DVDVR Message Board

POLL 12/24-12/30/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? WHO COULD BE SURE!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Ella Envy/ Roxy vs Robyn Renegade/ Charlette Renegade- NWA USA
    • Doom Patrol vs Edrax/ Johnny Blaze- IWA-Puerto Rico
    • Jordan Clearwater vs Danny Limelight- CWFH
    • Jacky Funky Kamei/ Jason Lee/ Kzy/ Strong Machine J vs Masaaki Mochizuki/ Mochizuki Jr/ Susumu Mochizuki/ Yasushi Kanda- Dragon Gate
    • Ivelisse/ La Jarochita vs Dalys/ Lady Frost- CMLL
    • Gran Guerrero vs Atlantis Jr- CMLL
    • Lince Dorado/ Volador Jr vs Hechicero/ Matt Taven- CMLL
    • Cerebro Negro vs Hell Boy- IWRG
    • Jack Cartwheel/ Willie Mack vs Mecha Wolf/ Bestia 666- AAA
    • The Bunny vs Madison Rayne- AEW Dark Elevation
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Frankie Kazarian- AEW Dark Elevation
    • Willow Nightingale/ Ruby Soho vs Vertvixen/ Madi Wrenkowski- AEW Dark Elevation
    • Athena vs Keira Hogan- AEW Dark Elevation
    • Dralistico vs Blake Christian- AEW Dark Elevation
    • Tommy Dreamer vs Main Event Bradley- Memphis Wrestling
    • Shane Swerve Strickland vs Wheeler Yuta- RAMPAGE
    • Billie Starkz vs Red Velvet- AEW Dark
    • AR Fox vs Slim J- AEW Dark
    • Fallon Henley vs Kiana James- NXT
    • Odyssey Jones/ Edris Enofe/ Malik Blade vs Joe Gacy/ Jagger Reid/ Rip Fowler- NXT
    • Wendy Choo vs Cora Jade- NXT
    • Julius Creed vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Wes Lee vs Tony D'Angelo- NXT
    • Kenzie Paige vs Kamille- NWA PowerRR
    • AZM vs Hikari Shimizu- STARDOM
    • Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson/ Kenny Omega vs Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix/ PAC- DYNAMITE
    • Samoa Joe vs Wardlow- DYNAMITE
    • Darius Martin/ Dante Martin vs Jon Moxley/ Claudio Castagnoli- DYNAMITE
    • Ethan Page vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Anna Jay AS/ Tay Melo vs Ruby Soho/ Willow Nightingale- DYNAMITE
    • Mika Iwata/ Yura Suzuki vs Maya Fukuda/ Michiko Miyagi- GLEAT
    • Soma Watanabe/ Jack Cartwheel/ Septimo Dragon vs Jun Tonsho/ Gringo Loco/ Keiichi Sato- GLEAT
    • Jason Hotch/ John Skyler vs Yuya Uemura/ Delirious- IMPACT! BTI
    • Shigehiro Irie/ Issei Onitsuka vs YUTANI/ Flamita vs Hayato Tamura/ Check Shimatani- GLEAT
    • Jade Cargill vs Kiera Hogan- RAMPAGE
    • El Lindaman vs Kaito Ishida- GLEAT
    • Solo Sikoa vs Sheamus- SMACKDOWN
    • Ronda Rousey vs Raquel Rodriguez- SMACKDOWN
    • John Cena/ Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn/ Roman Reigns- SMACKDOWN
    • Trent Baretta vs Orange Cassidy- RAMPAGE

No real killer this week but loads of quality professional wrestling.  There was no RAW or (regular) IMPACT! matches so the cut list is very manageable this week.  The best AEW match is between Danielson/Ethan Page, MOX/Claudio vs Top Flight or Orange Cassidy vs Trent.  The best WWE match was between Ronda Rousey/Raquel Rodriguez, the Schism vs Blade/Enofe/Odyssey Jones, and Wes Lee/ Tony D'Angelo.  The best lucha match was PROBABLY Hell Boy vs Cerebro Negro or maybe Atlantis Jr vs Gran Guerrerro.  The best out of Japan was prolly AZM vs Hikaru Shimizu who will kick AZM right in the face.  El Lindaman vs Kaito Ishida was good but Ishida doesn't have the offense to make a compelling title match.  The best fringe match was probably the Kamille/Kenzie Paige match from NWA.  That was fucking great.  Or maybe the Danny Limelight/ Jordan Clearwater title match.  The bizarro matches of the week were Tommy Dreamer vs Main Event Bradley and the weird ass Willie Mack/ Jack Cartwheel vs Mecha Wolf/ Bestia 666.  I would probably go with Rousey/ Rodriguez but the Charlotte Flair crap postmatch diminished everything before it.  I'm going with Claudio beating the fuck out of Darius Martin.

CUT LIST: BUSHI/ SANADA vs T-Hawk/ Kaz Hayashi- GLEAT; Matt Menard vs Brock Anderson- AEW Dark

Wasn't able to catch the first half of Dynamite so I missed Bryan/Page and BCC/Top Flight.  Still need to catch OC/Trent.

Dug the CMLL women's match, and GG/Atlantis, but neither were blow away great or anything. Still need to catch the men's tag.

Probably will wait to catch AZM/Shimizu when I catch up to Stardom. Don't see it beating out anything even if its good.

Right now Raquel/Ronda takes the week for me easily. Best either have looked all year. Only wish Raquel won.

Not sure what else I might try and catch. 

• Like 1

Without insulting anyone, Danielson and the BCC may both be best without one another. Claudio ties this trio into the best version of itself. Give him all the young fliers they've got. A point being made of Claudio teaching Darius a lesson after the neutralizer rather than the already-established Dante was time well spent. I normally resist the urge to vote, but this one was undeniable for me. 

Losing the mouthpiece = Claudio's dropping the strap?

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3

I went with Trent vs OC because damn it sometimes I like my wrestling to be fun and wholesome! Also Danhausen kicking OC and the tope into hug both made me legit laugh out loud. Trent is secretly having a career year.

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 3

AND! YOUR! WINNER! IS!........ A TIE~!

Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson/ Kenny Omega vs Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix/ PAC- DYNAMITE kisses his sister, Darius Martin/ Dante Martin vs Jon Moxley/ Claudio Castagnoli- DYNAMITE!

• Like 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic