DVDVR Message Board

So…whatdja get?!??? (2023 Edition)

TimLivingston

2 hours ago, brynn9292 said:

Oh, you have no idea how convenient a cup holder on a crutch is, especially for someone like me who uses them 99% of the time!

So does it, like, hold the beverage without spilling even when you're walking with the crutch? That would require some clever engineering, I would think.

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

So does it, like, hold the beverage without spilling even when you're walking with the crutch? That would require some clever engineering, I would think.

Yeah, so it’s a small little bag/pouch/purse type thing that hangs off the handle of my forearm crutches. I can tie it to the shaft of the crutches underneath the handle so it doesn’t bounce around when I walk with them. I can carry essentials in it like my phone, keys, etc plus it’s got a spot big enough to carry a 20oz bottle of Coke/Pepsi/water/whatever that’s on the side of it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

For real though, I didn’t get much but I didn’t want much. I got the Marvel Multiverse RPG guide and Kang expansion so I’ll be hitting up @SirFozzie for some advice or help on that. I got the complete MCU timeline coffee table book which is cool as fuck since I love the MCU. Some MCU Funkos, a Doctor Who shirt that has EVERY Doctor on it including the Tennant bigeneration Doctor and Gatwa, Adventure Time pajamas, and a Rocketbook which if you don’t know what it is, look it up because it’s cool as hell.

Most of my fun and my wife’s fun comes from watching the kids open up their stuff. My youngest turned 2 in August and she seemed to really get Christmas this year and had a blast. My oldest is 13 and she got a bunch of cool nerdy shit. I did say this would be the last year we went overboard on everyone just because I think we get them so much stuff and maybe 1/4 of it they remember and the rest is just extra stuff, but my wife and I can’t help but spoil them.

Just today I’m starting to try and pick up the mess from Christmas to try to reclaim my living room and family room, but when there’s so much stuff for the kids, it’s hard to find a home for it all in the house. For both kids i think we’re going to have to go through and just be like, ok, a ton of this stuff you have that you don’t use needs to be donated or put in storage.

Cool, Craig, let me know what you think, and I'll try to do stuff with it (I was thinking about doing a character creation type thing just for fun).

My christmas is actually tomorrow the 6th, my folks had COVID so didn't want to risk me getting ill with my surpressed immune system, so they're coming down tomorrow for gift exchange (we joke that we're storming the living room for presents, to honor 1/6)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

For both kids i think we’re going to have to go through and just be like, ok, a ton of this stuff you have that you don’t use needs to be donated or put in storage.

One of the best Xmas-es I ever had was when I went to my grandma's house and I had a literal trashbag full of He-Man toys dropped on the floor in front of me. It was probably my fairly well-off uncle who was re-gifting them from his own kids, maybe someone had made a donation to Toys for Tots, I never found out but did NOT mind either way. Included was a full Snake Mountain! It is still existing in some form in my garage unless I am mistaken, matter of fact. 

• Like 5

On 1/6/2024 at 10:41 AM, Curt McGirt said:

One of the best Xmas-es I ever had was when I went to my grandma's house and I had a literal trashbag full of He-Man toys dropped on the floor in front of me. It was probably my fairly well-off uncle who was re-gifting them from his own kids, maybe someone had made a donation to Toys for Tots, I never found out but did NOT mind either way. Included was a full Snake Mountain! It is still existing in some form in my garage unless I am mistaken, matter of fact. 

Depending on the condition of your Snake Mountain, it could be worth a ton. I remember a few years back seeing how much Snake Mountain and the Ghostbusters firehouse were going for with even a decent amount of play and was pissed I didn’t have them anymore. 

Those were my two all time favorite bases I had for action figures. The TMNT Sewer and Technodrome were cool, but they constantly fell apart. And for as many GI Joes as I had, I never had any of the bases for them, but I did have a friend who had the aircraft carrier. That kid had parents who were just pieces of crap, but it was the nicest thing they probably ever did for him. Of course, it could only be played with in the basement since it was the only space to fit it and his dickhead dad rarely let us go into the basement.

I still have pretty much all of my old toys stored in the garage. I never got rid of ANYTHING. Probably the stuff in the best condition would be the newest -- the Aliens toys from the mid '90s. Is any of that worth anything either? 

• 1 month later...