DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Hunters will never get good at jumping.  That's why Stompees are around.

As far as the Stompees nerf goes, I say GET GUD, NOOB~! to all the players thinking that nerfing one exotic will improve their chances of survival.  Bad players will always be the fodder for the bullets of a good player no matter the class.  Nothing will change that.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:28 AM, J.T. said:

Hunters will never get good at jumping.

I was revisiting Datto's Outbreak video since it popped into my recommendations.

If we would have tried the Heroic version to get the catalyst - you would have quit the second you had to do the blind jump around the corner

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was revisiting Datto's Outbreak video since it popped into my recommendations.

If we would have tried the Heroic version to get the catalyst - you would have quit the second you had to do the blind jump around the corner

It was all I could do to get down the shaft without being chopped to bits by the fan blades in the Vanilla run.  Fuck the Heroic run.

It wasn't always like that.  I could platform like a dream in D1.  Once I got the timing down, I rarely ever died in the Mario disappearing ledges puzzle leading down to Atheon during the VoG raid.

Edited by J.T.

I am gonna assuming it is just because of how much I play that my jumping is much better.

I still remember in the early days of the Whisper mission where I couldn't do the shortcut at the very very start because my Titan couldn't make the jump

I should note that this is only on Titan - when I play on Warlock (like I was yesterday) who the fuck knows where I am gonna end up

I couldn't make any of the Whisper jumps without Stompees when I finally got all the way to the fight.  That's how bad regular Hunter jumps are.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I am doing the Witch Queen storyline on my Warlock and I got stuck for a good 5 minutes this morning because I couldn't remember which fucking Warlock jump gave me any height

Finally got around to playing some trials as I was knocking out some of the seasonal challenges

Might go back and try and complete my card tonight

Got all the weapons I hadn't gotten already. The game sure wanted to have a Summoner as it has given me 4 straight

Titans are starting with the catch up buff in this year's Guardians Games - why you might ask?

Because apparently no one plays Titan anymore

thumbnail_image003_1.png?cv=3983621215&a

That is what classes have been played since Witch Queen dropped

So Bungie has revealed the 3 maps the community will be choosing from when they select the Trials map for that one week

• Vostok
  • Altar of Flame
  • Fragment

Fairly sure people are gonna troll and pick Vostok

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Wow, that is just sad with how close he was. I don't think any Destiny 2 boss before him has ever been so damn aggressive. When he smells blood nothing can stop him. Even going invis didn't work once he got to a certain phase.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Titans are starting with the catch up buff in this year's Guardians Games - why you might ask?

Because apparently no one plays Titan anymore

thumbnail_image003_1.png?cv=3983621215&a

That is what classes have been played since Witch Queen dropped

I kind of want Warlocks to win this year since they haven't yet, and I don't really give a crap about the Hunter armor for this year's games.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wow, that is just sad with how close he was. I don't think any Destiny 2 boss before him has ever been so damn aggressive. When he smells blood nothing can stop him. Even going invis didn't work once he got to a certain phase.

Leopard is over 100 attempts now

I just checked in on Fallout and he is just at attempt 50 - that one has been fun to jump in and out of because other content creators are jumping in and out of his chat. Ebontis was in earlier and Datto was in just a few minutes ago.

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Xur has a DMT this week with fullbore, high caliber rounds, vorpal, and short-action stock. I remember people saying wait until vorpal but is this the one to get?

There been other weeks where the DMT he sold had Vorpal

That being said - you definitely want to buy this one

HC's are pretty good on a scout but you really want Accurized Rounds.  Be mindful that you really shouldn't depend on flinch in PvP as dudes will stack stability mods on their guns and resort to other means to reduce flinch.  It is amazing how much of a pounding some guys can take and still remain on target.

Edited by J.T.

I really wish Bungie would announce the teams the streamers are on.

The only one I know so far is that Fallout was picked for Team Warlock

On 5/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, RIPPA said:

I really wish Bungie would announce the teams the streamers are on.

The only one I know so far is that Fallout was picked for Team Warlock

Datto is leading the US team for Titans.

I kind of wish/hope someone asked Aztec to lead the Hunter team purely to fuck with him.