DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/27

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing February 27, 2014 from London at the Wembley

*Show opens with MVP in the ring with Samoa Joe and Magnus for the contract signing for their World Title match at Lockdown. MVP cut a promo about Team Dixie and Lethal Lockdown. Joe and Magnus exchanged words and make their cage match pin or submission only before ending up in a brawl.

*The BroMans def. The Wolves & Bad Influence in a triple threat tag team match when Robbie stole the pin on Bad Influence from the Wolves.

*Ethan Carter III def. Doug Williams after the One Percenter. After the match, EC3 put Doug in a submission hold.

*James Storm came out and cut a promo on how he screwed Gunner last week. Storm called Gunner out and they argued in the ring setting up a match between them at Lockdown.

*Magnus came out and called out Samoa Joe, saying he has an opponent for him which was German wrestler Bad Bones, who won TNA's online gutcheck voting last year. Samoa Joe def. Bad Bones in a squash.

*Christy Hemme was in the ring when Samuel Shaw came out to obsess over her some more. Mr. Anderson interrupted and called Shaw a creepy bastard which led to the crowd chanting it. Christy ended up slapping Shaw in the end.

*Alpha Female & Lei'D Tapa (w/ Gail Kim & Chris Sabin) def. Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky. After the match, Alpha Female, Tapa, & Gail beat down Madison & Velvet until ODB made the save.

*Kurt Angle's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. A video package on Angle aired and Jeremy Borash did the induction. Angle came out and was presented with a rolex watch. Angle gave an emotional speech. Eventually, Ethan Carter III interrupted. They argued and setup Angle vs EC3 at Lockdown.

*Bobby Roode def. MVP in a match where Austin Aries was special guest referee after Aries turned on MVP.

• 4 weeks later...

Fun show at times. Main event was a perfectly fine Firepro match in slow motion. Great-looking heel turn by Aries with the swank elbow. Nothing on this topped Cesaro-Zayn on NXT though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/tna-impact-2-27-14.html

Screens -

7091e7310993152.jpg

28842a310993195.jpg

fddee7310997097.jpg

ff2ca6310996545.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/v9ny0t6po9032dsh4949awooohoy7bb3

For some reason the "creepy bastard" chants leading straight to a Willow vignette amused me way more than it should have.

Tigre Uno is an odd name choice for the debuting Extreme Tiger. Though that said, the name's quite chantable so at least that's somewhat positive.

I only ask about the Willow name because it is really similar to renaming Christopher Daniels as Daniels so they can copyright a name.

Aries wearing those shorts had been brain bleached, thanks for bringing it back up.

Someone needs to explain to me why 10% of a company means anything.  That is wrestling equivalent of people making a big deal about the Packer fans owning stock of the team given that they have absolutely no power in anything

You can still sell it for something, in theory. And you'd get a share of the profits. Do you think being handed 10% (or even 1%) of WWE stock without having any voting privileges would mean nothing?

TNA seems to be in a catch-22 with some fans on the internet. If they act as if the company is worth something, well, we just know TNA is a worthless money pit, but if they don't act as if the company is valuable, then they are guilty of burying the business.

Someone needs to explain to me why 10% of a company means anything.  That is wrestling equivalent of people making a big deal about the Packer fans owning stock of the team given that they have absolutely no power in anything

You can still sell it for something, in theory. And you'd get a share of the profits. Do you think being handed 10% (or even 1%) of WWE stock without having any voting privileges would mean nothing?

TNA seems to be in a catch-22 with some fans on the internet. If they act as if the company is worth something, well, we just know TNA is a worthless money pit, but if they don't act as if the company is valuable, then they are guilty of burying the business.

The problem with TNA is that they want to CROSS THE LINE into reality too many times. They love the shoot promos and talking about outside occurrences as a huge wink to the audience. Bischoff tossing out 'the script', Styles calling Dixie a 'money mark', etc. TNA has acknowledged real life and so the fans acknowledge it as well (for better or worse) when it comes to TNA angles. The bad thing about all of this is that 2013 wasn't a good year for TNA as far as PR is concerned (tons of wrestlers being released, lowest Impact ratings in years, failure of on-the-road Impacts, Jarrett getting the hell out, etc.) and so running 'this is the place to be' angles and 'ownership of TNA' probably isn't for the best as the majority of viewers know its a sinking ship and TNA has taken a HUGE step back.

How can they resolve this? Keep everything focused on the show and nothing else. Stop talking about the outside world. Stop with the power struggle and company takeover angles as it just highlights TNA creative problems (they don't know how to do ANYTHING else and have done this angle every year since the company's inception) and real life problems. TNA wouldn't be so bad if they put the focus on the kayfabe important things that have little to no ties to reality.

EC3 beating Kurt Angle would be huge for EC3. The Wolves ,despite being one of the hottest wrestling acts going today have yet to prove themselves against top TNA teams in wars to show the casual TNA fan WHY The Wolves are A BIG DEAL. Extreme Tiger has left Mexico to reach a larger audience and showcase his skills in a way he never has before in his life. It's the focus on the little things that will make TNA appear so much bigger and better than the constant mention of power, ownership, etc. as again it just brings focus on the fact that the real life owners and top dogs (JJ and Hogan) got the hell out while TNA probably lost the most amount of money in the company history since going into the black.

I think the better question would be why they are still running ownership/authority type angles after it's been done to death over the last 17 years, and is currently being run further into the ground by WWE. One would think that with the shape they're in financially, the amount of guys that are gone, and the recent ratings drop, that they would at least try something new. I dunno... watching Impact just makes me very ornery and curmudgeonly now.

Hollywood Cibernetico-- I agree 110% with everything you wrote, but I have one tiny nitpick: You mentioned the Wolves having to prove themselves to the casual TNA fan... I'm not entirely sure there is such a thing. Maybe I'm just being negative again.