DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: AUSTIN ARIES

RIPPA

So many fun memories of Austin. His title win against Joe was one of my favorite RoH matches ever. Him winning the TNA belt was the only time I ever have been excited about the company. Him and Roderick had a damn good run as a team. Shame the E will never let him have a chance to do his thing.

A favorite memory of Austin Aries was on the short-lived ROH show on HDNet.  He was wrestling a very green Kenny Omega I think and it was very obvious that Austin was wrestling for two people there, just throwing himself into Omega's offense (and not at all HBK-Hogan levels).  Just made the kid look tremendous despite Omega's obvious inexperience. 

Plus, he is the greatest man who ever lived, I guess. 

Is he really still too short for the WWE in these Daniel Bryan days of not having to be juiced-up giants to make it in the WWE? He can go and he's got some personality - seems like he'd be a no-brainer for the WWE. They wouldn't have to sign him to a lifetime deal, just throw him against the wall and see if he sticks.

Is he really still too short for the WWE in these Daniel Bryan days of not having to be juiced-up giants to make it in the WWE? He can go and he's got some personality - seems like he'd be a no-brainer for the WWE. They wouldn't have to sign him to a lifetime deal, just throw him against the wall and see if he sticks.

I think their way of thinking is that they already have plenty of vanilla midgets in the company, and they don't really need another.

• 1 year later...