DVDVR Message Board

UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane (03/04/2023) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

25 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The way UFC treated Francis Ngannou was abhorrent and promotional malpractice. Jones vs. Ngannou should've happened years ago, but it didn't because Dana White is a stubborn idiot. 

Agreed. Fight needs to happen asap. Before the Stipe fight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Agreed. Fight needs to happen asap. Before the Stipe fight.

The Stipe fight seems to be a lock. Now, what happens after that is up in the air. I dunno how hellbent Ngannou is about exploring actual free agency. Doesn't seem like Bellator has any interest because he could come with a pretty steep price tag. Plus, their contracts are eerily similiar to the UFC's. His only options at the moment are PFL or glorified exhibitions with Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury. The latter always comes off as a fantasy to me.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The Stipe fight seems to be a lock. Now, what happens after that is up in the air. I dunno how hellbent Ngannou is about exploring actual free agency. Doesn't seem like Bellator has any interest because he could come with a pretty steep price tag. Plus, their contracts are eerily similiar to the UFC's. His only options at the moment are PFL or glorified exhibitions with Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury. The latter always comes off as a fantasy to me.

Or Dana White can stop being a sandbagging schmuck and pay Ngannou what he's earned and deserves. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Or Dana White can stop being a sandbagging schmuck and pay Ngannou what he's earned and deserves. 

If you believe Francis though, it's not about the money.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you believe Francis though, it's not about the money.

Sure it's not. UFC has outgrown Dana White and he hurts them far more than helps them at this point. Let Dana White do his power slap garbage on Friendster. 

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I would have rather seen Jon continue to hold out or to fight out his contract and the Jones/Ngannou fight happen as its own entity without being under the umbrella of an organization or league.