DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I'm curious to see who Dallas adds since it almost seems like the only two guys I know are on the team are Dirk and Chandler Parsons. Everyone else seems to be a FA. Do they have a ton of cap room this summer?

$30-38, depending how you do the math.  I think 30 is more accurate.  Only guys on guaranteed deals are Dirk, Parsons, Devin and Felton.  I think we have a team option on Dwight Powell.  Cap holds on Rondo and Tyson, so they could be VERY beneficial for sign and trade purposes, as could Monta, as I feel like the team will do him a solid and find him the best deal somewhere.  I feel pretty confident that one of LMA or Deandre go to Dallas, which will eat up most of that cap, obvi.  Feel strongly that Felton is traded somewhere.  Seems like Danny Green is the other big target, and the team is looking for an instant contributor at PG in the draft(Tyus Jones, etc.)

Batum traded to the Hornets for Vonleh and Henderson. Looks like they don't like their odds of keeping LMA.

I think Woj mentioned (sorry i saw it on twitter) that Charlotte also dealing Matt Barnes to OKC for Jeremy Lamb.

EDIT: Rick Bonnell reported that. He covers the Hornets.

Honestly, Batum and Lamb are big upgrades for the Hornets, but I'm shocked they are dealing Vonleh instead of Marvin Williams.

As the Hornets homer I love the trade for Lamb but I have no idea why you give up on Vonleh this early unless his injury was not healing as it should.  I was really hoping that Vonleh was going to have a high ceiling here in Charlotte but I guess it isn't meant to be.  I still have no idea how you fix this team though.  Picked up shooting today but our perimeter shooting was god awful last year, so I will still pray that Mario Hezonja falls for some reason but that's a pipe dream.  The team is still a mess though.

There are rumblings that they are trying to deal Zeller too, which is extremely dumb to me.  I liked what I saw from him last year, and he's one of the few guys they have that could space the floor out for Big Al and Kemba to get to the basket.

Latest from Woj on Kings fielding offers for Cousins!

I'd be shocked if LA dealt the #2 pick, Randle, Clarkson and more assets (do they even have those? HA!) and then take Landry's contract as well. I don't see that happening.

Lakers are at that stage were they really need to actually add assets to make that sort of deal if its more than just the #2 pick. I won't say it won't happen, but I can't see all that being in a deal.

I'm just going to stop reading about that trade offer for now. Last year there were rumors of the Sixers making a big offer to the Cavs. GMs of both teams said they never happened. You have Divac saying he isn't going to trade him. Media saying Cousins wants to go. Yet on twitter he responds absolutely to a question asking if he wants to be here asked by a Kings fan. Just impossible to trust any of this information. If Karl wants him gone bad enough he could be the one leaking the stories. Just don't know what to take seriously. I think being traded would motivate that guy though big time. Be careful what you wish for Karl.

Stein updates LaMarcus Aldridge FA!

ESPN.com reported in May that both the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks strongly believe they'll have a great shot to lure Aldridge back to his home state of Texas next month. But sources said this week that Aldridge is actually thinking more and more about a free-agent jump to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Would be great if LA ends up with Okafor or Russell along with Aldridge.

Kobe and Cousins will either fight on the court by the All Star Break or go on some extremely improbable title run!!!  No middle ground.  I love Boogie so much I might actually root for the Lakers in the West if that deal goes down.  

What is the Lakers cap situation looking like? If the rumored Randle/Clarkson/#2 trade actually happens, how much money will they have to spend elsewhere this year?

I can't remember the last time the Lakers made a trade where you went "what the hell were they thinking?" so #2/Randle/Clarkson for Cousins seems far fetched.

I think they end up keeping the pick and drafting Russell and the Kings end up keeping Cousins and continue fading into bolivia, until he goes Sprewell on George Karl at midseason.

Matt Barnes is like the most Memphis player who wasn't on the team. I hated him on the Clippers but now love him since Memphis don't bluff.

If they get Gallo and he stays healthy, they now have that stretch shooter. That has been their death knell. A shooter somewhere on the floor would have kept GSW from doubling Z-Bo non-stop.

Memphis will be a problem if that all pans out.

I can't remember the last time the Lakers made a trade where you went "what the hell were they thinking?" so #2/Randle/Clarkson for Cousins seems far fetched.

I think they end up keeping the pick and drafting Russell and the Kings end up keeping Cousins and continue fading into bolivia, until he goes Sprewell on George Karl at midseason.

I agree with you on that. Lakers deals always come off one-sided in their favor even if they don't work out.

More people starting to think the Lakers will pick Russell over Okafor. I'm OK with either one they pick. 

If they do a deal for Cousins, I think they'd still have somewhere around $8-9 million in cap room for this season. Maybe less. So, they might have enough for someone in that middle pack of free agents, but not a lot. They'd be better off keeping whoever they take at #2, along with keeping Randle/Clarkson add a FA like Aldridge, and still have room for someone else. Its bad timing for them to go after Cousins since the cupboard here is empty if they even just offered #2 and one of Randle/Clarkson.

Latest Knicks draft rumor....

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 5m5 minutes ago

Latest NYK info from sources: if Okafor/Russell gone, Knicks like either Kristaps Porzingis, Frank Kaminsky or Trey Lyles. Mudiay hovering

Frank The Tank in New York!