fought Lewis Skolnick.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been entertained by this season of the Real World. They struck gold with Brian and Jenny. I wouldn't be shocked if the ex-plosion concept came from meeting them in the casting process. This Brian is an all timer in the wacked out of his skull catagory. He's up there with the guy who liked to hold a hair dryer on himself. I love those guys.

If you're a fan of the Challenge this season should be almost required viewing. I think we'll see like 6 Challenge regulars come out out of this season. Jenny, Jaime, Cory, Tom, Jay, and Brian all seem like locks to appear at some point. Maybe Paula will "pass the torch" to Jenny.

The boring people this season, the lesbians. I didn't care about or even really buy into their relationship. This poor Jenna disappointed me by staying with that Jay dork. She really should have taught him a lesson.

I kind of had a turn around on Cory as the season progressed. Dumb jock pussy hound to decent enough dude. I'm sure I'll be let down by his fight with Brian tonight like I am with 95% of RW fights.

Daria may be the ultimate example of a spin off being superior to its original show. (Depends on how highly you rank Frasier, I guess.)

I was too young to really ever see Cheers, but Daria is sooo much better that B &B (especially the first seasons before she had the awful boyfriend), that I think it wins only because the gap is much bigger than between Cheers and Frasier. . .

So the reunion was decent. Kinda shocking Jenny and Brian got back together after all that madness. Then we learn that Jenny had a rough childhood and shit starts to add up. I gotta give it to her in that she was far and away the most "real" person this season. Well except for those boobs.

Jaime and Tom have no shot going forward so sorry Jaime. I can't believe they couldn't get that ex of hers to even show up at the reunion and cause some drama.

Oh poor Jay. HAHAHAHAHA. What a complete and total moron. You could see he looked like he wanted to cry when that host got into him and Jenna breaking up. He had no chance with the shit they showed on TV combined with all the attention she is now surely getting.

Lastly Corey might have said something dumb at the end there calling the Challenge easy. Those "veterans" pick up on every little thing and will surely not like this guy who never did the Challenge calling it easy.

Hopefully this inspires more talk about a show that's been off the air for like 15 years.

Tonight is the night.  Matter of fact this week has been the week, Wrestlemania, Game of Thrones, Justified finale, and the MOTHERFUCKING CHALLENGE. 

Any predictions going in?  I think this season has the potential to be great with the every man for themself format.  Some of these people are scared to death about ever going into an elimination, but they won't have the ability to talk their way out of it this time.  I predict that Leroy makes it to the final for the guys and Laurel destroys everyone for the girls, but Cara Maria will make the final.

I like Leroy a ton and think his house game is strong, but he isn't the best when it comes to challenges or eliminators. Cara Maria is way too emotionally unstable to make it to the finals on her own, but she could certainly luck into it. I do think Laurel takes it in a walk, though. For the guys, I'll go chalk and say CT wins it and I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnny get eliminated early on. On his last challenge, CT showed me a lot. His house game is really good, he's improved at puzzle challenges and he's deadly in any other challenges, and he's near unstoppable in eliminators.

CHET, YOU PUSSY! Ugh, he gives a bad name to Bill Paxton's Chet in Weird Science. Seriously, you had a cut on your chin and you JUST stopped Frank. He saw blood and freaked out. Whomever it was that asked what was Chet thinking when he came onto the show got it 100% right. 

I loved that this season continued the tradition of cast members saying the most obvious things that just parrots what was already described and they always seem to go to Cara Maria for that spot.

And the draw is hardly luck of the draw. If you're the first person to pick, your odds of not getting the kill card are much better than they would be for anyone else, so how is the order picked? The name should just be picked out of a hat.

Yeah I think this is goodbye for Chet. Most anyone who would stick up for him seems to be gone from the Challenge world. It's odd for me seeing some people I have no idea who they are. I didn't watch one episode of Portland and maybe half of St. Thomas.

The vote was interesting in that TJ had to remind everyone that this is an individual game and you can really vote for whoever. I think the new format is going to cause some confusion for this crew of rocket scientists.

I can't figure out Laurel. Sometimes she looks really, really pretty and other times she looks like she got hit by a bus.

It's amazing for quickly Jordan (with one fucking hand) has risen in the dude ranks. He's gotta be just behind CT and Zack in the power rankings.

I think Chet also quit because he's got no heart and knew he was going to lose. I like Frank but he's way more interesting when drinking. Judging by the preview clips they showed I don't think there are any big fights this season. Sucks I love a good reality tv scuffle.

Swift jumping into the pile was amazing though. He earned points from me there. CT with the Larry Bird game winner was awesome. 

You are clearly underplaying Theresa's all around inside out game.  CT hit some impressive jumpers, but she took him to the hole over and over again and looked like she had legit skills.  The premiere was mostly set up, but I think shit is going to get real pretty damn quick.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a fun episode. You gotta feel bad for Brandon as he had zero point zero chance of winning. I wonder it any of those dudes would have forfeited vs Zack there.

I gotta believe Aneesa is tight with the producers at this point. She's gross and seemingly friends with nobody. Laurel makes a pretty great heel. I wonder if she's rubbing off on Jordan as he's going from one handed hero to self inflated douche pretty quickly.

I'm liking this format. We're getting the old guard/new guard dynamic with Johnny/CT and Jordan/Zack. It's gonna be interesting to see if the house begins to turn on the vets going forward. Still a lot of dead weight to go through though.

That was a fun episode. You gotta feel bad for Brandon as he had zero point zero chance of winning. I wonder it any of those dudes would have forfeited vs Zack there.

I gotta believe Aneesa is tight with the producers at this point. She's gross and seemingly friends with nobody. Laurel makes a pretty great heel. I wonder if she's rubbing off on Jordan as he's going from one handed hero to self inflated douche pretty quickly.

I'm liking this format. We're getting the old guard/new guard dynamic with Johnny/CT and Jordan/Zack. It's gonna be interesting to see if the house begins to turn on the vets going forward. Still a lot of dead weight to go through though.

You're right, Aneesa is the worst.  Just ahead of Danny from Austin.

Bananas is basically a producer of the show. How does he keep getting invited back?! He's just soooo boring.

Cara Maria is a beast, and most likely would win this season...... if it wasn't for Laurel.