DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/28 - 9/3/2023

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Creed Brothers vs. Dyad was fucking great beginning to end. Loved Brutus being kidnapped before the match began, the awesome 2 on 1 stuff with Julius showcasing early on before the simple struggle to survive, Brutus's wonderful Hulkout return. Honestly, this deserved to be on a PLE. Easily one of my favorite NXT matches this year and up there among the best from this year.

The only problem I had with this one was that, logistically, it was worked like a HIAC. Gacy, even having a clue, stayed out of the fight even though he could have interfered. Brutus came dow and chased Gacy around the ring for said key, instead of just climbing over the cage.  I dont know why this bugged me so much, but on this occasion, it really did.

Elsewhere, I was pretty impressed with Jordan (I can't remember her first name...Delani?!) who does a couple spots that I don't think I've seen anyone else do. Reminds me of Sol Ruca in that respect, although her offence is quite as far along as Ruca's.

This one of the first times seeing a Dragunov promo where I thought: "You know...maybe he could make it on the main roster." Would be a pretty great storyline if he was the one to end Gunther's IC Title reign, too which could lead to an eventual down-the-line Gunther WorldTitle Defence when Gunther finally stops him (again).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

The only problem I had with this one was that, logistically, it was worked like a HIAC. Gacy, even having a clue, stayed out of the fight even though he could have interfered. Brutus came dow and chased Gacy around the ring for said key, instead of just climbing over the cage.  I dont know why this bugged me so much, but on this occasion, it really did.

It didn't bother me. It made sense to go for the key first. I was kind of expecting Brutus to climb and dive off the top once he couldn't get the key. 

1 hour ago, caley said:

Elsewhere, I was pretty impressed with Jordan (I can't remember her first name...Delani?!) who does a couple spots that I don't think I've seen anyone else do. Reminds me of Sol Ruca in that respect, although her offence is quite as far along as Ruca's.

Close, I believe its Kelani.

• Like 1

The opening Cena was super energetic due to a hot crowd and Cena being Cena. I thought they used it well alongside later segments to establish Jimmy as full heel.

Rey/Santos vs. Theory/Waller was good.

The Lashley/Profits segment was nothing special, but I do like how WWE is seemingly choosing to just let them stay faces with how over they are with the crowd. Kind of hope it leads to Lashley/Roman for the title at some point. Curious if they develop a proper faction name at some point. 

Sami/KO vs. Cruz/Wilde was a competitive squash with Cruz getting in some shine before being crushed. Wish they would do more with the Wilde and cruz. They are a damn good team and have gotten over before purely based on how good they are.

The Knight/Miz segment was good. Dug how the end wasn't a total win for the Miz with Knight still wanting more. Really hope their match tomorrow delivers.

Shotzi/Bayley was solid though the finishing stretch was a bit so-so. Made sense given the current feuds Damage Ctrl. has. Kind of hope they build Shotzi for a title match with Io at some point.

AJ/Solo was good. The finish worked. The aftermath with heyman calling off Solo from murdering Jimmy was interesting. Really hoping this leads to another Roman/AJ match. Their past feud gave both guys some of their best WWE matches.

Solid show overall with it keeping things moving along story wise. Raw was the better go home show, but most of Payback is Raw related in the first place. The stuff related to tomorrow's show was mostly done well, especially that Miz/Knight segment.