DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

There's a bunch of stuff I've got set up on there. The '40s Jeckyll and Hyde (they're playing the Barrymore, this one and the Tracy one. Which is what, all of them?), Superfly, Wise Blood (Brad Dourif and Harry Dean Stanton!!!), The Conqueror Worm/Witchfinder General (recording it though I've seen it 1000 times), Curse of the Crimson Altar, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Cat, The Killing Fields; Paris, Texas and The Big Boss and all of the classic Hammer and Universal horror they always play are also gonna be on. It's really a feast this next week. 

• Like 2

They had the Fox R-rated theatrical cut of Suspiria on last night. There's a copy of it on VHS moldering away in a box in my garage; I forgot how crappy and jagged that first beautiful murder looks edited. They really screwed the pooch there. Funny thing is right before it was Witchfinder with the sickening scene where a woman is slowly lowered on a ladder into a raging fire, which is ten times worse. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon are on tomorrow night and they squeezed in The Cat O' Nine Tails too! Later on in the week is The Todd Killings which I gotta watch because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9oNCiJENk&ab_channel=Felopunk and freakin After Hours which I've still not seen all the way through, pathetically enough. And there's a monster movie marathon and the other two Bruce Lee movies in there somewhere. 

• 5 weeks later...

Man is December night-and-day with October, there is just nothing of interest (well, cult-type interest) on this month. The closest it gets is Altered States which is on around 2 AM on Thursday night/Friday morning if I got the times right. If you haven't seen it, definitely give it a watch. I'd put it up there with Jacob's Ladder on the freaky quotient. Too bad William Hurt was something worse than a wildlife-eviscerating monkey man in real life, but hey, it's still a good movie. One time I put this on in the dark by myself and had an alcoholic panic attack! So, don't be in the middle of a bender and wig out. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Le Samourai is on right before it so you will probably want/NEED to record that too. 

EDIT: He Knows You're Alone is on a couple hours later. It's a 1980 slasher directly in the middle of the first wave, apparently not great (30% on Rotten Tomatoes haha), but it's Tom Hanks' first film.

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody seen The Formula before? I just recorded it off TCM last night. Here's the blurb:

A police detective (George C. Scott) ties his buddy's murder to an oil tycoon (Marlon Brando) and a long-lost Nazi formula for a synthetic fuel. 

I mean who would not want to watch that?!

• 2 weeks later...