DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK SEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

This will be an interesting game imo. CMC is freaking great and I’m a big fan of his, but he is not 1 of those Rambo players who plays well when he is hurt. They have another RB who is more good enough but he almost never gets the ball anymore and Shanahan refuses to change his original game plan. No Deebo and no Williams, and Williams might be the most important player on offense. The Vikings are definitely missing their most important player on offense. 

I know the 49ers are stacked. Even with those 2 main guys gone they’re stacked. I know there’s alot of YAC. There’s alot of everything that makes it easier on the quarterback. They’re that good.

Purdy though, no matter who’s he’s throwing to from Randy Moss to the name of somebody I don’t even know because they’re not good, has GOAT level pocket presence. He’s as good as Tom Brady and Joe Montana at that and will have a case for being better if he keeps doing 1 thing they didn’t do as much of as he does. He slings it from a shaky pocket, and it lands on the money every time. He doesn’t dump it off or slide for 3.

He’s made 1 mistake, which is really the only quarterback mistake of the game. This game has been a quarterback vs a good defense clinic. I don’t mean it’s been a quarterback clinic, but it’s been 1 vs a good defense, as in what a quarterback is supposed to do in situations vs a good defense even when it’s not pretty. Even those 2 passes Cousins missed early weren’t bad throws. The WR messed up as Troy pointed out. Then the other INT was on a slant that hit the WR first. Those happen every once in a while. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

He threw the INT that iced that game too I know but he had to try it. They were giving them the short stuff. They’d took it twice. They did have time to take another 1 but he would have definitely had to try it the next time so I don’t think it mattered. 

It was a good game between 2 teams we’ll see again come playoff time IMO. The only way the 49ers quit is if the window has closed. They’ve been in way worse situations where they almost wouldn’t have been blamed for quitting. The Vikings have also been 1 of the more resilient teams. It was just kind of forgotten last year because they won so many games.