DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well you have to go to Gagarin for Barrett's "loyalty" mission so I guess you never did that

Yeah I blundered down another enormous rabbit hole full of mission leads while doing Barrett's "loyalty" mission. 

Same thing happened during The Old Neighborhood while Sarah and I were in Cydonia.

Edited by J.T.

Neon for sure.  You will have Activities galore in no time flat.  Every wandering member of Neon Security will break their necks trying to make sure you all caught up with the rumor mill.

I believe the reason i didn't have ten billion Activities logged while working on The Empty Nest is because I did my best to avoid contact with the Freestar Rangers on street patrol in Akila City. 

I may have been overly cautious to avoid going on The List.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Oh, I don't know how much longer I am strictly going to be a sword guy now that I have this badass Legendary AA-99 assault rifle that has Anti-Personnel, Incendiary. and Explosive as the weapon traits with High Powered and Gut Buster Rounds on the curated roll.

I'll probably just make this a short range rifle and leave it fully automatic.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

After a bajillion hours of game time, I have finally discovered how to remove the Taskmaster trait.  Basically you go talk to Keeper Aquilus at the Sanctum Universum church and have the "My crew thinks I'm a slave driving asshole.  What can I do to make them like me?" talk.

I guess I should've taken him up on his offer to talk about their bible, Among the Grav Jumps, earlier in this playthrough.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

A bunch of traits can be removed. Some of them at Reliant Medical.

Oh, I have played long enough to discover how to remove all of my traits.  I just don't want to get rid them.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Did the Nishima Research Station mission.  Only found out later there’s an “everyone lives” way to do it. Another “too long” mission. Am curious to see how good the legendary rewards actually are. 

also curious what choice people made in the Crucible if you did iit. 

I am glad I did not get rid of my UC Security outfit. 

SGT Yumi has another mission for you once you complete both of his initial missions and also complete the Vanguard mission, Eyewitness.

I am mostly done with the Vanguard missions, but haven't been back to UCSEC for a while.

Edited by J.T.

On 11/2/2023 at 3:06 PM, J.T. said:

I may have been overly cautious to avoid going on The List.

I don't know if this is considered a hot take or not, but I find the kids in this game shockingly endearing and not awful shits like most video game kids. The List kid was funny, and I actually like Sam Coe's kid too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Apparently someone made a mod where you can 

Reveal hidden contents

build space stations, because the code to do it is already in the game, so... I guess that's almost certainly gonna be a core part of a DLC?

Please don't say that.  It is bad enough that I am working on my second outpost and will probably have an entire logistics chain done before I even touch my exploding Activities queue.  I love Bethesda time sinks, but it takes me forever to get to the endgame because of them.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I don't know if this is considered a hot take or not, but I find the kids in this game shockingly endearing and not awful shits like most video game kids. The List kid was funny, and I actually like Sam Coe's kid too.

I think Bethesda does a pretty good job when it comes to kids as characters.  All of the children in Starfield are pretty awesome and I also liked most of the kids in games like Skyrim and Fallout 3. 

Even the brats in Bethesda games have good reasons for being that way.  Nelkir is a horrible child, but he's also being manipulated by a Daedra.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am glad I did not get rid of my UC Security outfit. 

SGT Yumi has another mission for you once you complete both of his initial missions and also complete the Vanguard mission, Eyewitness.

I am mostly done with the Vanguard missions, but haven't been back to UCSEC for a while.

Only you would be all I MUST WEAR THE SECURITY OUTFIT WHEN WORKING FOR THE UC!

And The Eyewitness made me very angry for a lot of reasons

Knocked out another temple this morning. The Powers screen says 3 undiscovered temples, but I think I only have 15 powers. 

had to fight off 4 low level Va’Run ships on my way to the planet next in the main storyline. 

been trying to get some Titanium for a day or so and I ended up on Neon and then remembered the mineral store run by the friendly guy with the flyers. 

Everyone fucked off to The Eye and I am like "how the fuck did you all get there? Since it clearly wasn't with me"

Need two more kills to be able to fly Class C so I am making a quick trip to New Atlantis to visit the simulator (I have a skill point banked)

Then the shit will start to go down

On 11/4/2023 at 7:38 AM, RIPPA said:

Only you would be all I MUST WEAR THE SECURITY OUTFIT WHEN WORKING FOR THE UC!

Not just the security outfit but the UCSec plexiglass helmet I found at the Nova Galactic shipyard during The Old Neighborhood.

Someone needs to have unreasonable standards of immersion and I am the most likely suspect.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:38 AM, RIPPA said:

And The Eyewitness made me very angry for a lot of reasons

Yes.  Many reasons.

On 11/4/2023 at 11:43 AM, odessasteps said:

been trying to get some Titanium for a day or so and I ended up on Neon and then remembered the mineral store run by the friendly guy with the flyers.

Nearly every vendor that sells Resources should have a chance to have Titanium in their inventory.  I buy it from Jemison Mercantile, my UC Distribution connect on Cydonia, and the mineral shop in Akila City.

I try to give business to the dumbass in Neon who decided to open a mining supply shop on an ocean planet because I like to support hopeless causes. 

On 11/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, RIPPA said:

Need two more kills to be able to fly Class C so I am making a quick trip to New Atlantis to visit the simulator (I have a skill point banked)

When I needed ship kills towards Pilot 4, I just went to the Mission Boards and picked as many fights as i could.  May as well get paid for it and use the creds to resupply on ship parts.

Edited by J.T.

Watched some Animal Planet doc while folding laundry and it has occurred to me that the late Hayden Wynn was a complete dumbass. 

In his arrogance, he assumed that the Freestar Collective couldn't have weaponized the Ashta simply because they did not have the scientific means to strap electrodes to the Ashta's heads and force them to obey commands..

... as if the FC hadn't had a hundred or so years of existence to capture, domesticate, and train generations of Ashta to serve as companions and beasts of war...  But the Rangers don't even use alien critters for transportation, so maybe Wynn knew what he was talking about?

("Why are the Ranger street patrols on foot?  Where are the horse analogues?  Shouldn't they be riding Grazers or something?")

Oh, and this fucking game desperately needs a "put it back where you found it" button so that you can return slates and books to their original location after you read them.  It would be nice not to have to remember to drop slates after reading them while on a mission and avoid having to dump them in storage when I get back to the Lodge.

Edited by J.T.

I will say that I am impressed that even at Level 57 - I keep stumbling upon things I hadn't done before.

Like it was only yesterday that I ran into a random bounty hunter while scanning who was all "Help me out and I will split the profit!"

Or the couple arguing over directions (I totally ruined that dude's day)

18 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I think my favourite random encounter was bumping into the sea shanty guy, it's such a nice little song.

That was another one I just got