DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Just now, Casey said:

boy, that Forsaken Pack DLC is about worthless unless you have 6 friends to do dungeons and raids with, huh? Whoops.

Yeah - that is actually something that is still a bone of contention with folks

Since for all intents and purposes - it is just for weapons that have been in the game forever and really should be free at this point

That being said - since Last Wish and Shattered Throne are still 1600 content - they are easy to do with a LFG (especially when they show up in the pinnacle rotation)

And since they just overhauled Last Wish weapons to be craftable - people are definitely doing it frequently

Bungie having to yank D2 offline for emergency maintenance while announcing the rebrand of the TWAB (to TWID - This Week In Destiny) is leading to the community having a moment

Just watched the latest El1teDeath rage compilation and saw the fucking butt ugly fire / ice shotgun they have in the game.   They aren't even trying to design realistic looking firearms anymore, are they?

Edited by J.T.

It is a space fantasy where good magic and bad magic are used to kill various versions of alien races - it hasn't had realistic looking weapons in awhile

• Like 1

Deep Dive felt stealthily buffed this week. Also the modifier for taking increased melee damage feels like a personal attack on me as a semi-crazed sword user.

Supposedly in the patch notes they fix arc jolt accidently doing less damage to minors, but if anything it feels more like they added that as I was definitely killing less than I was before, at least with the Arc Hunter melee. 

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Deep Dive felt stealthily buffed this week. Also the modifier for taking increased melee damage feels like a personal attack on me as a semi-crazed sword user.

I was irritated because my Arc Titan kept getting Increased Solar Damage as a choice

I will again grumble about the lack of rejoin on Deep Dive as the first one I tried - one of the two other folks quit out as we were loading in so I two manned the first tier (didn't even bother with hard mode) but then the other dude quit out before the next level. I had no patience to try and solo my way through so I quit out

It did work out in my favor as the next group I was with wanted to do hard mode so we at least cleared Tier 6 (one dude was too scared to push for Tier 7)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is a space fantasy where good magic and bad magic are used to kill various versions of alien races - it hasn't had realistic looking weapons in awhile

Gear that got progressively goofier looking as time went on was one of the main reasons I quit.  Hunter armor was the ugliest stuff imaginable so I guess that was their way to get you to spend real money on Eververse skins.

I'm surprised that Titan helmets don't have propellers on the top by now.

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Normally I would say that quitting a game over fashion is stupid but I also know you

Aesthetics are one of the direct indicators of game quality.  It is not as silly of a reason to quit as most might think. 

Given the current state of the game, I'd say that the slip in aesthetics was the first symptom of the downward trend before Bungie attempted to right the ship with Lightfall.  I am still solidly in retirement, but I am definitely interested in seeing what their plans for the Final Shape are.

Edited by J.T.

Re: Final Shape

It is gonna be interesting how they handle it. For some reason my brain was thinking that it would be like the current year model

• Main story is the first "season"
  • Next three seasons add bits here and there but aren't the "main" story
  • Something happens right before the new year starts to link together

That doesn't really work for Final Shape though and I am seeing some streamers talk about post-Final Shape plans and they aren't planning on a year's worth of stuff.

For example - Datto just put out a video (his 10 year retrospective) where he announced that he will be taking a sabbatical after Final Shape - and he basically figures it will be starting a year from now. So clearly that isn't 4 seasons (or a year's worth of stuff)

I feel like folks have said they have confirmed that their will be "DLC" but who the fuck knows what that means

I guess what I am saying is I really fucking hope they don't charge me $100 for 3 months worth of stuff.

They have avoided talking about what the post Final Shape plans are as to not spoil anything. I assume they hint towards something during the August reveal but am not sure beyond that. Have to admit that I do wonder if the current seasonal experience dies for a bit if not completely. 

Bungie unlocked Randy's Throwing Knife for Season of the Deep.  These bastards really know how to hurt a guy.

Its not that they unlocked it - they introduced a new version with new perks. The original is still sunset

They have been doing this every season for awhile - like Spare Rations is back this season too but this version is nowhere as good as the original

All of the Reckoning weapons are back. Spare Rations isn't as good because the original was a 150 and those mostly don't exist anymore outside of Sunshot. We also just have so many other good weapons that nothing dominates the meta for too long anymore. 

The news of Spare Rations not being as good as it used to be hurts my heart.

The RTK was my go to weapon when I first made an attempt to go flawless in Trials.  It was such a dependable rifle.  Kill Clip being active when someone on the other team tried to revive my team's first pick was soooo unfair.

Then before you knew it, everyone had the fucking gun.

Edited by J.T.

I know they probably didn't but it feels like those bastard buffed the GM version of Lightblade. I just had three failed tries with a shockingly patient/chill team. We couldn't even make it past the damn platform segment. Arc threat makes it hit all so stupidly hard its funny. Happy that I at least had a chill team who could laugh it off.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I did the character boost on my Hunter to skip the Lightfall campaign and unlock Strand and honestly it might be the best $20 I ever spent

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

It feels wrong for something like that to cost actual money. 

Its funny - when it was initially announced I was like "eh..."

But after doing the campaign twice - they could have probably gotten me for like way more than $20

Ironically - Cross just put out a video bitching about the microtransactions which inevitably means at some point Datto will put out his video again about how Eververse is non-negotiable 

(There is also some irony in Cross bitching about the microtransactions when I can't imagine his new love, Diablo 4, doesn't have them)

• Like 1

Yeah I finished up the Cross vid not long ago. Its a mix of legit gripes and doom & gloom bs. In particular he actually uses clips from Datto's original microtransaction vid for D1 and a clip from GJake bitching about Bungie abandoning PvP in D2 for marathon. The latter particularly pissed me off as its such complete and utter nonsense considering the amount of revamps, balancing, anti-cheats, etc. Bungie has done the past 2-3 years for D2. The only somewhat legit complaint there was about a lack of new maps. And even that one was wrong as we just a got a new map last year. Really felt like Cross was stretching the meaning of Pay2Win as well. 

Edited by Eivion

Yeah the Pay 2 Win thing is what really lost me

Yeah - considering how much fucking grinding I have to do to unlock all the Strand Aspects and Fragments - I am not fucking winning anything

• Like 1

There is nothing about D2 that is pay to win unless you count the underground economy of win traders and PvP carriers.   No one twists your arm to buy anything from Eververse and you're free to grind your unleveled characters to your heart's content if you think the paid level boost is unfair.  You pay for convenience and cosmetics, not for victory.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Some asshole had spoiled it to a degree in Byf's comments weeks ago, but somehow it still carried more weight than he conveyed. Also answers what the Veil is.

Edited by Eivion