DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

So I finished High Price To Pay - a few things

Spoiler

If I understand how everything worked correctly - my choice was between Sarah and Sam. Sam was with me in the Lodge. Sarah was at the Eye. I decided to let Sarah die

I was a little bothered by the continuity as Sarah was on my ship and then suddenly was getting shot up at the Key

Somehow Logan Cullen was killed by The Hunter - I am assuming they just caught a stray bullet

I am gonna keep the Armillary on my ship because there is no way my Outpost could defend it

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Reveal hidden contents

If I understand how everything worked correctly - my choice was between Sarah and Sam. Sam was with me in the Lodge. Sarah was at the Eye. I decided to let Sarah die

I was a little bothered by the continuity as Sarah was on my ship and then suddenly was getting shot up at the Key

Somehow Logan Cullen was killed by The Hunter - I am assuming they just caught a stray bullet

I am gonna keep the Armillary on my ship because there is no way my Outpost could defend it

Spoiler

Well I hope you found her brother, Chris, in Cydonia before she died.   He gives you a mission to transport a gift to Logan and to let her know that he's doing okay.

It's an easy 100 xp and 2500 creds.

Sam being alive means you'll be spared the heartbreaking task of killing Starborn Cora Coe when she shows up in your NG+ to avenge her father.

Edited by J.T.

I decided to keep playing before being a Starborn.  I want to try and visit all the temples if I can.

soeaking of missing things, I had never gone to New Homestead on Titan before I got a mission request to deliver supplies there.  So, then I got the 4 or 5 missions there, like wearing the Monster Suit and getting the Special Sauce for the guy at Chunks. 

I love this Va Ruun gun with the biological warfare mod. I’m surprised Sarah hasn’t yelled at me for using it. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think it’s the two people who have been your companions the longest who are marked for potential targeting.

As I said before, I watched the videos of all the potential outcomes and some are heart breaking. 

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God I am gonna have to do a redesign on this Kepler R

Climbing 4 fucking stories to get to the cockpit is no fun

Having a gazillion cargo space is though

Are you taking advantage of your Mission menu?   I don't mind manually boarding my Class A and Class B ships but if I am using my Class C for a mission, I just use the Fast Travel features to get to and from places without actually having to manually pilot the ship to the destination. 

Fuck all of that climbing.

I know my OCD.  If I actually took the time to tinker with my Keppler R, I would spend hours lost in ship design.  I spent at least three or so hours building my Roci clone and that ship is Class B.

Edited by J.T.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

My first character it was Sarah or Barrett my second time it was Sarah or Sam. 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Are you taking advantage of your Mission menu?   I don't mind manually boarding my Class A and Class B ships but if I am using my Class C for a mission, I just use the Fast Travel features to get to and from places without actually having to manually pilot the ship to the destination. 

Oh I use my Mission menu a lot but I also have a routine of needing to drop stuff off into storage and then sleeping to refresh the XP boost

I have gotten into the habit on the Kepler R of loading directly into the cockpit instead of just boarding.

I don’t know if I mentioned it, but right before I did the endgame, I bought the Orca II, which is a Class C ship. It took me down to under 1500 credits. It’s a tad bulky, so not much maneuvability, but the weapons are good.  

it is weird now that I’m carrying around all the artifacts once I took them off my ship, but I can’t put them in storage, since they are a quest item .

Last night, I found a temple on a planet I had already explored. So,I wonder if that’s why the number of undiscovered temples I have left doesn’t match the number of undisclosed powers I still have to acquire. 

ialso just noticed the other day, when I was landing on a planet with a temple, there was a Starborn ship landing nearby. Makes sense but I wonder if they start appearing after a certain point.

Finished the UC Vanguard mission but no achievements yet since I am running a heavily modded game on my beefy laptop.  SPACE STATIONS~!

I chose not to rat out Vae Victis so that I could get his assassination missions but when I play the mission for reals on my X/S, he is getting snitched on.

I designed my laptop playthrough guy with red eyes and pretend he's originally from Mars.  I think he has Alien Blood, Terra Firma, and Serpent's Embrace for his traits.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Finished the UC Vanguard mission but no achievements yet since I am running a modded game on my beefy laptop.  

I chose not to rat out Vae Victis so that I could get his assassination missions but when I play the mission for reals on my X/S, he is getting snitched on.

Spoiler

Did you tell his “daughter”? I kept it a secret until we were in front of the United Planets Council

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:
  Hide contents

Did you tell his “daughter”? I kept it a secret until we were in front of the United Planets Council

Spoiler

Nope, I haven't told anyone.  Not even his clone, but my laptop character is heelish.   If you tell the Council or let Hadrian know that Victis is alive, he is immediately executed.  Hadrian rats him out if you don't.

When I go through my babyface playthrough on X/S, I'm telling everyone.   That dude deserves death more than Benjamin Bayu does.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

What’s funny is because I waited to do UC missions, I actually hung up the Vae Victus posters for the guy on Wolf before I knew who he was and what he did. 

But that's the fun part.  Doing things first and then having the What Have I Done? moment after gaining more context.

I was a bit annoyed by the "i don't support murderers" being in the dialogue tree when you first talk to the bartender at The Den.  I think that sort of reply would only be appropriate if you have the FC Born trait and have had anti-UC sentiment drilled in your head since grade school.

If you had a character born on Neon, you might not give a shit about what he did or might even support him like Orvell if you are a UC native and have drank deep from the Facism flavored fountain.

Edited by J.T.

Discovered that one of my Temples is bugged - as is it doesn't spawn (a fucking mining rig spawns over it)

In searching - this is another known bug. It at least does clear up if you are doing NG+ so I will have that as an option

Of course - said mining rig lead me to ruining some poor family's life on New Atlantis

When I did that mission the other day with the 

Spoiler

Time shifting

I was told by a friend to watch out for the aliens that is like level 65 and can one shot kill you. So I was saving repeatedly and it did kill me the first time, mainly because I was switching guns when it rushed me.