DVDVR Message Board

POLL 10/15-10/21/2022! WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH THIS WEEK? Jayzeus!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Mia Yim vs Taylor Wilde- IMPACT!
    • Kenzie Paige/ Ella Envy vs Missa Kate/ Madi- NWA Powerrr
    • Faby Apache/ Ayako Hamada vs Sussy Love/ Catalina- BIG LUCHA
    • Bandido vs Yutani- BIG LUCHA
    • Rey Mysterio vs Ludwig Kaiser- SMACKDOWN
    • Haruna Neko/ Maki Ito/ Yuka Sakazaki vs Arisu Endo/ Hikari Noa/ Rhia O'Reilly- Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling
    • Cerebro Negro/ Aster Boy vs Hell Boy/ Garra Mortal- IWRG
    • Athena vs Jody Threat- AEW ELEVATION
    • Austin Gunn/ Colton Gunn vs the Bollywood Boyz- AEW ELEVATION
    • Penelope Pink vs Leia Makoa- WOW
    • Heavy Metal Sisters vs Keta Rush/ Stephy Slays/ Vivian Rivera- WOW
    • Raquel Rodriguez/ Shotzi vs IYO SKY/ Dakota Kai- SMACKDOWN
    • Brandon Cutler vs Ari Daivari- AEW DARK
    • Seleziya Sparx vs Willow Nightingale- AEW DARK
    • QT Marshall vs Dante Martin- AEW DARK
    • Seth Rollins vs Matt Riddle- RAW
    • AJ Styles vs Dominik Mysterio- RAW
    • Rush vs Orange Cassidy vs Preston Vance- RAMPAGE!
    • Bianca Belair/ Candice LeRae vs Dakota Kai/ IYO SKY- RAW
    • Los Malditos (El Sagrado/ Gemelo Diablo I/ Gemelo Diablo II) vs Los Infernales (Euforia/ Hechicero/ Mephisto)- CMLL
    • Los Nuevos Ingobernables (Angel de Oro/ Niebla Roja) vs Atrapasuenos (Dulce Gardenia/ Espiritu Negro)- CMLL
    • Suicida vs Titan- CMLL
    • Rugido vs Mistico- CMLL
    • Taichi vs Sanada- NJPW WORLD
    • Rhea Ripley vs Roxanne Perez- NXT
    • Shinsuke Nakamura vs Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo- NXT
    • Dalton Castle vs Chris Jericho- DYNAMITE
    • The Best Friends vs Death Triangle- DYNAMITE
    • Hikaru Shida vs Toni Storm- DYNAMITE
    • KENTA vs Hirooki Goto- New Japan World
    • El Hijo del Pirata Morgan/ Aramis vs Laredo Kid/ Rey León- IWRG
    • Suzu Suzuki/ Amchan vs Hina/ Lady C- Stardom New Blood
    • Chanyota vs Mai Sakurai- Stardom First Blood
    • God's Eye (MIRAI/ Tomoka Inaba)/ Nanami vs KARMA (Haruka Umesaki)/ Oedo Tai (Ruaka/ Starlight Kid)- Stardom New Blood
    • Hanan vs Ami Sourei- Stardom New Blood
    • Liv Morgan vs Sonya Deville- SMACKDOWN
    • Angelina Love vs Chelsea Green- NWA Powerrr
    • Sheamus vs Solo Sikoa- SMACKDOWN
    • The Acclaimed vs the Varsity Athletes- RAMPAGE!
    • Leila Grey vs Willow Nightingale- RAMPAGE!

Man, there was a LOT of wrestling this week.  Nothing was blow away great from the big two though I would prolly go with Jericho/ Castle from AEW and Sheamus/Sikoa from WWE.  A lot of Joshi promotions streamed whole cards this week- and I'm voting for the main event from Stardom New Blood, Hanan vs Ami Sourei, because it is fucking awesome.  Speaking of fucking awesome, there was a boat load of fucking GREAT lucha libre this week, some of which I had to cut to get in everything from Friday night.  There was also two New Japan matches streamed live and the best was Taichi vs Sanada from the TV title tournament, which was really good.  The wildcard dark horse awesome match was the CONTROVERSIAL Jody Threat and Athena match where they beat the hell out of each other.  Your best fringe match was a toss up between either WOW match, which CRUSHED in the ratings!

CUT MATCHES: Matt Taven vs Trevor Murdoch, Homicide vs Doug Williams- NWA Powerrr, Torito Negro/ Forneo/ Sol vs Éxtasis/ Radiactivo/ Cometa Maya- BIG LUCHA, Miu Watanabe/ Suzume vs Moka Miyamoto/ Yuki Aino- Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, Hikaru Shida vs Vanessa Kraven- AEW DARK, Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin- RAW, Cameron Grimes/ the O.C. vs Schism- NXT.  I am ENRAGED! 

• Like 2

Well it was going to be between Rhea/Roxanne and Dalton/Jericho for me then I saw the women's tag titles match form Smackdown and was totally going with it. Only I then caught the CMLL matches which were all good with Titan/Suicida impressing me a whole hell of a lot. Was totally going to vote for Titan/Suicida only for me to finally catch Taichi/Sanada and just completely loving the hell out of it. That was so damn good, and I loved all the odes to their AJPW seniors during the match. Kawada was expected with him being right there on commentary and as the one who trained Taichi, but the callouts to Misawa, Taue, Omori, and even Kea was kind of awesome to see and well blended into match.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Well it was going to be between Rhea/Roxanne and Dalton/Jericho for me

Same, but I'm always gonna go for the dark horse. It's hard keeping up, so the stuff I saw on TV or got really hyped from others is probably what ends up as my vote. Sucks to say that but hey, I'm trying to get into this damn Love and Rockets book. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

That was so damn good, and I loved all the odes to their AJPW seniors during the match. Kawada was expected with him being right there on commentary and as the one who trained Taichi, but the callouts to Misawa, Taue, Omori, and even Kea was kind of awesome to see and well blended into match.

I didn't even notice that.  I suck.

• DEAN unpinned this topic