DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

And TCM Underground is apparently gonna be... Aerobics/Gymnastics Night? Heavenly Bodies and Gymkata. Never heard of either, both from '85. 

I watched Heavenly Bodies when TCM showed it a few years ago, first it’s very Canadian, second the R rated stuff really doesn’t jive with the rest of the movie, and third there’s an AEROBICS SHOWDOWN! 

You have never heard of Gymkata?  You are dead to me, Curt.

I can dig the Heavenly Bodies / Gymkata double feature for an aerombics / gymnastics themed TCM Underground.  I might've subbed American Anthem for one those movies if Amercian Anthem wasn't total garbage during the scenes that did not have Janet Jones in a leotard.

• 2 weeks later...

Silent Night, Deadly Night and The Oracle are your TCM Underground double feature for this weekend.

Friday is also Classic Horror Day featuring Plague of the Zombies, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and others.

The Song of Bernadette comes on this Saturday.  I'm not crying, you are...

Edited by J.T.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Silent Night, Deadly Night and The Oracle are your TCM Underground double feature for this weekend.

Friday is also Classic Horror Day featuring Plague of the Zombies, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and others.

The Song of Bernadette comes on this Saturday.  I'm not crying, you are...

At least it has Vincent Price in it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Phew, not a lot going on this week. There's a pirate themed day if you're in the mood for some swashbuckling. I really wish there was a hard-edged, realistic pirate movie like Master and Commander but you end up with Tyrone Power and Johnny Depp instead. Next Sunday's Underground is Clash of the Titans and Red Sonya. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ALRIGHT! Summer with the Stars is over, now we can get back to business. Here are your upcoming odds and sods: 

Spoiler

9/12

10:30 PM - Point Blank 

9/13 

12:15 AM - Daddy's Gone A-Hunting (this one sounds really weird https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy's_Gone_A-Hunting_(1969_film))

2:15 AM - Black Belt Jones

9/14 - 9/15

These are all in a row starting at

7:00 PM - The French Connection

To Live and Die In LA

The Boys in the Band

Torch Song Trilogy

The Times of Harvey Milk 

so a segue from hardcore crime drama to groundbreaking queer cinema? Nice. 

This is an interesting thematic row too, still on 9/15, all period youth dramas:

7:00 PM Cooley High

9:00 PM Shag

11:00 PM Diner

9/16

11:00 AM - Crybaby (of course I'm gonna put in a John Waters movie)

Starting at 3:15 there's a series of survivalist/frontier movies including a '66 Nicholson western: 

The White Tower

The Shooting

Man in the Wilderness

Jeremiah Johnson

9/17

3:00 AM - The Last Run (mob getaway driver George C. Scott helping Tony Musante flee justice? Yes please)

10:00 PM - Isle of the Dead (Val Lewton/Boris Karloff classic to pregame your October)

9/18

Hey speaking of pregaming October, it's a monsterfest starting at 

7:00 PM - Them!

Tarantula

Mothra

The Wasp Woman

The Black Scorpion

Cosmic Monsters

9/19

9:00 PM - The Night of the Hunter (you should have already seen this, go watch it again)

• Like 1